Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,134
    Generally, the residual is reduced by 1%, to go from 10K/yr to 12K/yr..

Then, an additional 2% reduction from 12Kyr to 15K/yr.

This isn't universal, but is true for many makes/models.

On a $40K car, each 1% reduction in residual adds $400 to the lease cost, or about $11/mo. + tax to the lease payment.

Once you get over 15K/yr., then there is a standard charge for each mile, usually.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• To: Car Man

What is the MF for Tier 1+ credit tier and residual for '09 ES, 10K/yr, 36 month for the NY/NJ area? thank you.
  • teasipteasip Posts: 16
    Thanks for the additional information.
  • Here you go, twodomes. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 ES 350 with 12,000 miles per year are .00035 and 49%, respectively. The 10k residual value for this car would probably be 1% higher than that.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi howdyman. Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 ES 350 with 10,000 miles per year are .00090 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its Tier 1+ credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • thanks Car_Man--this is just what i needed!!
  • You're very welcome, howdyman. good luck and make sure to stop back to let us all know how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi all.
    Looking for some feedback on this 36 month, 12K mi/year lease deal in NJ that I negotiated today. I think it's pretty good, but I'm looking for confirmation or feedback:

2009 Lexus ES350: Nav, Premium plus etc MSRP: $41,375
    Negotiated selling price: $37,000

Bank Fee (700) DMV (187.50) Doc (249) Tire tax (14.95): Total: $1,151.45
    Cap Cost: $1,700
    First Month (including 7% sales tax): $456

Total Out of Pocket: $3307.45
    Month Pymt (incl 7% sales tax): $456

Money Factor applied: .0009 (2.16%)
    Residual: 53%

Do you guys think this is a good deal, or is there room for more? Looking fwd to the replies. If it's positive, I'll go get this thing tomorrow.
  • real quick addition to the above, I am not a current Lexus ES owner or lesse so I don not qualify for the $1000 loyalty rebate.
  • I just leased a premium plus with xenon ES350 for $450/month for 36 months with 15K miles per year. The buy rate on this car is an unbelievable .00035 which is approx .84%. The total out of pocket was $1500 at Lexus of Pembroke Pines. The salesman was great. The experience was great. They have about 15 more '08's left. The retail on the car was 39.5K. Good luck to everyone. :)
  • Hi noojerrz. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Lexus Financial Services' current buy rate for the 2009 ES 350. That is a good thing. The selling price that you were quoted for this car looks reasonable as well. If you like it, I personally don't see any reason not to pull the trigger on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Congratulations on getting your new ES, fsudreyer. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • 1 local dealer has a 2009 and another has 2 2008's of the identical ES350 model. Residual is higher on the 2009 but interest rate is lower on the 2008. If I negociate well which one is the better deal?
  • Car_man ,thanks for the reply and the advice. I picked up my 09 ES350 at the terms i disclosed above. this is a great forum and i've used it for this lease my 3series and ML every time i've been able to get a deal that i've been thrilled with. so thanks for all the help.
  • Hello All,

I am looking to surprise my wife with a lease for an 2009 ES350 premium package on or before Christmas if all things work out in my favor. I am extremely happy I found this blog as it has opened a few questions for me. I currently have a 2006 Volvo S40 with six months left on the lease. Payment on the Volvo including tax is $362.00 per month. I would like to have my Lexus dealership pay off that lease yet still have affordable payments on my new lease. Ideally 15k miles per month on my new lease. Based on what you guys have read in this post what can I assume my payments will be? Or at least can anyone give me a good starting negotiating point. Thank you.
  • Does anyone know if the MF and residuals are the same for the Pebble Beach edition? Thanks. (Has anyone gotten a deal on one)
  • You're very welcome, noojerrz. I'm glad that you enjoy the forums so much. Don't forget to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with everyone. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Florida52. The lease payment on the new ES that you are interested in will vary depending upon its MSRP and selling price. If you provide us with these key variables, if you don't have the selling price the dealer invoice price will work, either myself or another knowledgeable community member should be able to give you an idea of what sort of payment you can expect. You can find the pricing data that you need over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi travispete1. Lexus' lease money factors are the same for all ES 350 trim levels. Its residual values are the same across the board as well, except for on units that are equipped with the Ultra Luxury Package...which lowers the ES' resids by 2%.

Car_man
    Host
  • I was told that lease values for 2008 es350 are as follows for dec

36 months 10000miles residue 50% mf .000085
    48 months 10000miles residue 41% mf .000085

can anyone confirm
  • bandjbandj Posts: 2
    What is the Residual and Money factor on 2009 ES350 for 36 month, 15,000/yr lease?
  • About to pull the trigger on this deal later today and needed some quick feedback to see if it's a good deal. Your help is much appreciated.

2008 ES 350 w/premium package
    MSRP: 37,796
    Selling Price: 32,595
    Residual: 53%
    Money Factor: .0010
    $1000 drive off (including 1st month's, title, reg, etc.)
    456.89/month including tax

Good deal???
  • Its pretty good. I recently did a 36 mo lease on an 08 with nav and Pebble Bch package for 443/mo inc tax and 1400 drive offs incl 1st month. MSRP 42,600, selling price 35,500. I think I got lucky.
  • Hello Car man and everyone, you helped me in the past with a new car purchase, now I am trying to help mother lease another Lexus. Her current Lexus ES330 lease is due to turn in on Feb 1 however she wants to buy now or at least before her Jan 1 payment is due, although not mandatory.
    Could you please help with my math and leasing understanding?
    Looking at 2009 ES350 to lease. (blk on blk) Eligible for $1000 loyalty money. Credit score 854 TransU,850 Experian, & 717 equifax. She is in the Atlanta GA area (Clayton County 6% tax)
    MSRP on car is 41,395 Premium plus pkg. w NAV (other option that come with car is HL.PA,WU,BE,HN,FS)
    Going to offer $37,000 for car, I believe the residual rate is 53% and the money factor that the dealer quoted me was .00105 for tier1+ credit (is the MF rate correct?)I saw elsewhere on site MF .0009

Inceptions
    41.00 tag/title/lemon law
    599.00 dealer fee
    ??? 1st month payment
    (I was told Lexus charges 700.00 for new lease acquisition where does this get added to… inceptions?)

So here go’s
    msrp 41,385X.53=21,934

37,000-21934=15,066
    15,066/36=418.50 payment w/out interest and taxes
    (37,000+21,934)X.00105=61.88 is interest
    61.88+418.50=480.38 payment with interest
    480.38+6% cty tax(28.80)=509.18 total monthly payment
    Is this correct or should the monthly payment on this car be lower? She would like to put zero down.
    what is invoice on the car
  • Actually, we were pleasantly surprised that when we went into the dealership instead of a 2008 he gave us a 2009 at that price. Still a good deal? Either way we are very happy with the car and deal we got!
  • CarMan thank you for the reply. Today I went to the dealer and the offer on the table is $490 per month including tax,title and fees for a Black/Black Premium Package Plus. I would pay off the Volvo ( $2200 ) directly to Volvo financing and $300 out of pocket to Lexus which includes first month.

36 months lease / 12k miles
    Residual .55 or .53 (I don't remember)
    Money Factor .0009

Any thoughts on this?
  • whats the msrp and selling price of the vehicle? It sounds high....remember, there is $1000 in dealer cash available here.
  • I believe MSRP was $39,995 and selling price is around $34500... Please don't quote me on those prices as I can't find the paper I wrote on
  • Based on the #s you provided, that lease payment doesn't come close. Using a 53% residual 8% sales tax, I get 453 inc tax. and that is using a 53% residual.

There are simple lease calculators online. Of course, if you are rolling the premaining volvo payments into the lease, then the number makes sense.
  • I'm new to the leasing side of car deals, and was wondering how the current December to Remember lease specials stack up? The 2008 ES350 with Premium Plus package is advertised at $369/month with $3919 due at signing. Term is 36 months with 12K miles a year.

MSRP is listed as $37,950, and the purchase price at lease end is $18,596.

Is this a "deal" or not?
This discussion has been closed.