Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi espo1. The last time that I looked into making multiple security deposits on a Lexus lease, Lexus Financial Services provided a .00010 money factor reduction for every additional deposit made, up to a max of nine extra deposits. This program is not available in some states, like New York.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Welcome cllemons. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In your post you asked about making a down payment when leasing. I always advise consumers against making them. The main reason that I do so is if your leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered, you run the risk of losing part or all of your down payment. You can and should lease any vehicle that you are interested in without making any sort of capitalized cost reduction.

I don't think that the length of your lease will make any difference in your negotiations, but keep in mind that generally speaking the shorter a lease is the higher its monthly payment will be. You will have to pay more per month to lease an ES 350 right now for 24 months than you would have to pay to lease it for 36 months.

The only way that you can take advantage of the special lease program that Lexus is running on this car right now is to use a dealer to lease one through Lexus Financial Services.

Car_man
    Host
  • tocapallatocapalla Posts: 16
    Sorry to keep asking so many qustions, but this forum is the only place I seem to get any straight answers. It seems every Lexus dealer I talk with gives me a different answer or scenerio. So, does the current sales event only have incentives or help those with Tier 1 credit? Does their sale provide any lower rates or incentives in any way to anyone else? THANKS for all the help.
  • espo1espo1 Posts: 27
    Hi Car_man
    How long ago did you get that info? The amount of .0008 was given to me about a month ago. Does it change according to where you live or are the rates across the board? If you don't trust what a sales man says about the LFS rates where can you check to make sure what is being said is the truth? :confuse:
    Hi mmarketos. The car that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $4,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That puts the selling price that you were quoted for this car at around $1,000 over invoice, which is pretty good. You can stop by the following discussion for additional feedback on the price that you are being given: "Lexus ES 350: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Having said that this car's selling price is pretty good, the money factor that you were quoted for it is not. Lexus is now running a special on the ES 350 that provides a special money factor of .00245 for Tier 1+ customers. This factor may vary slightly by area, but the factor that you were quoted is much higher. Make sure that the dealer uses a lower factor to calculate your car's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings tampa350. There's nothing wrong with leasing an ES 350 right now. In fact, its new special lease program isn't bad. Let's use it to estimate what your car's lease payment should be like. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 Lexus ES 350 that has an MSRP of $41,322 and a selling price of $36,980 through Lexus Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $564 assuming that you qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier and pay a security deposit at lease signing. The payment for an otherwise identical 48 month lease would be around $535. I based these payments on 15,000 miles per year because that is the highest mileage allowance that LFS publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until the scheduled end of your lease and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

I always advise consumers against making down payments on leases because by doing so you are putting your money at risk. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered during your lease, you may end up not being able to recover part of all of any money that you put down.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tocapalla. Lexus just introduced "The Event" last week. It is now providing a special lease money factor of .00245 on the 2007 ES 350 for Tier 1+ customers (this factor may vary slightly by region).

Car_man
    Host
    You are correct, searchingfor. Lexus Financial Services' multiple security deposit program provides a reduction of .00010 for every additional deposit consumers make. A maximum of nine additional deposits are allowed.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey Car_man-
    Thanksfor all the great info. I got a quick question.. Who big is each additional deposit you talk about to lower the money factor by .00010? Is each deposit equal to a 1 months lease payment? if so what is the diffrence between doing this and making a down payment?

Thanks in advance.
    blue
  • phead2phead2 Posts: 16
    Can anyone tell me what the current residuals are for 36 and 48 months (12k)?

Thanks!
  • tdohtdoh Posts: 298
    tocapalla--sorry for the late reply; the MF they cited you is .00355; if the sales and/or finance person isn't gonna budge on the MF--especially given that they hadn't even run your credit at that point--better find another dealership. If your FICO-II credit score (this takes into account your income level since it factors your debt-to-income ratio, among other things; your main FICO score doesn't) is 700+, you should definitely be quoted a much lower MF than .00355. If not, then maybe Lexus Financial might cut you some slack and bump you up a Tier level just to sweeten the deal...probably more so, given the Lexus promo that's currently going on.

The residual on my lease is 60%--the higher residual on my lease (compared to the one you mentioned) could be due to a combination of the particular model I purchased (UL) and the fact that I purchased mine back in 8/06...meaning that I doubt a '07 model purchased in mid-'07 would still carry the same residual percentage as that of an identical '07 model purchased mid-'06...but I could be wrong here.

In any case--if indeed there is no sales tax on vehicle leases in your state, then based on the numbers you provided (including the revised lease term of 35 months), your pre-tax monthly payment calculates to roughly $640/month, so the quoted rate isn't THAT ridiculously far off...IF some sort of sales tax was factored into that quote.
  • 4barbara4barbara Posts: 46
    What would you say for a price for 12k per year on a 350.
    My wife also has a ES300 2003 with only 32k on it White/Tan interior and have 4 payments of $525 left.
    How does this factor into the equation?
    Today at the Keyes Lexus in Valencia, Ca we were quoted first
    $594 with $3500 and with the trade-in. Then after we squwaked because we already had 2 Lexus's from the same dealer they reduced the price. $564 w/ $974 down and 12k miles per yr.
    In both cases the lease was 48 months and they never even did the credit check.
    PLEASE!! What's your opinion.
  • valewvalew Posts: 1
    The following is an offer we got on ES350 with premium plus pkg. We would appreciate your opinion on this offer.

Suggested price $38,200
    12,000 miles per year
    $450(including tax) per month
    36 months
    $3,000 out of pocket (includes tax and others)

Thank you for your input.
  • mrtrancemrtrance Posts: 89
    I'm in the market for 07 ES350 with Premium Plus/NAV/HID/Preferred Accessory Package. MSRP is $40,627. Carsdirect has it for $36,166. Do you guys think I can get this vehicle for $35,000 + TTL? Anyone know the residual and MF for 12K/36mo lease for August? I think my price is like $1200 under invoice I believe.
  • olegoleg Posts: 12
    I HAVE quote $ 33500
    LEASE 12k 36MON.
    0 DOWN JUST UP FRONT COST + 9MSD
    $470 MONTHLY PAYMENT(INCL.7% TAX)
    IS IT GOOD DEAL?
  • mrtrancemrtrance Posts: 89
    What is the MF without the multiple security deposits? Can you also post your residual value? Thanks.
  • olegoleg Posts: 12
    MF 0.00245
    R.V. 55%
  • Hello,

I have never leased a car before. I am considering a lease for an ES350. At the end of a lease, when you turn the car in, what determines "normal wear and tear?" If it is spelled out in the agreement, or if there is some standard practice used by Lexus to assess the car, could someone help me with some details on that?

This is the one thing about leasing that worries me the most, turning in a car and getting hit with unexpected charges.

What has been the experience with Lexus Financial?

Thanks in advance
  • No problem, blue. Down payments are different than security deposits. Down payments aka capitalized cost reductions reduce the amount that you are financing in your lease. Once you make them, the money is gone. Banks often provide a reduction in the money factor that is used to calculate a vehicle's monthly payment to consumers who make security deposits. Specifically, IFS provides lessees with a .00010 reduction in their money factor for each additional deposit they make after the first. The great thing about security deposits is that you actually get them back at the end of your lease, unlike down payments which just disappear.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi phead2. I don't believe that Lexus is providing lease support on the ES 350 this month. Through October 1st, Lexus Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 ES 350 with 12,000 miles per year are .00285 and 54%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00285 and 44%. This lease program may vary slightly by region.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.