Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Toyota Camry Problems and Repairs

Comments

• patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Um, guess what - I host that discussion as well and have read every single post! :)

I'm just saying the guy is reporting his experiences with the 07 Camry and to tell him that he's wrong makes no sense; he has experienced what he has experienced. He's also in a way better position that any of us are to diagnose whether any individual issue that he has seen is indeed a hardware or a software problem.
  • 650spx650spx Member Posts: 48
    I am very happy that you rental car that you abuse every day is holding up. I am sure you ran a (vis) to see if it has ever had any warranty work don to it like a trans or a intake gasket. This way you are 100% sure it is all orginal and will help you support you claim that your car has never had any transmissions issues or other problems.
    I see alot of you out there who are not to happy with the words I type. I am not sure why? I am just telling you what I see every day at the dealership I work at. I am also giveing the most up to date toyota information before tsb's even come out. I am sorry if you do not like my professional opnion or my 16 years of toyota knowlage that I have but thats just to bad. I have every right to be here and spew my opnion just like the rest. I feel very bad for the people who have new cars with problems but I did not build the car I juts fix them. As far as I no toyota dose not own a single dealership. I do not work for toyota nore dose anyone else who is a tech at a toyota dealer. If your car Is not getting fixed at one dealer bring I to another. It is possiable the dealer you go to has a bunch of low paid sloppey techs.

Now for the challange

I would love to here from anyone who has test driven,confifmed a trans problem,then removed the trans and disassembled it and fornd a internal deffect or problem with a toyota camry or avalon 2006 to 2007.
    The confrontational attitudes need to stop, please.

You've made your point. If you can help the people here who are having trouble, we very much welcome that. As I said in my email to you, some may want to argue and the best thing to do is refrain from making personal comments.

If you had purchased a brand new automobile that was performing badly, you'd want to argue also. Maybe you could put yourself in the place of some of these folks and just try to help - we'd really appreciate that.

To all: there is nothing to be gained by getting up in people's faces, no matter what side of this issue you find yourself on.

The purpose of this discussion is to help people who are having difficulties with their 07 Camry. If you are not having difficulty with yours, and if you can't help those who are, please find another discussion for your concerns.
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    "while aborting an upshift...."

That's part of the problem....Once an upshift has been commanded by the engine/transaxle ECU, due to the mechanical design of the transaxle itself, it CAN NOT be aborted, the transaxle MUST complete the upshift and only then can/will the ECU issue the downshift "command".

And I'm not so sure any or all transaxle gear change sequence isn't strictly a "timed" function, or at least partially so. No actual "shift completed" feedback, insofar as the ECU issuing subsequent transaxle activities.

If you happen to be cruising alone at a relatively constant speed and then suddenly and rapidly depress the gas pedal then the transaxle will INSTANLY downshift and you'll be on your RAPIDLY ACCELERATING way.

It's only when you "dither" the gas pedal, say as you slow (lift-throttle, upshift) watching for an opening and then shortly thereafer, QUICKLY, attempt to accelerate to match speed with and merge into that upcoming opening in speeding traffic, that the downshift delay will occur. And the more times you "dither" the gas pedal, off and on, the worse will likely be the delay.
    I find this to be true also.
    Let's be entirely fair here.

When I first read 650spx's post #3799 I was just as offended as apparently were many others. First, let me say that I have been just as guilty as 650spx in this regard, on numerous occassions, too many to mention.

Oftentimes our own knowledge, stuff we know in our own minds to be factual, gets in our way when we write these posts. I know what I want to say but the stuff, background, knowledge gets in the way. My mind fills in the "blanks" for me as I compose a post.

"95% of the ones I see fail is from customer abuse."

I now, in retrospect, have absolutely NO doubt that what 650spx was trying to say in the above sentence was that 95% of the transmissions that require mechanical repair is from customer abuse.

But absent knowing what was in 650spx's mind it can only be read as an insult to those experiencing "failures" (lag, flare, etc) through absolutely no fault, abuse, of their own.

"But it takes a long time"

From '98 to '08..?

Yes, it takes a long time to think up a fix, most especially if you are raised in a "heads-down" cultural environment, taught to NEVER think nor act "out of the box", but the time required for composing the firmware to implement that fix should be measured in hours.

"nevermind that it must pass through the government"

regretably IMMHO, but no.

The results, operational results, pertaining only to FE and emissions must past muster by our government, but I know of no instance wherein the actual firmware code must be submitted for government oversight.

Not that anyone within our government would comprehend the code anyway.
    I also did the same as you and was unfair to others on the board. I did not mean to belittle anyone or there problems. I was only expressing the things I have seen and the the things toyota has told me about the shift flare issues. I do not personaly know what it takes to come up with a reprogram for the pcm. But from what toyota tells me that changing trans shifting effects engine performance and emissions which has to pass through the gov for the clean air act. Thay do pay a tax on the amount of polunts the sum of all there vechiles put out. I also know there are pentiles for haveing to up them. Toyota is trying to fix this problem but also keep the same performance and emissions. I personaly think customers come frist and thay should just pay the tax and fix the program but on the other hand I have no idea how much it is causting them. It is after all a business and thay have to remain cost effective which I am sure you can all understand but I still think it sucks for everyone with a problem.
  • user777user777 Member Posts: 3,341
    just so we are all good, the point of my post was, at least for the '05 avalon, it's not the transmission, it's the O2 sensors and exhaust manifold some other stuff and a reprogram. that speaks to something we aren't really considering. perhaps the sensing of Fuel/Air ratio and the ECU's response to it.
    While I have forever been concerned about the safety of FWD vehicles on adverse roadbed conditions I too was at one time convinced that the new shift pattern Toyota adopted late in the last century was for improving FE.

I first noticed odd shifting "symptoms" in my 2000 AWD RX300. When I upgraded to the '01 model I noticed the symptom was carried over. During coastdowns below 10 MPG the RX occasionally felt as if I had been bumped lightly from behind. And during coastdowns at 40-30 MPH, even with braking, it felt as if the RX surged forward, sort of a "slingshot" effect.

Given my prejudice against FWD I immediately assumed the upshifting was being done in order to prevent loss of directional control due to engine compression braking.

Then I happen to run across an engineering white paper by Sierra Research in CA and then I had to concede that the new shift pattern might have more, or as much, to do with improving FE by elongating coastdown distances as safety improvement. Having purchased a 2003 Prius at about the same time definitely influenced my thoughts about FE. The Prius ALWAYS uses regenerative braking during coastdown periods.

But.

Then I discovered the US patent issued to Ford regarding techniques they seemingly developed for the Escape and Mariner Hybrids, both "base" FWD vehicles.

One of the patented techniques involves substantially reducing the level of regenerative braking if the OAT declines to near, at, or below freezing. The second involves disabling regenerative braking the INSTANT ABS activates with actual braking application.

Anyone need an explanation as to why these two patented techniques fully convinced me that most FWD vehicles were patently UNSAFE on adverse roadbed conditions? Or why I am now fully convinced that the safety issue is really the only, or primary, reason Toyota has adopted the new lift-throttle coastdown upshift pattern for the entire FWD and front torque biased fleet?
  • westchesterwestchester Member Posts: 7
    User777, I think you are on the right track with the fuel/air ratio and ECU response... which includes the 2007 Camry 4 cylinder. I have the 5 speed manual and I have posted previously that the engine reacts as if starved for fuel if I try to accelerate lightly or moderately at 65 mph in 5th OR 4th gear. This condition becomes progressively worse the warmer the outside temperature, especially above 90F. The Toyota tech drove the car and agreed there does seem to be a problem. The tech told me he thought the ECU was not responding properly to the ambient temperature. The service manager told me the tech never said this and I would have to resolve direcly with Toyota. Toyota says they never heard of such a problem, so it doesn't exist (??).

I have seen other posts on this site where fuel starvation has been mentioned with the 4 cyl, so I'm not sure why Toyota is making this claim.

P.S., the engine responds fine under same conditions noted above when outside temp 70F and below.
    What is your engine RPM in 5th or 4th gear at 65 MPH?

Have you looked at the torque vs RPM curve for your I4?

If the engine/transaxle system is properly designed then certainly in 5th gear at 65 MPH you will be operating right on the cusp between engine lugging and just barely having enough engine torque to move the car forward at that speed.

Drive up an incline or HOT climate and 5th gear at 65 MPH will be putting you even closer to engine lugging.

It does not seem at all unusual to me that an I4 will not accelerate rapidly/quickly in those conditions given that the I4 engine will be TUNED more for FE than performance.

The engine control ECU absolutely MUST keep the engine from operating in the low RPM "lugging" zone where knock/ping will be prevalent and severe damage to the engine might result. Maybe the ECU, via DBW throttle control, is simply starving the engine of A/F mixture as a way to tell you that you need to downshift.

Drive someone's I4 with an automatic and see if it doesn't ALWAYS downshift in the conditions you describe.

And keep in mind that the only other way for the ECU to prevent engine damage from knock/ping in those conditions is to FLOOD the engine with fuel, increase the A/F mixture quite a bit above optimal.

And FE goes down the tube.

You have a manual transaxle for a very good reason(***), make use of it!

*** Improved, much better FE vs an automatic.

I rather doubt that any of the problems, hesitation, flare, etc, being discussed concerning the Toyota or Lexus automatic transaxle shift pattern will/could carry over to any engine and a manual transaxle.

YOU have a CLUTCH that can be used to prevent engine compression braking and/or extend coasting distances to improve FE.

"You" can go ahead and drop the transaxle into 1st gear LONG before you come to a full stop during coastdown, clutch still disengaged afterward or no.

"You" can instantly depress the clutch pedal if there is even a slight hint of skidding of the front wheels due to engine compression braking on a slippery roadbed.

"You" can prevent engine compression braking from interfering with the functionality of the anti-lock braking system by simply depressing the clutch pedal.
    wwest, thank you for the detailed response. It's nice to hear something other than "never heard of such a thing". At least you are presenting me with some good considerations... and I appreciate your time.

In 5th gear @ 65 MPH, the tach says I'm turning just under 2500 RPM, in 4th gear, I'm around 3000 rpm. It seems extreme to me to have to drop 2 gears to achieve any kind of acceleration only when temperatures are over 90F. It is also interesting to note that the owners manual (p.169) states "for best compromise between fuel economy and performance" downshifting from 5th to 4th should occur at 45 MPH, 4th to 3rd at 40 MPH. The owner's manual also states that if I go below 45 MPH in 5th or 40 MPH in 4th, the possibility of lugging and pinging occurs at these points. Obviously, I am WELL above these shift points.

And yes I did choose the manual for more control over conditions. And I am QUITE pleased with the performance of the I4 when it is "on". I guess if I did not live in the hot northeast driving exclusively highways, this would not be a problem.
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    On my carspace, I had the I-4 HP/Torque curves posted from a year ago, if anyone wants it.
    If I get a chance to drive one this week I will try to rember to compair tach readings. I have seen the DBW TP and IAT/MAF get dirty even at 12000 miles. IAT sensor 5 deg off on the cold side and the TP at 19 to 22 precent at idle (should be 15 to 17 percent). This some times causes funny things to happen due to the adaptive memory. Try Get a good quality air intake cleaner and remove the IAT/MAF sensor wire and bulb (make sure it is cool and unpluged)
    and DO NOT TOUCH THE WIRE OR BULB WITH ANYTHING. Also do not brush the TB hold it open with your finger spray it down lightley and wipe it down with a clean cloth. Then start the car and let it run for 10 minutes then take it for a normal 10 mile drive. After you let it cool retest and see if it helps.

In some cases the car may not start after doing this the ecm may have to be reset you can try disconnecting the postive and negative battery cables and holding them together for 30 minutes to clear the memory and try to restart. If this dose not work it will need to be reset at a toyota dealer about $100.00 dollers.

Try this repair at your own risk! Neather I or toyota recomed anyone untrained try to preform the above repair on a vechile!
    650spx, that would be great if you can find a manual transmission and compare tach readings. Manuals seem to be rare where I live. Toyota's last position was to put the burden on me to go find a manual and test drive to see if different from my car. Then (I guess??) they would discuss my situation further with me. Of course, my dealer does not have any manuals.

Thanks for the instructions, but at this point, this car is barely a year old and still under warranty. I am not going to do anything that Toyota could say voids the warranty. I will bring your comments to the dealer service manager, but I predict his standard response will be... " I never heard of doing such a thing".
  • eroc69eroc69 Member Posts: 56
    Phew, I wish I followed all these great posts.
    I found a way to deal with the issues in my 07 LE V-6.
    I LET MY WIFE DRIVE IT and I driver her CR-V :P
    Seriously, its been over a month since I drove it. I could probably deal with some tranny issues by just using the manumatic but the seat discomfort is the big deal breaker for me. I might get in it today and take it to work, its been 6 weeks.
    "Manuals seem to be rare where I live..."

FWD or front biased AWD vehicles are becoming more and more rare because most drivers today have NO a clue how to drive one safely in adverse roadbed conditions.

FWD with automatic transaxles are proving to be BAD enough from a safety standpoint.

You can downshift a RWD fairly safely in comparison since even if engine compression braking happens to be high enough to LOCK the drive wheels you still have stearing capability to help get you out of trouble.

With FWD....NOT!

Or maybe the FWD manufacturers have by now killed off most, or even all, of the owners that might consider a manual transaxle.
  • mwhitworthmwhitworth Member Posts: 14
    Nope 650SPX, not one problem, zero, zilch. With anything!! No transmission jerks, software reflashes, transmission replacement, hesitation, sudden acceleration in my PONTIAC! ;)
    "in my Pontiac.."

One of the new more sensible RWD Pontiacs, no doubt.
    Glad to hear you are not having these problems in your Pontiac. But this isn't the right discussion for that...
  • camryowner1camryowner1 Member Posts: 62
    Hi, I am a 2007 Camry LE 4cyl/5spd automatic transmission owner too which have same problems listed in msg #1098 (tsmsn downshifting, lag, etc.). I have owned nothing but Toyota Camry Le 4cy/auto. for the last 15 years.
    As I am still a dissatisfied customer, could you help me to again become a loyal and supportive fan of Toyota, USA?
    My VIN: 4T1BE46K07U102536 Mfg Lexington, KY in 12/06. Thanks in advance.
  • mwhitworthmwhitworth Member Posts: 14
    :cry:
  • nmt001nmt001 Member Posts: 124
    I was the owner of a 2007Camry LE 4cy/5sp automatic which has hasitation problem. I traded it in and dumped Toyota when they kept on telling the customers that the hasitation was normal.

Hasn't Toyota finally admitted that there is a problem and issued a TSB to fix the transmission already as reported by some members here? Have you complained to the Toyota dealership directly about the problems?

I feel bad that you have to plead for help but nobody from Toyota seems to be giving you a helping hand.

Loyalty to an automobile manufacturer should be a two way affair, not just one way.
  • 1293712937 Member Posts: 5
    I bought a 07 Camry couple of months back and I am hearing a rattling noise close to the front doors, both driver side and passenger side. The noise is like a fluttering plastic cover in wind and is obvious at around 20+ mph speed. the noise reduces if I slow down.

Anyone with a similar problem or known about such issues , please share your experiences ?
  • stlpike07stlpike07 Member Posts: 229
    Take the car to your dealer. Take them on a test drive and "duplicate" the sound for them. As long as you can duplicate the problem they should attempt to fix it. Or, go to another dealer and have them fix it. Everything is covered under waranty.
    I put your readings on paper and taped them to my lap top at my tool box. I am still waiting for a 5 speed to come my way.
  • robertbanksrobertbanks Member Posts: 2
    On 4 occasions the brakes seem to fail. When the brakes are applied there is no pressure in the pedal and it goes all the way to the flood. Pumping them does not help, the pedal just goes right to the floor without slowing or stopping the car. Always while traveling at lower speeds. Took it to the dealer as well as Firestone and other than 1 occasion where the brake fluid level was low, they could not find anything wrong.

Has ANYONE had or heard of this problem?
    Let's continue over here where you are getting some responses: robertbanks, "Toyota Camry Brakes" #99, 16 Aug 2007 12:39 pm.
  • wmpatfanwmpatfan Member Posts: 1
    I'm new to this board...bought a 2007 XLE 4Cyl in Mid-June. Seemed fine for the first 1000 miles - the last few weeks I've noticed the "lag" a lot and I think it's dangerous! I'm actually scared pulling out into traffic! I also noticed when I let up off the gas the car seems to downshift and jerk... I called the dealership today - they wanted to charge me $87 for a diagnostic fee and I said no way - I've owned the car for not even 2 months...she put me through to an advisor who scheduled an appt for Monday morning. I can't wait to see what happens.
  • bohica223bohica223 Member Posts: 14
    Well if your meeting goes anything like the one I had today you wont be happy. I've been having transmission flare problems since I first bought my 07 camry V6 XLE. I went for an arbitration meeting today and Toyotas stance on the problem?? There is no problem..car works like its supposed to. I was told that the tranny in this car is so advanced and there is nothing like it out there..and that the flare is a characteristic of the tranny. When I asked if it is a characteristic of the tranny...why dont all of them doit and why doesnt mine do it all the time. No answer on that one. toyotas offer to me?? They were willing to pay for the extended warranty I bought and do some TBSa bulletin work to the car. When I asked if that would fix the problem they couldnt guarantee it would. I also mentioned all of the other people in this forum that have the same problem and was told that everyone and everything in here is irrelevent...hear say and didnt matter..unless we could all get together on this. They actually asked me if I could bring anyone from here into the meeting (this after the meeting had started) Other problems I've had with this car since day one include: Heated seats work intermittantly, drivers info center is inaccurate, console lights go on and off and get brighter and dimmer, smart key works when it feels like it. ASL on the stereo just plain doesnt work at all. Seems Toyota is finally willing to admit there are some problems with this car but they have no sure fix for it..even the fix was said to make it a little better..not fix it comletely. I even had video evidence of the problems the car was having but they were not interestedin seeing it. Somehow I wish we ALL could get together somehow on this and make Toyota stand behind their product. I am now in the process of going the lemon law route and am considering advertising my story in a few local newspapers and tv stations. I'll keep everyone posted on the progress.
  • chuck28chuck28 Member Posts: 259
    Hello, I'm sorry about your arbitration meeting. Your story is very similar to mine.
    I was wondering how many attempt did the dealership do to fix the Trans.
    You need three attempts.
    I am trying to get a dealership to duplicate my flare problem which is happening everyday on my car. It just dosen't happen when the dealership has my car. Go figure? Who would you believe? I also had my flrare problem on video which they saw.
    Anyhow, I would love to get together with other owners with this issue and get Toyota to do something. I believe this is a big injustice.
    I'm not sure how to get you info. to contact me though I think there is a way to check profiles. If you are familar with that feel free to let me contact you?
    Keep in touch, chuck
    Message #3699 might help in your case.
    Message #3753 might help in your case and chuck28's case too.
    Yup Message #3753 is pretty much what mine is doing only mine is MUCH worse..I did the same as that poster did and video taped it..although my dealer was not interested in viewing the Cd I made..he only wanted to perform the work if it flared when he test drove it. Its bad enough to have this tranny problem but combine that with all the other problems this car has and its unbearable....this is a brand new car..I've never had so many problems with a brand new car. Now I know what they mean by Oh what a feeling...I'm feeling it where I sit.
  • djm2djm2 Member Posts: 712
    Good Morning Bohica223:
    I am sorry to hear about the issues with your V6 XLE Camry. I also own a 2007 V6 Camry, purchased in January 2007. The vehicle presently has 13,600 miles on it, and I DO NOT have the transmission issues that I see posted on these boards. That DOES NOT mean that I do not believe that there is an issue with this vehicle!(Something is wrong with some of these vehicles!)
    Your "arbitration hearing" was NOT a "fact finding meeting," nor was it designed to bring about a solution to the problem. It was designed to dump all the responsibility on YOU, the owner of the vehicle. Personally, I think you were treated very poorly by both the dealership, and the Toyota corporation. That makes me think about what I am going to do in 2010, in terms of a replacement vehicle.
    If was treated in this fashion, I would go to one of the magnetic plastic sign companies, and have a sign made describing the problems with the vehicle, and ride around with that sign in place on the vehicle. (EXAMPLE: ----"This vehicle has transmission problems, ---purchase from: XYZ dealer. Toyota does not care! Ask me about this issue!")--I would also have a supply of "printed hand outs" that describe the entire issue with this vehicle, so when people ask me about the problems, I could simply give them a copy of the "hand out"! (You might attract some "media attention"! Then watch Toyota and the Dealer "run for cover"!) If "Toyota" wanted to solve this issue, they would put someone on this board to answer the questions of the owners that have this problem! They will loose this fight, the same way that they lost the "sludge fight," and in the process, their market share will decrease! I guess that is what they want! (This will make the American manufacturers VERY happy!)
    Toyota is missing the boat on this problem by dumping the issue back on the owner. They are just recovering from the "sludge issue," and now they are taking the same position with the transmission issue. I would give them the advertisement that they deserve.
    Just my opinion. Best regards. ----- Dwayne :shades: :confuse: ;):)
  • jack47jack47 Member Posts: 312
    Years ago a psychologist friend had an underground pool installed...and after several problems showed up he could get no satisfaction from the company that installed the pool.

He made up a sign indicating the problems he was having so all poetential customers could see it and on a week-end walked back and forth on the side walk in front of the company.

Immediately they sent out a repair team to his home and fixed all the problems.

Sometimes you just gotta do what a man/woman has gotta do.
    I'm with you on this one Dwayne. The magnetic sign idea is a good one and I may just do that as well. Here is my plan so far. Not only am I going through arbitration and filing via lemon law in NJ. I am also making copies of my video recorded problems with the car and will be distibuting them free of charge to anyone who is interested. I plan on placing a half or full oage ad in all 3 of the main local newspapers here basically saying..Thinking of buying a Toyota..call me and see all the problems I've had which Toyota claims are not problems. I am making the copies available on CD and on DVD. We also have a couple of tv programs in this area which deal with issues like this and 'm going to see if they might be interested in airing the story. It would be nice if someone in the media could see the problems so many are having here and contact a lot of people in here..maybe we'd get something done. As for the sludge problem you mentioned I know a guy who works for Toyota and even though there was no recall for that problem they are fixing the cars (when they sieze up or break down) for free because enough people have complained. I cant see anything happewning from them ignoring these tranny problems except for their image to be hurt once again. I am happy for you that you are having none of these problems but let me ask you..does the ASL feature on your stereo work? I'll keep posting on my progress as it unfolds
  • lisabaker1989lisabaker1989 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased my 07 Camry V6 XLE in 2006. In January of 2007 I was having transmission problems. There was a hesitation when I drove it. Usually only while the engine was cold. It took a couple of times taking it in to Toyota then they told me it was 4 quarts low on transmission fluid. Now why would that be when it's a brand new car. So they claimed they fixed it then they gave it back to me. The very next day I was driving on the freeway and my Camry was UP IN SMOKE. My transmission blew. If I wouldn't have stopped when I did, my car would have gone up in flames. Toyota now had to order me a new transmission which took 3 weeks. This is due to the fact that they were on backorder cause of so many having to be replaced. After them having my car for 4 weeks, replacing the transmission, crashing into it with another customers vehicle and then scratching it in their carwash I have my car back. I am not happy with the new Transmission. I still feel hesitation. Seems like whenever they test drive it that it doesn't happen for them. One more time and it's a Lemon. :lemon:
    YouTube...??
  • chuck28chuck28 Member Posts: 259
    Now that a good idea!!!
    I think the magnetic sign, newspaper ads(when you can aford it) and TV coverage are the best ideas because they don't require people to intenionally search the internet to see it. Of coure posting your complaint and the magnetic sign parade on You Tube helps too. Let Toyota see that the American consumers are not whimps to be messed with.
  • teamtboteamtbo Member Posts: 78
    Bohica, I am SO sorry to hear about the way Toyota is treating you. I can't believe they are saying the shift flare is normal...why are they replacing trannies then? Actually, I CAN believe that they are saying this. That is why I have decided to trade my Camry in versus pursuing arbitration, etc.

I had the tranny replaced in my 2007 v6 XLE due to a 1000RPM shift flare and it started flaring again last week. I figured it would be better to take the financial loss than to get completely frustrated and anxious by trying to fight Toyota legally. Yah, call me a wimp, but we all have to pick our battles (and this isn't one of them). However, if some of you are in Northern/Central California, I would be willing to meet with you before I trade this thing in....but it may not be very far away.

Please keep us posted as to how this all works out.
  • teamtboteamtbo Member Posts: 78
    Lisa, not sure what state you are in but if your car was out of commission for 30 days, you may already be eligible to pursue the Lemon Law. You should check your states Lemon Law. In California, the Lemon Law applies if any one of these situations is true (#2 applies to you):

1. Toyota has tried to fix a non-safety issue 4 or more times to no avail.
    2. Your car is out of commission for a total of 30 days or more (doesn't even have to be consecutive days).
    3. Toyota has tried to fix a safety issue 2 or more times to no avail.

If you do pursue the Lemon Law, make sure you can prove (with a paper trail) that your car really was out of commission for that period of time...unfortunately, they aren't going to take you word for it.
  • djm2djm2 Member Posts: 712
    Good Morning Bohica223:
    I do not pay attention to the ASL feature of the radio, as I am always adjusting the sound with the controls on the steering wheel. I will say, that the sound quality of the radio leaves much to be desired. It is better than the 2003 Accord, but it is something that I would want to change in my next vehicle. I listen to alot of "talk radio," and when I listen to music, the sould quality is poor. I would have expected that the "top of the line Camry" would have a better sound system. I also think that the quality of the leather seats could be improved. They are cheap!
    I tend to put alot of mileage on my vehciles in a short amount of time. By January 2008 I will probably have at least 22,000 miles on this Camry if not 25,000 miles. (The vehicle will be only one year old.) This translates into having somewhere between 66,000 and 75,000 in a three year period. While I have a "top of the line Toyota Extended Warranty" on this vehicle for 100,000 miles, the best time to trade would be before the vehicle reaches 60,000 miles and three years. This means that I will be looking for a replacement vehicle sometime during the third year of ownership. Now having made this statement, and knowing the problems that people are having with other Camry vehicles, do I go back to my dealer who gives "outstanding service" and take a "BIG CHANCE" and purchase another Camry, or do I "order" a Chevrolet or a Buick or a Ford from the factory, with all the accessories and the trim package that I want in a vehicle? (I did not buy American when I purchase the Camry, because I could not find a vehicle with the required "trim package that I wanted in stock"!)
    When you add into the purchase process this "transmission issues," and the lack of sensitivity on the part of Toyota to the problems of the consumer, maybe it is worth taking the gamble to order an American vehicle from the factory. (I would want a statement added to the purchase agreement, stating that I could refuse delivery if something was not acceptable on the "ordered vehicle" at the time of delivery).
    The main reason why I like this vehicle is the comfort of the seats. The Accord was a quality vehicle, but the front bucket seats were VERY UNCOMFORTABLE, and on a long road trip my back would be in spasm!
    At this point in time, I still have some mileage to go till I have to make a decision. AS I have stated in other postings, I might also have the problem, but my style of driving might be covering up this issue. I tend to drive at a very steady posted speed in the right lane. I leave a "Big Distance" between myself and the vehcile in front of me, and I slow down and accelerate slowly. When I do pass another vehicle, I press down on the accelerator slowly, (the trasmission does down shift), and upon completing the passing process, I slowly release the pressure on the accelerator and return to the cursing speed. I DO NOT like to use cruise control! I want to drive my own vehicle. I also shift my trasmission into "neutral" at a STOP LIGHT when people are crossing in front of my vehicle. I DO NOT trust "computer controlled vehicles". I would rather be safe than sorry! ----- SO, it is very possible that my "driving style" has covered up the trasmission issue, and as such, I do not experience the problem that is posted on this site. That does not mean that the problem does not exist!
    Best regards to all. ------ Dwayne :shades: ;):) :confuse:
  • user777user777 Member Posts: 3,341
    why don't you call corporate and tell them that your dealer isn't being helpful and you are dissapointed in the customer relationship toyota is building with a faithful consumer... mention that you might upload your video to youtube in order to get others together on the issue? :shades:

until then, why not upload your video to edmunds?

"savings... selection... so what are you waiting for"???

maybe there is a reason there are "lots on the lot".
  • camry154camry154 Member Posts: 5
    It is very disgusting the way toyota company and its dealers treat the customers and i do agree that they need proper legal action to stop this nonsence. I am ready for it and in fact i suggested in this forum some time back.,
  • dzefdzef Member Posts: 8
    Somewhere on this thread I had obtained thru a link a pdf repair manual for the 2007 Camry and I must have opened it in Adobe but goofed by not saving it. It showed all sorts of things such as disassembly of door panels and such. There was another document there that I did save such - a long PDF describing new features of the 2007 Camry and it is called 07_NCF.pdf. Would anybody remember what message this link was in so I don't have to search all 3000 some? Really appreciate it. Dzef