Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• vas2vas2 Posts: 5
    Got a good deal in Northern California on 30th..ES350 with Premium Plus, Nav, HID, Rear sunshade, airbags, wood..37100 +TTL...fantastic dealership with very friendly sales folks...would definitely recommend them.
  • xeeebraxeeebra Posts: 5
    This is good deal. Would you mind mentioning which dealership you bought this car from? I am also shopping in Northern CA.
    What was the exterior and interior colors you have in your vehicle?

I want the same options but I couldn't find blue onyx exterior with cashmere leather.

I would like to know what dealership you worked with.

Thanks
  • when you say 37,100 +TTL. what was your total walk out price for the car. did you lease or buy. also what was the breakdown of the car with options.
  • luckyturkluckyturk Posts: 3
    Thanks, I think I got a good deal. About 5% above invoice. Car came with Blue tooth, Wood steering wheel and rear side air bags and the Premium package. Love the car!
  • vas2vas2 Posts: 5
    40520 was the OTD price. Paid cash down for the car. if I worked using the edmunds options at invoice price this would work to $347 above invoice. Hope this helps.
  • jfrick76jfrick76 Posts: 5
    I picked up my ES 350 (White/Beige) on Friday night for $35,000 (MSRP $38,269)+ TTL with the following options:

Premium Package (PM)
    Heated and Ventilated Seats (HH)
    Blue Tooth (DC)
    HID Headlamps (HL)
    Wood and Leather Steering Wheel (WU)
    Preferred Accessory Package (Z1)
    Intuitive Park Assist (PA)
    Rear Side Impact Airbag (BE)
    All Weather Floor Mats (WF)

I think I got a pretty good month end deal. I bought the car from Lexus of Towson. Thanks to everyone who posts. This forum is very helpful.
  • vluuvluu Posts: 100
    Did you shop at any other local dealers in Md? That's a great deal! Maybe one of the best in the DC/VA/MD area so far. Towson is about 1.5 from where I live, but if I could get a similiar deal like that ... might be worth the drive. Still debating over UL and Premium Plus w/ NAV. Did they have much selection? Any info would be helpful... thanks
    I started with the an internet inquiry to Towson whereby they immediately offered 1,200 off msrp. Then I went in and test drove the ES on the last Saturday of June. After the test drive they offered me the car I was looking for for 2,400 off MSRP, but they would have to get it from another dealer. On Monday, I e-mailed eight other dealers in MD, VA, PA and DE and nobody could touch the offer Towson made to me on Saturday. I returned to the dealership on the 29th (end of month :) ) and they said they had the car I wanted with a couple options that I didn't require(park assist and rear side air bags) coming in on the 30th and would give it to me for same price. I also negotiated the free all weather mats and for them to sell me XM radio at their cost without any markup when the module is in stock in a few weeks. By the way I also paid cash (no financing) so that may have helped. My recommendations for buying the ES are as follows:
    1) Know exactly what you want (i.e. options and colors).
    2) Wait until 5-7 days before the end of the month.
    3) E-mail a dealer through Lexus.com and inquire about scheduling a test drive. This will show the dealer you are not comitted to buy but that you are a serious potential buyer.
    4) Test drive the vehicle and then begin talking numbers, but stick to your budget.
    5) Let the dealer know you are serious about buying the ES, but that you are willing to go to other Lexus dealers or another manufacturer if you don't get the deal you need.
    6) Don't be afraid to walk away and wait for them to call or go back on the last day of the month when they are eager to do anything to meet their monthly sales quota.
  • Following up on another person who asked same question. Would you mind sharing which dealership?
    I started with the an internet inquiry to Towson whereby they immediately offered 1,200 off msrp. Then I went in and test drove the ES on the last Saturday of June. After the test drive they offered me the car I was looking for for 2,400 off MSRP, but they would have to get it from another dealer. On Monday, I e-mailed eight other dealers in MD, VA, PA and DE and nobody could touch the offer Towson made to me on Saturday. I returned to the dealership on the 29th (end of month ) and they said they had the car I wanted with a couple options that I didn't require(park assist and rear side air bags) coming in on the 30th and would give it to me for same price. I also negotiated the free all weather mats and for them to sell me XM radio at their cost without any markup when the module is in stock in a few weeks. By the way I also paid cash (no financing) so that may have helped. My recommendations for buying the ES are as follows:

Thanks for the advice. Like I said.... Towson is about 1.5 hours from where I live, but at approx 3K off... it would be worth the drive. Around where I live (Va), dealers are doing $1200-1500, but these are quotes over the internet/ email. I think when you are actually in "person", they want to close the deal so that's when you can actually get the deal you are looking for. I'm still months away from buying the car... but just trying to prepare "financially" for the cost. I'm planning to pay cash as well, so hopefully that works as an advantage.

I'm interested in Prem. Plus w/ Nav or UL. Did they have much in stock there. There website does not provide inventory. Do you think you got a better deal b/c you didn't get the NAV? I have heard dealers are willing to deal more on cars w/o NAV... since NAV are in higher demand.

Anyhow.... thanks a lot for the information. It's more encouraging to heard people get the deals they are after.
  • doctasdoctas Posts: 7
    I got an internet price for a MSRP 36,174 (premium pkg, bluetooth, leather/wood steering wheel, and rear side airbags) for 33,200. I went into the dealership and they said they were unwilling to go any lower on this price. I called another dealer and they said they may be able to do 32,900 plus tinted windows.

I don't know if I wait till the end of the month if I can push the price any further. From what I've been reading, this is a good price, but I'm in no hurry to get the car and if I can get a lower price that would be great.

The other problem is I like the blue onyx pearl and apparently it takes about a month to get this car.

Any advice? and does anybody have this color?

Thanks
    No, they did not have much in stock. They may have had one or two in stock, but there were a lot of people looking at them. I don't necessarily think I got a better deal because there was no nav. I think the biggest two reasons I paid what I paid was because it was the end of the month and they had the car I wanted coming in the next day and it was not sold yet.
  • forthillforthill Posts: 31
    I pick up (in NY) my ES w/blue onyx pearl and tan cashmere leather interior next week. I also had the car configured with premium pkg (PM), bluetooth (DC), heated/vent seats (HH), adaptive front lights (HL), wood/leather steering wheel (WU), and pref accessory pkg (Z1). The msrp was 37,424 and sell was 35,700. The blue onyx pearl was the only ES left at the dealer and I really had no color preference.

You got a very good price it seems.
    By the way, I love the color.

forthill
    No, they did not have much in stock. They may have had one or two in stock, but there were a lot of people looking at them. I don't necessarily think I got a better deal because there was no nav. I think the biggest two reasons I paid what I paid was because it was the end of the month and they had the car I wanted coming in the next day and it was not sold yet.

I guess even if stock is limited.... it's all timing and if they have the car to sell. Thanks for the advise. When I do take the plunge.... I will share my info.
  • mongermonger Posts: 3
    I called Mission Viejo after reading the 2 postings on Edmunds. Let me tell you about my experience:
    1) I left many messages with their Internet Sales People and never got a call back
    2) Once I did get in contact with them they were rude when I told them about another offer that I got from another dealer. They wanted me to send in the offer to them because they thought I was lying.
    3) They do quote lower prices as mentioned butthey don't really have much inventory.

So I called another dealer in the OC and here was my experience:
    1) They were very helpful and kind and willing to work with me. The salesman was honest and nice.
    2) They gave me a good quoted price for a premium package car.
    3) They delivered the car to my house (which was 50 miles away). They sat with me at my house to go over every little question that I asked.

I would definitely go to Tustin in a heart beat after this positive experience. They have much more inventory and much more affiliated dealers. I would expect the treatment that I got from Mission Viejo if I was buying a Pinto.
  • jcinsfjcinsf Posts: 1
    To add to monger's post and to be helpful in light of this board's mission:

We (monger is my bro-in-law) paid $33,414 (OTD was $36,5xx) at Tustin in Southern California for premium package (MSRP $37,064) for m mom's car. I heard the salesperson was great, drove the car and delivered directly to her house and made the sale really easy.

I also recommend Glendale's Internet Department that was really friendly and helpful, but in this case could not beat the Tustin price. Glendale offered the car for $33,850. Because of the delivery, my mom went with the cheaper deal.

I don't know if this was the best deal out there, but it was the best we could do at this time.
  • 350350 Posts: 7
    Which dealers offered those prices?
  • rgriffrgriff Posts: 2
    I bought my wife an ES350 in May, one of the first in San Antonio Tx. There is only one dealer here and negotiations are "take it or leave it". I did manage to get $1000 off MSRP due to trying to special order an ES330 since October 05, but that's another long sales (nightmare) story.
  • bobbo55bobbo55 Posts: 25
    I too am looking for 2007 ES 350. I live in northwest Indiana. Today I received 2 answers on the cost of a new 2007 Es 350. I got price Quotes on the internet from 2 Lexus dealerships.Both were exactly the same $1500 under MSRP. Which isn't too bad at the begining. In the Chicagoland area there are approx. 10 Lexus dealers.I am hoping to get $2500 off so I have to do better.I have a 2005 Honda Ex V6 accord with low miles. Which I hope to sell to carmax. They will always give you a better deal than the dealerships.My Honda is wonderful but, I fell in Love with the 2007 ES 350 Lexus.Actually the accord isn't too bad compared to the Lexus.If the Lexus is a 10 the accord is an 8.75 or so.The Lexus is still much prettier. The accord is plain.Anyway I am in no hurry to get this Lexus.But, I will have it by late september.Shopping for the best deal is a lot of fun.Well, anyway if there is anyone in the Chicagoland area who got a good deal let us all know.Thank you, Bobbo55
  • I'm in the SF Bay Area. Have looked at several dealerships and can get 5% over invoice with no problem for either the Premium or Premium Plus package (the two that I'm considering).
    Has anyone come across a deal better than that? Thanks.
    elwoodmoraga