Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• es350mdes350md Posts: 3
    Why you want to get an used one at such high price? I got mine brand new with same packages @ 36800+TTL
  • lsupinoylsupinoy Posts: 5
    What was the msrp price on your car? Im wondering what the lowest price I can negotiate for this for having 800 miles. Any suggestions?
  • sprung75sprung75 Posts: 3
    Thanks everyone for all the great information. It allowed me to feel I got a decent price in Dallas. I got an ES 350 with the premium plus package for drive out of $37,000 (the car was around $34,500). I followed the advice and got several internet quotes and went with the dealer I felt comfortable with. The whole process took about one afternoon.
  • Did you purchase with Nav or without nav? What about the HID lighting and rear and front parking sensors?
  • karter14karter14 Posts: 3
    Has anyone got any feedback on prices they paid in Tennessee or Northern Georpia? Looking to buy within the week. Feedback would be appreciated. Looking for ES 350 w/Premium plus pkg, HID headlamps, wood steering wheel, blue tooth audio, rear seat airbags, power sunshade, full size spare, and preferred accessory pkg.
    We bought the Premium Plus Package which did not include the Nav or HID Lighting. From the Lexus web site.

Premium Plus Package Includes:
    - Leather-trimmed interior
    - Heated and ventilated front seats
    - Driver's seat power cushion extender
    - Lexus Memory System to control power driver's and front passenger's
    seats (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel
    - Electrochromic outside mirrors with tilt-down in reverse
    - Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle

Additional Options:
    - Audio Bluetooth® technology
    - Full-size spare tire with 17-in alloy wheel
    - Rear seat side airbags
    - Wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob
    - Power rear sunshade
  • Not bad! I got a deal going at Sewell Lexus for $37800 +TTL. This include Premium Plus Package (just as you have it described), Nav w/. Lexus Premium Audio, Intuitive Park Assist Sensor System, AFS HID Lighting and Tinted (aftermarket) windows. The only thing remaining is how much he'll give me on my trade in ('03 Honda Odyssey Minivan w/. 34.5k miles). With any measure of success, the deal can be done tonight.
  • Not bad! I got a deal going at Sewell Lexus for $37800 +TTL (Brand New No Mileage). This include Premium Plus Package (just as you have it described), Nav w/. Lexus Premium Audio, Intuitive Park Assist Sensor System, AFS HID Lighting and Tinted (aftermarket) windows. The only thing remaining is how much he'll give me on my trade in ('03 Honda Odyssey Minivan w/. 34.5k miles). With any measure of success, the deal can be done tonight.

And by the way, I've already checked the pricing and found his offer to be exactly equal to the invoice on the car.
  • sunnfunsunnfun Posts: 168
    With the 2009's right around the corner, are people find that they can get this car for invoice? We are looking at the premium plus with Nav trim level. The dealer said they were willing to deal but we did not get into any numbers yet. (DC area)
  • es350mdes350md Posts: 3
    That package has MSRP ~$42025. You can get it under invoice <$37000 (plus TTL of course). Email me if you need my dealer info at Lexus of Rockville
  • Folks,

I will caution you all now to stay the heck away from the Sewell Lexus Dealerships. This includes both the Dallas and Fort Worth locations. It's not so much that they did (or didn't honor) their price quoted for the vehicle (side note: they did this well actually) but the games they played in pricing my trade in vehicle. They were a good $4k to $5k below the KBB for a good to fair condition trade due to some slight damage on the side power sliding door as well as a paint scratch on the front bumper right hand side. Folks, proceed to call this dealership with caution, they will take you for a joyride.

Luckily, my salesperson point of contact in Park Place (whom I highly recommend by the way (Thank you Tony)) will match the Sewell Lexus deal 1 to 1. He's also meeting my trade-in expectations. This is what you call earning the customer's business! Sewell Dallas, when I've contacted their Pre-Owned as well as New Sales Departments, is also a dire waste to deal with.

Once again, the details:

MSRP: 42535
    Price (Pre TT&L): 37800

Package: Premium Plus (Heated/Vented seats with Memory, Power Rear Sunshade, etc)
    Options: AFS HID Front side Lighting, Intuitive Park Assist Sensors, Nav with Lexus (not Mark Levinson) Audio, Rear Side Airbags, iPod Aux input (I believe this is standard)

Color: Either Obsidian Black or Smoky Granite Mica

Fellow Dallas Citizens in the market for an ES 350, Park Place is the way to go undoubtedly!
  • For the package you asked for, I am getting that with tinted windows and park assist for $37800. The prrof is in the pudding, the newer ones can be had for less than the price you've been quoted.
    Sounds like you got a great deal. To be fair to Sewell - I have never had a bad experience with them. I have bought two Lexus from them and both times they have been very professional. I never had to deal with a trade-in so i can not comment on that but the customer service has always been great. I think it boils down to which one is closer and more convenient. . To each his own I guess.
  • Sprung75,

I totally do appreciate your position on the matter here. But on the numerous occasions I've dealt with them either on phone or in person, New Car Sales or Pre-owned, they never fail to give me issues. :sick: Therefore, with all due respect, both you and I are on the opposite sides of the spectrum here I am sorry to say. :(

At any rate and on a better note, the deal I mentioned has finally flown through to fruition. I am taking delivery on a Smoky Granite Mica (Exterior)/Grey (Interior) 2008 Lexus ES 350 with Premium Plus Package, Intuitive Park Assist, iPod Aux input, AFS HID Lighting, Tinted Windows and Nav with Lexus Premium Audio). The numbers for everything stayed the same from the trade in value on the van we are trading to the price he sold us the ES350 for. Overall, it was a great experience at Park Place Lexus Plano and I'd readily recommend them in my full conscious state or in my sleep. Tony Acosta is the guy to deal with there. :shades:

Bottom line: It just seemed that for every negative instance Sewell bought forward, Park Place in those similar instances was THAT MUCH BETTER! I mean what kind of a moron would sit there and take a $4k to $5k below KBB trade in (Condition dependent) hit on their trade? :mad: I wasn't born yesterday you know! :P
  • qkslvrqkslvr Posts: 33
    I'd like to comment that any used car trade-in in this economy will probably take a substantial hit below blue book, unless it is a high MPG performer. I recently tried to trade in a 2001 Porsche Boxster S with only 42,000 miles. Book value was 20-25K, all trade in quotes were in the 16-17K range. I sold it myself to the first individual that looked at it for 22K. Most dealers call wholesalers to determine used car values, and these prices are commonly set based on Mannheim auction values( mannheim value on my trade was $17K).

I'm glad Park Place worked with you and got you what you wanted for your trade, they definitely went out of their way to earn your business.

We picked up our 2008 es350 with the ultra luxury pkg, ML audio Nav, and park assist yesterday from Northside Lexus in Houston. I will say it is the most quiet car I've driven in awhile, and we are extremely pleased with our purchase.
    I would be interested in that info. Can you send to me? Thanks!
  • If you want a great deal in L.A. that is no pressure, talk to Larry Ellis at Vista Lexus in Woodland Hills. I had contacted him by email and told him I wanted 1000 below invoice... and the true invoice, which I got from Consumer Reports for 14 dollars... not their invoice. He said come in, and I did. And that's exactly the deal I got. I added chrome wheels for less than what they normally sell them for, but a few hundred more than if I had gone hunting for an after market deal... I just didn't want the hassle. I went in at lunch, made the deal, and came back later that afternoon and drove off. I cannot recommend Larry more highly. No high pressure tactics at any point in the process. And I love my car!
  • kingbollakingbolla Posts: 3
    I will be making a purchase in Houston very soon. What kind of deal were you able to get at Northside for your ES350? According to other post, it seems as though Houston dealerships don't care to negotiate much. Any info would be appreciated.....
  • jano2jano2 Posts: 141
    I live in College Station and tried to deal with the Houston dealerships last year in August. They would not budge. I bought from North Park in Plano. I dealt with the internet sales manager and felt like I got a good deal although I never spoke or heard from him after the sale...I did hear from other people at the dealership and the Lexus people, but not from him. I drove to Northside Lexus in Houston for the 5000 mile checkup since it is free, but now stay in CS and have my car serviced at the local Toyota dealership since we don't have a Lexus dealer. If you buy from an out of town dealership I bet you can make a deal with them to deliver to you, or meet you somewhere halfway to take delivery. It would be worth the 2 or 3 thousand you can save. This is just my 2 cents for what it is worth. I paid $37,000 for ES350 with navigation, leather seats, back up camera, HID lights, full size spare. May I add that I have never had a navigation system and I am not too crazy about this one, but it is the screen for all your controls like: a/c, radio, cd, etc. I would have to see what one looked like without it and that would be my deciding factor if I would buy again with navi.
    Bought 2008 ES 350 with Premium Plus and Nav last night for $36600 plus TTL. Probably could have done a few $$ better but it seemed like a good deal.