Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• What dealer - and what part of CA?
  • Westminster
  • $40,100 with nav?
    Are there any other options?

I think you can do better.

See my earlier posts (#2154 & #2164) where I paid $39,200 OTD.

HID headlights = high intensity discharge - http://www.lexus.com/models/ES/features/exterior/hid_headlamps.html
  • Yes with NAV. Other extras:
    It also has Intuitive Parking Assist ................... 500.00
    Wood & Leather Steering Wheel & Shift Knob . 330.00
    Cargo Net .................................. 64.00
    Trunk Mat .................................. 73.00
    Wheel Locks ................................ 73.00
    Heated and Ventilated Front Seats .......... 640.00
    Power Rear Sunshade ........................ 210.00
    Full Size Spare Tire with 17-inch Alloy Wheel 205.00
  • Yep, appears to be the same type of car I got.

Check out my other posts 2154 and 2164.
  • Did you get Mark Levinson audio?
  • what is the ipod interface? Is it just the standard 2.5 plug or something else?
  • no, i did not get the mark levinson audio pkg.
  • Lexus of Massapequa...
  • Dealers I've contacted are not going below 40,100 OTD for ES350 with Nav. I want at least something in the 39,000 They are willing to match prices but they are not offering any better. I have only contacted them via email. What are some ideas? Should I call them? visit the dealer? Let it cool?
  • msj09msj09 Posts: 31
    If you do not NEED to buy a car anytime soon than you have can play a waiting game. The strategy that my wife and I took to buy an RX400h last May was this: We contacted them by email. My wife went in for a test drive and asked again for their best price. She told them that their price was too high. She told them in a polite way that we did not need to buy a car now but if they would like to sell us one then let us know. The dance kept going via email. As the Memorial Day weekend came they emailed again. Back and forth we went but we stuck to our guns. On the last day of the month the guy emailed once again. We answered their offer with $150 below our target price of $41,000 and they took it. (The car has AWD, Nav, Mark Levinson, etc). They had needed a few late sales to make their monthly quota.
  • spt3spt3 Posts: 6
    I just got a price for ES350 2009 with 10,000 miles for 31,000 . The total out the door of 33,100 (tax 6 % and tags) It has the premium package plus bluetooth. Is this a good price? Thanks in advance
  • I am buying es 350 in Boston area. I have now an offer with one dealer for a model with NAV and few other options like Parking Assist , Wood & Leather Steering Wheel & Shift Knob , heated Ventilated Front Seats for OTD price of $38,200. Looks like a good price after seeing all posts recently. Am I right? Any other buying from Boston area got any better offer?
  • If its a 2010, you have a great deal!
  • Thanks msj09. I think it is a good strategy! I will wait them out. I think that the holidays might make them reconsider.
  • msj09msj09 Posts: 31
    Despond----Just remember to have a realistic target price in mind that you are willing to pay but you don't necessarily have to tell the salesperson what that target would be. Interestingly, we did not give the dealer a price for him to meet until that last day. With each of his offers we just said something like, "You'll have to do better. We would really like to buy a car from you." They need to know that you WILL follow thru and buy if the price is right.
  • yes, it is 2010. I now have a better deal for OTD price 37615 (35000 for car price + tax and fees). I am a bit nervous now 'cause I am not even sure why they can do this given all the info I saw here. Maybe I am missing something? Hmm, I want to see at least some other people here got similar deal.
  • in NJ just got a 2010 ES350- Nav, park assist, backup camera, heated seats, etc. Sticker price was $40,840. Got them down to $37,500 plus tax, tags. Good deal or no?
  • I have a 2003 black ES300 with a gold package that was part of the original car when bought from Lexus (it was added by the dealer as an add-on). I really like the gold package - and am getting ready to buy a 2010 ES350 but don't see it as an option. I haven't asked the dealer yet - but was wondering if anyone else on these forums might know if this is still offered?
  • tmkl1tmkl1 Posts: 10
    Which dealership in the Boston area is that? That is a great deal. I know someone who just bought in MA without Nav for 35k even before ttl and doc fee. Please let me know. Thanks.
  • Hi albert72. This is actually the "Prices Paid" ES 350 discussion. There is another discussion for ES 350 Lease Questions. Please post any future questions or comments that you have about leasing an ES there.

Since we're here now, here's the answer to your question. Lexus Financial Services' November / December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 ES 350 with 12,000 miles per year are .00215 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Tier 1+" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '09 model are .00075 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I am about to buy a 2010 ES350 for $34921 plus title/taxes/fees without navi in NY area and would be very interested to find out more information about that Boston deal.

Thanks.
  • bbhatbbhat Posts: 6
    Is it possible to get a link to the New York and Boston Dealers ?
  • watertown lexus it is. herb chamber quote is 35500 (+ tax and fee to 38200) for the model with NAVI.
  • Thanks carganster for sharing this info. Can you also tell us what is the MSRP on this vehicle?
    Thanks.
  • you can go back to my original post to get all the options and price it in edmund. I did it and found MSRP with all the options that menstioned by sales person is about 40k and invoice price about 35900. So they are actually selling the car below invoice. That's why I am a bit nervous given no incentives or marketing support for the current year model. Maybe they are trying to make the sale quote for the end of year or something. But it would be good if someone else can get similar deal.
  • lexhoulexhou Posts: 81
    inv should be about 36500 based on what markups are....but this still is very good deal. inv is about 10-10.5 % from msrp....options are bit more.
    did they offer any interest rate incentive.
    congrats
  • Very good price indeed.
    BTW, I called both Boston dealerships up and was told that the best they could do was a few hundred bellow invoice.

So, well done! Congrats!
  • ok...thanks. Just got a similar deal in NY.
    MSRP $40.8k...paid a few hundred under invoice....not sure why the 2010s are being sold at /just below invoice....not complaining.....very pleased.
    Might be some incentive that is going on now.
  • yes they offer 2.99% for tie 1 credit which I do have