Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Consequences of a new Pony Car war

13»

Comments

• rockyleerockylee Posts: 14,011
    LOL..... :)

Rocky
  • john_324john_324 Posts: 974
    To be fair, a twin-screw would have eaten up most of their budget...and they'd probably have had to beef up the suspension even more to handle the prodigious off-the-line grunt they provide (compared to the higher rpm kick of a centrifugal).

Agree on the pointlessness of swaping the hood though. But 'cause I'm old school, I dig the hood pins...not ridiculous at all as they claim... :blush:

Looking forward to the testing...
  • Hii, I have a 1984 S/E Firebird v8 305 and recently I had problems with it, I was on my way home from class, and suddenly I was shooting RPMs out the roof, for no reason and my car wasn't accelerating. I was doing a maximum of twenty, as I couldn't accelerate any faster and my RPM's were so high that it seemed like I should be doing 90MPH, so i slowly drove the backstreets, (5mph, lol) all the way home, and it's been sitting there out of commission ever since. It does this with all of the gears except reverse. Reverse works perfectly fine. Up until this I've never had a problem with this car, I've had it for 5 years, and I bought it off a little ol' lady who had it serviced religiously, I check the fluids everytime I get ready to take off, and take very good care of the car.

Also, for my nephew whom is taking the Driving test in a few days, what exactly is the "Auxiliary Equipment" on a car?
  • i have an black 88 firebird, both the interior and the body are in great condition. Its all black and it has 62,000 on it. i love the lambo doors but im not sure if they would be out of place. im thinking of putting a neon light or some kind on the bottom of the door and re doing the interior with MOMO. then putting neon lights right below my wipers so it will project onto my hood and illuminate my white firebird hood decal ( the decal is large im sure you've seen it before). i would appreciate your advice.
  • andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,393
    Apparently you can't make a late Firebird too garish, I say go 4 it. Don't forget the neon license plate surrounds

BTW, they're called scissors doors.
  • thanks
    ... anyone else have an opinion
  • fezofezo Posts: 9,195
    "Apparently you can't make a late Firebird too garish, I say go 4 it. Don't forget the neon license plate surrounds"

I guess that's what they mean by consequences....
  • hmmm... im not sure what you are trying to say
  • frumundafrumunda Posts: 15
    Look. The reality of the situation is this; the BIG THREE are in their financial death throes due to their need to have everything done cheap. In turn, they have had to expand their manufacturing (read; farm out), to countries that don't have a union and a wage and hour division breathing down their neck making them accountable.

Instead of doing the smart thing and shutting down those factories overseas, thereby moving that money here, they would rather stop paying people here. What does that do? It takes the money made by those workers that could be funneled back into our economy and makes it evaporate.

So ....when sales drop because the public has no expendable income, the snake ends up eating its tail.

In desperation, the BIG THREE are trying to revive the golden era of the automobile. Unfortunately, Dodge royally missed the mark with the Charger. Four doors and a grill reminiscent of the 50s 300? Are you kidding? The Charger was a two-seater, with distinct bodylines and characteristics. Missed the point completely. Ford got it right with the most recent incarnation of the Mustang, but missed the bus when they dropped the Bronco. The Explorer had so many transmission troubles (bad case on the AOD and A4LD) that the moniker got a bad rap before they could salvage the sales. Chevrolet can't seem to KEEP a model. They're renamed the same platform so many times I'm afraid all of their vehicles have schizophrenia. A front-wheel-drive Monte Carlo and Malibu? Have you completely lost touch with what the history of these cars are and what memories they recall to your brand-loyal customers?

This is my point. When you're bleeding from an amputation, you don't get a tiny band-aid. You stop doing the easy thing and fix whats wrong the right way.

Pony car wars ain't it.
13»
This discussion has been closed.