Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Cobalt Accessories & Modifications

13»

Comments

• i bought a used 08 cobalt sport has a 2.4L ecotec and its automatic tranny i am looking for some upgrades for it like a supercharger or even a turbo and any other performance upgrades any websites or feed back would be nice thank you
  • Hi there,

I have a 2007 Cobalt LT and I am looking to put fog lights in it. I saw that you did this yourself, so I am wondering where did you go to get your wiring harness, lights, etc. I will have to get the different bumper inserts too. I got off the phone with my Chevy dealer today and they said that if you put them in you will have to reprogram the computer so that it knows that the vehicle has fog lights, and that they can easily do that. I hope that kind of helped you with your question. I appreciate your help!
  • writerwriter Posts: 116
    I am driving a base Cobalt with a manual 5 speed. Due to the locations of the steering wheel, the pedals and the gear shift, I find that my seating position puts the gear shift too far back. In fact, in the 2nd/4th line, depending on how I am sitting, my upper arm is behind my shoulder. This is causing a lot of stress. On the first day my shoulder was so sore that I had difficulty sleeping.

As far as I know, the most obvious solution is not made by anyone, so this is a piece of advice to anyone (like maybe the Hurst company) who might want to make such an accessory:

I need a shift knob with a forward offset of about 1 inch. If possible I would like a short T-bar knob, wide enough for a two finger grip, but this is not important. The important part is the forward offset.
  • add on two way remote start from gm approx 300$ works great just installed my own
  • I want to lower my 06 cobalt lt about 2 inches but I've heard this could blow my struts. Has anyone done something similar and could give me some advice on it. The help would be much appreciated!!
  • my daughter just bought a 2005 base cobalt w/auto tranny a week after purchase the tranny started slamming into each gear -----what is the deal ===absolutely no prob before and no indication of problem side note engine light came on at same time ! o2 sensor and a few others ---any advice would be apprciated! she has two kids and is helping me out till i can get a better job so she has no money for big repair!
13»