Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• gqstylegqstyle Posts: 6
    I have been quoted the following in Northern NJ:

2007 Lexus ES 350 w/Premium Plus Package w/Navigation, Adaptive HID Headlamps, Power Rear Sunshade, Intuitive Parking Assist, Wood Steering Wheel, Full Size Spare, Rear Side Airbags.

My price $37,500 + TTL (Any thoughts on this price?)

Also, the above comes with 7 spoke wheels and I would really like the 10 spoke wheels which I am being told are only available with the UL package. I don't think this is the case as I have seen ES 350s roll around that do not have the UL package (they have no panoramic roof) and have the 10 spoke wheels, but I wanted to know if anyone else has had to special request these or if they are something the dealer can accomidate with the vehicles in stock.

Thank you.
  • 4barbara4barbara Posts: 46
    My FIRST quote on the same deal....$37,995 + TTL
    So I think with that starting price there is MORE room to go.
    Go....36,995 and see what they say.
    Remember now that we're getting closer to the 08s the price will fall more as inventory stagnats.
    Being ONE year old even before getting off the lot, its already depreciated in value.
    Don't take the price is bottom line BS for the 07s.
    Also the residual value you can push to upwards of 55-60% especially on a 4 year of lower lease.
    Just my opinion. Seeing prices on used ES 300s with over 50k higher than almost new.
    I have a 03 with only 32k and the buyout is 15,850 with only 4 months left. Prices are fetching upwards 21k so I'd rather sell privately.
  • zekeman1zekeman1 Posts: 422
    I really liked them too - you can get them. But you have to buy them after the fact, around $2K (from the dealer I purchased from)...then you have a set of 7 spokes to sit in the garage or sell on Ebay. Or you can go to some outfit in CA and order a set of aftermarket (supposedly OEM) which are chrome, but you have to send them your wheels after you receive them as an exchange - they hold your credit card # if you don't send them the wheels. I've heard pro/con's about this deal -quality is not Lexus quality even though they're allegedly OEM (yeah, via China).

What I did was suck it up, stayed with the 7 spokes and get on with life.
    Z
  • My mother in law needed a new car and I went in with her at a dealership in Redwood City. It took about 2 hours.

Any comments on the deal?

$33234.84 price
    $55 Doc Fee
    $2746.41 Sales Tax of 8.25%
    $28 DMV electronic fee
    $277 Lic
    $8.75 CA tire fee
    -------------------
    $36350 OTD

No Trade In/Cash Deal.

She got:
    Moon Shell Mica/Light grey interior

Premium Package includes:
    - Leather-trimmed interior -Lexus Memory System to control power
    driver's seat (except lumbar) outside mirrors and steering wheel
    - Remote keyless entry-linked memory
    - Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with tilt-down in reverse

Additional Options:
    - Heated and ventilated front seats
    - 6-Disc In-Dash CD Auto Changer
    - Full-size spare tire with 17-in alloy wheel
    - Rear seat side airbags
    - Wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob
    - Trunk mat
    - Cargo net
    - Wheel locks
    Not the Plus package?
    You didn't pay for the additional options...?

Then it seems a fair price but that's just me.
    I would rather have the upgraded packages for the
    same price
    One other thing....name of rep and
    phone number please.
    I'm still looking...have a few months to go but it's better
    to start the hunt now. Plenty of 07 inventory out there.
  • If you live in New Jersey or close by and are looking to get an ES350 or a Lexus in general, I know from experience that there is only one dealer that will beat any NJ dealer's price quote on the car.

They were offering me the Lexus ES350 Ultra Luxury with an MSRP of $44xxx for $39xxx, which is basically invoice and had I got an even lower quote they would have beat/matched the price in addition. I ended up buying an Acura (would do things different given the second chance) but this dealer is certainly thee one to see for Lexus buyers in New Jersey...he'll beat any price quote you get from another Lexus dealer in the state :shades:
  • and the name of this dealer would be?
  • No Nav
    all the options listed were included for the OTD price.

Purchased at Putnam Lexus.
    Can you post the phone # and rep
    please

thanks
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,161
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

how about emailing me with the info?
    Is that ok?

markg47@sbcglobal.net
  • sodaguysodaguy Posts: 72
    I've been told the end of September due to the recent quake in Japan.
  • sodaguysodaguy Posts: 72
    I'd say about $1300. I'm already getting a very fair price on a 2008 ES350 considering this time of year.

But also keep in mind that the Premium Pkg with additional options combination on a 2007 will include Bluetooth Audio. It will not on a 2008.

Still, you must consider the difference in resale value between a 2007 and 2008 several years down the road.
  • Thanks sodaguy. I would have guessed about twice that. Are you in the business or have you negotiated both a 2007 and 2008?

Thanks,
    Scott
  • bing1bing1 Posts: 2
    Can you drop me an email too?
    zhqiu1@yahoo.com
  • Where did you get it from. Please let me know the contact info.

tmahmoodil@gmail.com
    Thanks everyone for commenting. I was able to get them down to $36,500 and will likely pull the trigger on Thursday.
  • mac1lsr1mac1lsr1 Posts: 20
    Hi everyone, I've been following the posts for a while, since deciding to purchase a 2007 ES 350 with Premium Plus Package. I sent out e-mail requests to 3 dealers - two in
    Southeastern PA and one in South Jersey. Two have replied with quotes of $41,1 and $39,3 on an MSRP of $41,6. These quotes are so high they are worthless to me. I guess I'll have to do battle with the salespeople to get a price closer to $37 or 37,5. It figures that the one dealer that didn't respond to my e-mail is the one that I bought my 2005 LS430 from.

To gqstyle: You got a fantastic price. Wish I got something close to that. I'd buy in an instant if I did.
    Here's my email
    Please provide the dealer/rep
    and number

Thanks a bunch

markg47@sbcglobal.net
  • jano2jano2 Posts: 141
    Has anyone else encountered this problem? We paid extra for side moldings, but the salesman says there is a problem with the color so I am taking an IOU until we can get the moldings installed. We are paying an extra $350 for them. The salesman originally told me that the $199 Edmunds said they are worth does not include labor for putting them on. I googled Lexus body moldings and saw they will be available in Sept for $199 - no mention of labor to install them though. I think I will have them take the $350 off the contract and just wait till September and drive to a dealership closer to my house. Any opinions from anyone? Thanks
    please e-mail me also. Thank you. gqstyle@comcast.net
    Like anything the laborers working at the dealership are used in ANY form so they can exact a price to charge.
    So if they (laborers) have nothing to do they still get paid the same salary. I bet that the moldings are a snap together puzzle that is easily installed.
    You'll never know how they do it or how long it takes because you are seeing the work preformed. But I can bet you that they'll tell you it takes 3-4 hours....is that including lunch break? ahah
    The workers will never work on ONE job at a time but several. In this way they could be doing many things and the dealership charging OUTRAGEOUS fees. Did it really take that long...I truly believe its much less than you think. You can't argue with the dealership. Get it done 3rd party, you'll save $100 easy.
    the salesman to ask.
    HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT TO SPEND!

This is your DEATH wish. The dealer will charge you just slightly higher than what you want. So when you hem and haw the deal making is now in THEIR court...not yours. They make you come to them with this ploy.
    NEVER...EVER get to the price point of what you want to spendl. They won already.
    Don't tell them how you're gonna pay UNTIL you finalize the bottomline PRICE they are willing to sell.
    But to do that you must RESEARCH till you drop. Never commit to them as to WHEN you're ready to buy. They ask that all the time. When you don't get the deal you want...get up and leave, NO SECOND GUESSING!!! And NEVER respond to the question...."What's it gonna take to say yes"
    This is another way to get you to argue with them. They want that dearly.
    Always say that I'm shopping around and won't make a decision until I believe that I'm at the lowest price that exsists in the market.
    Even tell them you're willing to pay cash. That'll keep them in YOUR PARK. Won't make a difference if its not! They'll sell it deal to the bank anyway.
    The O7s are already on the losing end in a give back even before you leave the lot....its depreciated just sitting on the lot. The 08s are where THEY want to be and not sit on inventory. There's plenty of 07s around....SHOP TILL YOU DROP!
    You'll save thousands.
    Ask about their money factor once you are ready.
    Ask WHEN the car was build...date.
    Ask their RESIDUAL %....this is of the UTMOST importance in pricing it out for the montly payment.
    Lexus have EXCELLENT resale value and should garner 55 to 60 percent. They higher the number the lower the montly.
    But that ALL depends on the PRICE!
    Don't EVER take the line it doesn't matter what the price is...IT CERTAINLY DOES MATTER!!!
    Why! Because the percentage and montly is used against that figure. They lower the lease term the HIGHER the residual percentage...hence the lower the montly.
    Remember...NEVER...EVER tell them or answer them "How much do you want to spend"...
    CHANGE THE SUBJECT and control the deal by working solely on the FINAL PRICE!!
    At some point all the dealerships you've been talking to will be close. When that happens GET THE EXTRA OPTIONS for Free to seal the deal with whomever is willing to give.
    Thanks for the great tips, 4barbara. I already have been doing most of what you say, but you have inspired me to do a much better job of negotiating for the price that I want to pay. I DO plan to buy a new 2007, but the lowest existing market price (I like your term) probably won't hit its lowest point until the 08's are hitting the lots (maybe end of September). I'll be scouting the new car lots to keep track of inventory, so I can use that for my negotiations. I'll let everyone know how well I do (And now I'll have this in the back of my mind while I'm sitting down with the saleperson!)
    I can't believe I missed the H in monthly 3 times...
    I was typing kind of fast but still
    english or typing 101 again
    Working on a deal right now with Glendale, Ca
    for ES 350 with PP+ no nav.
    First price out of the gate!

$37k

More to come
    My mistake....that was MSRP

w/o Nav.....$33,500
    with Nav....$ $37,000

And like I said just before.
    It was the first price given..so there's MORE ROOM!
    4barbara,

Man, you sure get the deals! That's just what I want, Prem. Pkg./Nav.
    Moderators, why doesn't the invoice price appear for the base price of the car? I really need to know the invoice price of the car with options before I can make a deal. Thanks.