Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Toyota Camry Problems and Repairs

Comments

• zaken1zaken1 Posts: 556
    You may not know that I spend most of my time on the Edmunds "Answers" forum; in which I have answered nearly 4,000 questions during the last 4 years. As part of this work, I sometimes research and recommend local garages for people who do not know of a reliable, trustworthy shop.

If you would like a recommendation for a good, independent, local shop; please respond to this message by posting the city and state in which you live; and I'll try to come up with one.
  • I have dealt with dealer thugs and I used 3 avenues when facing this kind of situation:

1. Write a letter to Tojo the president of Toyota in Japville and ask.

2. Small claims court focuses their attention wonderfully

3. Better Business Bureau: I could never understand it but many "thugs" do not
    want any attention from BBB.
    Good Luck.
  • My water pump is starting to leak at 72,000. Have been quoted $$ ranging from $850 to $1800 by dealerships.

I am in Venice, FL. Am willing to travel 30 miles or so to find a good mechanic.

Thanks,
  • kdk213kdk213 Posts: 4
    live in Utica NY, 13502
    Check out ABC Auto Tech, 4411 30th St W., Bradenton, and also compare with El Potosino Auto Repair, 2509 9th St W, Bradenton.
    Check out Bailey's Auto and Small Engine Repair, 4360 Acme Rd., Ilion, NY 13357 and compare to Clinton Auto Sales Services, 3723 State Rt. 12B, Clinton, NY 13323.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,666
    Must be a V6 engine?
  • kdk213kdk213 Posts: 4
    it is not a V6, it is a 4 cylinder automatic LE
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Posts: 1,666
    WOW! You should not be paying more than $300 for the pump and labor. This is a very easy job on a 4 cylinder.
  • HAve you discovered what the front end clattering noise was? I have something similar in my front end, sounds like something is loose at moderate speeds or eneven surfaces. I checked the air filter box and it was tight. I am not sure if you meant the stabilizer links were on the BMW or Camry. Thanks!
  • notmybmwnotmybmw Posts: 101
    I replaced (or HAD replaced) the stabilizer links on the front ends of both the 325 AND the Camry. It cured the BMW, but had little effect on the Camry.
    Turned out the Camry rattle was more in the back end; we replaced the rear stabilizer bushings to cure THAT rattle.
    Guess I'll have to start slowing down for those speed bumps.
  • Above makes incredible noises when going over normal bumps. A buckboard would be much smoother by comparison. Tires and shocks don't appear to be the problem. Maybe it is the car model. Toyota started building cr-p at about this time, culminating in the 2007 camry.
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    Toyota AND Lexus upper front rubber shock/strut cushions/mounts are failing prematurely. Rubber compresses, is pushed aside, and then you have metal to metal contact with upward strut strokes.
  • chuck28chuck28 Posts: 257
    Does anyone know what kind of labor and cost are involved in fixing the noise caused by Toyota AND Lexus upper front rubber shock/strut cushions/mounts are failing prematurely. Rubber compresses, is pushed aside, and then you have metal to metal contact with upward strut strokes ?
    I have had this problem for a while and seems to be getting worse. Does Toyota admit the poroblem and will they flip for the bill?
    I have a 2007 v- 6 Camry
  • check struts if leaking or damaged
    Hi Does anyone know the exact location of the oxygen sensor. I'm told this is down stream Bank 1 sensor 2 I'm also looking for the correct Denso OE part #

Has anyone replaces this sensor. I heard that the connector may connect in the console of the car which has to be taken apart.

Thanks for any info.

chuck
    Last weekend check engine light came on code read P0138 Bank 1 sensor 2 Oxygen sensor. I disconnected battery light went off but came back on after short drive. Disconnected 1 more time for 45 minutes and light has stayed off. I've driven only 30 miles this week. I'm thinking the light will come on again or did the problem resolve itself? I have a new sensor but waiting to have it installed until the check engine comes on again.

Any thought out there, thanks chuck
    Disconnecting the battery is not the correct way to clear codes on OBDII (1996 and later) vehicles. That's why the light comes back on. A code scanner is the proper way to clear codes on these vehicles. But if it stays off; you lucked out.
    Thanks Zanken, not sure if it will stay off. Wondering if you had any thoughts what triggered the light to come on in the first place. Can it be a dirty Oxygen sensor that cleaned it's self when heated up?

Thanks again, chuck