Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• It's always helpful to give the location of your purchase. Thanks.
  • Thanks for the info . You got a

Thanks for the info - you got a GREAT deal! Was it in the NY area??

GREATgreat deal. Is it in the NY area???
  • bic64bic64 Posts: 12
    It was in New Jersey.
  • johngf1johngf1 Posts: 37
    Thank you - I'll use this when buy ing April when I get back from Florida. Good luck with your new car.
  • exaudiexaudi Posts: 4
    Which dealer and what options did you get? am in the market for one. Have to pull a plug soon.. Debating between Acura TL or Lexus ES... Thanks.
    I'd rather not give dealerships name here, but a couple of them were willing to sell at approximately the same price. The options were as follows: Luxury Pkg, Display Audio, Wood Heated Steering Wheel, Rain sensing wipers with deicer, Blind Spot Monitor w/Rear Cross Traffic Alert, HID Headlamps, Power Rear Sunshade, Intuitive Parking Assist, Trunk Mat, Cargo Net & Wheel Locks. Don't know about the Acura TL, but we are very pleased with the Lexus ES 300h. Good luck!
  • There is no comparison. The Acura TL does not have the refinement an ES has. The ES is smoother, quieter in road, engine, wind noise. Hands down I would go for the ES.
    Thank you BIC and bluefranky. Am leaning towards es 300h as tl is due for a major redesign. Since this will be my first hybrid am wondering if extra warranty is worth the price? Any comments.
    We did not get any extra warranties. Note that you will still be able to purchase the extended warranty later on, just before the manufacturer's warranty runs out.
  • jrod13jrod13 Posts: 18
    Bic64:

I am in Nj can you let me know which dealerships were willing to play ball at that price. Been tough with getting more than 2k off msrp thanks.
  • I think the 13 ES is a better car than the 13 TL, though the prices probably are different.

A sufficiently loaded ES (for me) is $42,500-ish + TTL.

A sufficiently loaded TL (Tech) is more like $35,500-ish +TTL.

Personally, I have a high opinion of both Lexus and Acura in terms of reliability. I may abstain until I get a look at the 14 TLX, which should debut in New York later this month.
    edited January 2013
    I'd rather not give dealerships name here. A couple of them were willing to sell at approximately the same price, but also said that they would normally not sell at such a low price (apparently, sales had been very slow that day and so they were desperate for my business). There were other dealerships which would not go below $1200 off MSRP. Good luck!
    bic64

can you tell me what county in nj...would be happy to let them know you referred me.

Thanks much.
    Thanks busuncle.

Looked at TL, felt it was a bit dated. Even though we can save few $'s, ES is my choice now.

Sent few emails to dealers and am waiting for their reply now.

Thanks again.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,621
    Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post last names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

If you have information that meets the above criteria, then share it here for all members...

Thanks!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Two dealerships were willing to sell at about the same price. One was in Middlesex County and the other was in Somerset County.
    Thank you Bic64. Closed on the es300h today at Bridgewater Lexus. Great dealership.
    Purchased the es300h with ultra luxury package/Mark Levinsen audio nav/blind spot/heated steering wheel/deicing wipers/accessories package with MSRP - $48,763....paid $44,671 was also able to get edge guards and the remote starter thrown in.
  • Yes ES is smoother and less road noise.
    However Acura handles better.
    My 2008 MDX (a SUV) handles better and has better "planted" feeling then my ES (a car)
    My ES has less road noise and more refined.

Have you looked at the crash rating of TL and ES.
    TL and Volvo were the only ones that good rating.
    2012 ES was rated poor.

http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/2012/08/14/many-cars-fail-in-new-tougher-iihs-- crash-test/.

New 2013 camry has failed miserably.
    New Avalon and ES has not been tested.
    jrod13: I am glad it worked out well for you. Enjoy the car! We are very pleased with ours.
  • I don't have a dog in this fight, but to say the 2013 Camry "failed miserably" is an inaccurate statement.

It's rated a TOP SAFETY PICK by the IIHS. Period.

http://www.iihs.org/ratings/ratingsbyseries.aspx?id=291

Did it perform poorly in the small overlap test? Yes. Everything else? It was solid.
  • +1....i dont have a dog in this either.
    But compare the ratings of TL with ES in the link you provided.
    All good Vs. all but one POOR

In an accident all you need is one small edge that can help you walk away...however infinitisiminally small.

Look at the test video on you tube and you will see what i mean by miserably.

For the records I have 2011 ES that was bought before small overlap test was done. If i knew the results i would not have bought the ES...now i know the results i am not going to get rid of ES and get a TL or volvo.
  • Hi, I have negotiated to pay $42866 Out the door for a Lexus ES 350 2013 year car. MSRP is $44,597, Invoice price is $42,019. Is this a good price or am i paying more. This is in Tampa city Florida State. The car has the options Blind Spot Monitor with rear cross traffic alert, 18" wheels with liquid graphite quoting, HID Headlamps, Power Rear Sunshade, Luxury Package, Hard Disk Drive Navigation with Backup Camera, Intitue parking assist, Rain Sensing Wipers with Deicer, Wood & Leather trimmed [non-permissible content removed] knob & steering wheel, Trunk Mat, Cargo Net, Whl Locks, Rear Bumper App, Body Side Moldings. Your feedback is appreciated.
    The "out the door" price can vary significantly from state to state (due to different taxes, etc), but I was able to get 9.4% off the MSRP in NJ for a 2013 ES 300h. If the discount you have negotiated is in the same ball park, that should be fine.
  • Any advice about a dealer in Midwest willing to give larger discounts. Local dealer acts like they are giving away the store to take $1,500 off. Seems not enough to motivate me to buy. Any advice for the Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska or Oklahoma area would be welcome.
  • Can someone tell me where I can find cheap used part for above? i actually only need the mirror section, the rest assembly is working, but mirror broken

Thanks in advance
  • toby51toby51 Posts: 4
    I want to lease ES 350 Luxury package with blind spot monitor. I will pay taxes up front and want a 36 month lease with 10,000 miles/yr...
    How low can I get that? I know I can get $445 but I want much lower...Do you think I can get $415?
    I have a Lexus now whose lease is expiring
  • ged3584ged3584 Posts: 27
    I am in the similar situation.
    Does your es350 with luxury pkg have nav?

I am getting quotes of $5k off MSRP in CA. It was for purchasing.
    Leasing is in another thread.
  • gcguygcguy Posts: 2
    ged3584,

Which dealer in CA? I want to get same deal here in North CA.

Thanks