Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Venture: Doors & Windows

2»

Comments

• ajnbfajnbf Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 venture and love it. I have been having a problem with the windows for the past 2 years and can not trace it. The windows will only sometimes work, lately not at all and I mean both the front and the back wing windows. The front windows will not work unless the back ones do. I am afraid to even try opening them any more as there is no guarantee they will close.

First I tried replacing the master switch thinking it was that. Did not help. Next, I obtained wiring diagrams from Haynes and GM themselves to try to trace what probably is a short. That is when I found out that the only thing the front window and the back windows share or ave in common is a ground on the passenger door post between the front and slider. That is it, other wise everything is different, separate fuses, everything. An from everything I can tell is there is nothing wrong with the ground at the door post.

I am open to any suggestions on where to look next. I do not have hundreds of dollars to have a shop try to trace it. Any input will be greatly appreciated! I thank you in advance!
  • fleastifffleastiff Posts: 51
    Front Passenger side door is in the UNlocked position and the lock won't budge.

Neither of the two internal lock buttons will lock it, nor will the key fob button lock it.
    I've attempted to manipulate the little black lever on the inside of the door handle but it stays put and only indicates the red-tinged area indicating its 'unlocked' status.

It doesn't really interfere with the vehicle's operation in anyway. All the other doors lock. Its just I can't lock the right front door and I don't like it that way!

Anyone have any ideas?
  • chevownerchevowner Posts: 1
    I have found that if it's working but slowly then apply a good lube in the track inside the door. Not WD40 either because it will just wear away. ;)
  • chaseschases Posts: 41
    it may be messy, but spray some engine degreaser on the lock with the door open and wash it good. You need to get some spray white litheum grease to spray in it when your finished.

does the other electrical things in your door still work?

check all the wires going to the door lock actuator. If you had a meter the readings across the wires would be 12v for lock and then reverse for unlock. some vehicles wont lock unless the latch is made. so take a screwdriver and manually latch the door latch with the door open and see if the lock can move then.
  • we had the same problem on our 2003 Venture. First time it was the cable. You can see it in the door track, when the door is open. The plastic/rubber casing over the cable was badly frayed causing the door to struggle. Replaced it, that cable cost a fortune too, then its been an issue about every six months.
  • Driver side window wont go up or down. Passenger side window goes up and down but when in closed position, makes noise like gears are grinding or slipping when it gets to the top.
  • Driver side window wont go up or down. Passenger side window goes up and down but when in closed position, makes noise like gears are grinding or slipping when it gets to the top.
  • I have this exact same problem with my 2004 Chevy Venture. We have had the windshield resealed and still no luck. Im afraid we are going to ruin our fuse box. Im hoping you resolved this issue? Any help would be much appreciated.
  • I have a 2001 Venture, my driver side window did the same thing. I had the switch replaced (Not the window motor) and it fixed the problem.
  • Own a Venture LT 2002.The left front driver's door is locked.Can't manually open it or electronically?Have a new replacement door lock actuator.But the door must be opened in order to do the removal and installation.How do I release the door lock mechanism?
  • Hi maybe you already done this but unless you have its not done right you need to take and remove the windshield to get at the actual leak I know I have one
  • kendra7kendra7 Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    The other day my doorlocks stopped working. I'm not sure if it's related or not, but my sliding door didn't respond to the button being pushed so I played around with the inside switches on the door (both, don't remember what order) and the door started responding again. I think the very next time I pressed the door lock button (on both driver's and passenger's side) the door locks didn't work. They didn't respond to the remote either. There is no sound at all, it just didn't work at all.

So, is this something that I should check the wiring under the passenger side carpet?

At the very same time, the interior lights stopped working when I opened the doors. They don't go on automatically at all anymore, but they do work if I press the dome light button.

Unrelated (and not a door window problem): setting three stopped working with air conditioning and heat. Other settings still work.
2»