Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Hi OceanblueLA, May I ask what you ended up paying (otd) and with what options? Did the dealer ask to see your invoice printout? And did any other dealers in LA try to match?
    Thanks so much for your help in advance!!
  • txsptxsp Posts: 3
    Did you pay this for the car with 900 miles on it, or was this for a brand new car?
    That looks like a very good deal. Did it have any other options?

I am looking at getting the following options. please let me know if you had these or any other options. Could you also share the MSRP?

Premium Plus Package
    Voice activated DVD Navigation
    High-Intensity Discharge Headlamps (HID)
    Intuitive Parking Assist
    Full-size spare tire with 17-in alloy wheel
    Rear seat side airbags
    Wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob
    Power rear sunshade
    Is the 37,935 OTD? Could you share which dealership this was and what options you had on top of the premium plus package? Thanks.
  • jano2jano2 Posts: 141
    sunsonshaan,

I dealt with Tony last year when I bought my car and felt I got a good deal. He was very straightforward, emailed and called when he said he would. I was pleased with the deal.

jano2
  • sunnfunsunnfun Posts: 168
    It has everything you mentioned except the power rear sunshade. In addition to those items, (I can't remember what is in the Premium Plus and Nav package) we also got the all weather mats, the Inituitive Park assist, and the preferred accessory package. We did not get the Mark L stereo upgrade, just the Nav. End of month and the 2009's are coming, plus sales were slow in July so they were willing to deal. It's white with Tan Leather. I don't remember the exact MSRP but it was over $42k. What really helped us was the information someone posted earlier about using Consumer Reports. We had the invoice price on all of the options and that is what we got, plus they subtracted the holdback and reserve. I figure we got the car for roughly $1000 under invoice, plus the TTL.
    sunnfun,

Where did you purchase your car?
    Rockville Lexus
  • Hello Sir,

I am trying to buy Lexus ES350. Could you tell me who did you talk to during your purchase. So, I can show your price out the door (OTD) and get mine at about the same price.

thank you

Hersh
    qkslvr,

I hope you enjoy your new car. I had to drive my Explorer not too long ago and it was like driving an 18 wheeler compared to my Lexus. If you don't mind saying what kind of deal did you get on your Lexus?
  • Tony was really cool with me throughout. Yeah, we had our back and forth interactions (Plenty of them, LOL) over a 6 week period starting from mid June and culminiating on a deal on July 29th. I'd recommend him in a hearbeat without thinking much on it. :shades:
  • I do appreciate your position but at the same time, if they (the car dealers) will try to schiest you like this without discounting their vehicle for sale enough to compensate, then that's where I'd have to say, "Who were you kidding?" The game in this scenario becomes completely one sided (i.e., the Salesmen at the Dealer make their money on both the sides). I'd like to think I'm way more intelligent than to fall for stupidity of this nature.

Citing examples for what was said above, from all the dealerships that I've showed my vehicles to (1 Honda (Bankston), 2 Nissan (Avery Johnson North Texas Nissan and Bankston Nissan Dallas), 3 Lexus (Sewell Dallas and Fort Worth as well as Park Place Plano), a Used Car (European Motors) and CarMax (Plano and Irving), only Sewell (both locations), AJ North Texas Nissan and the European Motors Used Car dealership were trying to schiest me on the Trade-in Value. The remainder dealerships were in a respectable range (i.e., within a few hundred of what I sought for the Trade in Value) BUT two factors played in to my decision here:

1. My wife wanted a Lexus; AND
    2. Coincidentally, Park Place Lexus DID work their tails to get my business.

One and one eventually came together when the right car got here but otherwise, the numbers were in place and the only dealy was inventory related.

Bottom line....and my point to all of the above: While your theory on the current economic environment playing its impact role on my prospects applies, it only has a PARTIAL TRUTH VALUE. All that stuff is a thing of the mind. If you can sell your car and make the presentation well enough while simultaneously knowing who to weed out, you'll get your target with due time and patience. This is the one tremedously stressful thing that is a part of the car purchasing experience.
  • Sunnfun,

Congrats on the car purchase! How do you like the drive? Is it powerful enough for ya? :P

One thing you said totally surprises me, especially considering the MSRP on your vehicle purchase. My car had an MSRP of $42535 but I ended up at $37800-Trade in +TT&L, which amounted to about $26,600 (after you figure in the trade in). Getting to the point, how is it that you have the Premium Plus Package and Nav but no Power Rear Sunshade? :shades: I was under the impression that this was part of the Premium Plus Package. If you got the Navigation with the car, then chances are high that you have the Voice Activated Navigation package with Additional Options (Especially if you bought an 08 recently). This has the Power Rear Sunshade and Rain Sensing wipers as part of the package to accompany the Nav, Park Assist Sensors and HID AFS Lights on the Front.

Perhaps if you bought an 08 very recently and did not get this as part of the package, then their must be a regional code thing going on somewhere (e.g. - No heated Seats on cars sold in Florida).
    This is my wifes car, so as soon as she let's me drive it, I'll write a review :) I can say that it does ride much quiter than my 08 accord.
    In response to your question on the accessories, this is what I remember (don't have the paperwork in front of me). We got the premium Plus Package and what comes standard with it. Also the rain sensing wipers, Park assist sensors, the HIDs, heated and cooled seats, full size spare, The Voice activated Nav (without the Mark L stereo upgrade) and everything that comes with it, leather and wood trimmed steering wheel, Rear side airbags, preferred accessory package, all weather floor mats, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something else. I was not in the car when the salesman and my wife went through the whole set-up/how everything works. I don't remember seeing the rear shade and we did talk about getting it installed a day or two later but decided against having someone tear the car apart to add one item. I am curious though and will check when I get home. It would not suprise me that there is a feature on the car that she does not know about. We bought it on 7/31.
    I have to admit that for the last 17 years, I have bought nothing but Honda/Acura. The "package" deals that Lexus uses can be somewhat confusing the first time. Just because it has something on the website does not mean that it comes in/on your car. Just as you said, there are regional items that are added/removed which made it confusing for us. I guess you could order exactly what you want, but with 2009's almost here, you might not have that option. We ended up at $36600 +TTL so we were OTD right around $38K.
  • sunnfun,

Welcome to the club! Both our wives have the better wheels while we both drive something in the pack.

What color did you all get by the way? Here, we go Smoky Granite Mica with the Grey Interior (and the very same package that you all did as well, WORD FOR WORD). Here is a way to identify whether you have the sunshade or not. On the driver's side of the vehicle between the sterring wheel and the driver's side door, located just below the side air vent are 4 buttons.

1 is for the fuel filler door;
    1 for the trunk to open;
    1 for the Park Assist system;
    1 is for Power Rear Sunshade.

If you see these four buttons in the exact location I've identified, it is confirmed that you have it and the dealer will not need to aftermarket install one. Please take a look and be sure and let me know what you find out.
  • I forgot to comment on the car I drive. I know you said you had a 2008 Honda Accord. By the way, which trim and 4 cylinder or V6?

I have a 2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited V6. This is a great car in itself. Make no mistake, it's no Lexus by any stretch but in its own, it's been an all around great car. Great Fuel economy for a V6 if I may say so.
    Just checked and only 3 buttons - Park Assist, Fuel and Trunk button. Top right one is missing. I wonder if any of the others on the lot are like that? We have to go back to the dealer tomorrow for one thing so I may take a stroll around and look while we are there.

My car is an 08 EXL 4Dr V6. I have posted my experience on the Honda board so no need to re-hash it here but it has not been good. My wife loves the ES 350 but it's not for me. The roof is to low. I do like the GS models though. If the sales person would "deal" a little more, I would consider pulling the trigger on one of those and trade mine off.
  • qkslvrqkslvr Posts: 33
    Jano2,
    I paid 41450 (45225 MSRP) for the ultra luxury with ML and navigation. In addition they let me use a sales tax credit on my lease, saving me an additional $2600. I think with some more negotiations, I could have gotten the money factor down more, but I felt the sales tax credit more than offset the higher money factor. I worked the prices through 5 different dealers across the state over several weeks, and Northside gave me the best final deal.
  • bchoibchoi Posts: 2
    Hi, Hersh

I believe it is against form policy to post the salesperson name... I purchased the vehicle from Lexus of Stevens Creek. I shopped around all dealerships: Oakland, Fremont, Pleasanton, Putnam, etc.

All dealerships immediately quote under $1000 under their invoice price (note that the dealer accessories like the cargo mat, etc. are not listed at edmunds ... I believe the dealers leave a couple hundred dollar room this way). From there, you gotta negotiate.

My final price was $1500 under dealer's quoted invoice.

good luck,
    BJ
  • I just bought a new 2008 Lexus ES350 from Lexus of Serramonte in Bay Area, California. It had Navigation, Premium Plus, Power Rear Sunshade, HID Headlamps, and Preferred Accessory Package. MSRP was $41,735. We payed $35,854, and got it for $39,000 out the door (OTD).

I just want to know, did i get a good deal??

About the buying experience, it was pretty standard and quick as far as car buying goes, mostly because I negotiated 39K OTD on the phone. My suggestion is to find exactly the car you want, phone around to see what dealers have it, and start negotiating about $2000 under invoice, and see what they can do from there.