Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Lease Questions

Comments

• mustangcnjmustangcnj Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    Hi Car_man,

can you please provide tier 1 money factor and residual %age (36 months) for this month in NJ/NY area for ES350 and GS350.

thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    I certainly can mustangcnj. Lexus Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 ES 350 with 15,000 miles per year are .00095 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier in your area.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 GS 350 are .00190 ans 63%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • am09am09 Posts: 21
    Hi carman.

Please provide the money factor and residual value for 10k/36 month lease. I am being quoted price of 35k for afar with MSRP of 39k. Does that look good? I am also being charged $700 bank fee and $300 dealership fee. I am being offered $1000 as a loyalty payment (I currently own a lexus).
    I am being told that the residual value is 58% and money factor is .00105. I am looking in northern Nj.

Thank you.
    I'd be happy to help you out, am09. Lexus Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 ES 350 with 10,000 miles per year are .00105 and 58%, respectively...just as you were quoted.

A $4,000 discount on this car is pretty good.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you carman. I finalized my deal today, got my car for $443 for 36 months no money down. I am happy with the car.
  • 10sfan10sfan Posts: 136
    Sounds like a great lease deal. What was the MSRP?
  • Sounds like a good deal AM09. Couple of questions - Is this for the model with navigation? Also, does the $443 include tax? Lastly, did you have to pay any other fees or was all of it taken care of by the loyalty bonus?
    Base model with about 1K worth of options - mats/wheel locks. etc.
    443 was with taxes (7%). 36 payments of $443, no other fees. Hope this helps.
  • ezericsezerics Posts: 7
    I have a sort of general question. I leased a 2011 ES 350 back in May of 2011. I ended up with 545 a month. I purchased on Long Island, NY. I visited a few dealers and they explained that the 'base' model around here typically includes wood trim and sunroof, leather, etc. So if that is the case how are you supposed to judge the price. Would you basically use the Edmunds base price and then add the price of the luxury package to that? I ended up getting the Nav system and paying 545/mo. I put zero down but I had some out of pocket cost for sales tax and various fees. I was happy at the time.

Then in Dec. 2011 my boss leased the same vehicle from the same dealer and got it at 520/mo but claimed that he did not pay any sales tax. Ever since I've wondered how he paid nothing down or even sales tax. Is this possible? I've tried to look into it but I thought you were required to pay NYS sales tax up front.

Could someone please explain how NYS sales tax works in a lease and what are the permitted acceptable fees that we should pay at the commencement of a lease.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,898
    The sales tax is paid upfront (in NY), but you don't have to pay it upfront, directly..

The bank will pay it, and then add that amount on to the CAP cost of your vehicle..

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

You're very welcome, am09. Congratulations on getting your new ride! Enjoy :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Kyfdx is absolutely right. Your boss definitely did not get out of paying sales tax...the dealer just baked it into the lease.

Car_man
    Host
  • msbevmsbev Posts: 3
    I visited a lexus dealer to inquire about the 2012 ES 350. with and without NAV

for the no nav i was quoted 3157 down excluding taxes and fees with a payment of 389.00 with nav the price went to 4000 down and 529. per month. i am currently in a 2009 maxima lease with ends in september with 3 payments of 375. the dealer offered to excelerate the lease to put me in the lexus. i felt a little frustrated bc of the following:
    why is the lease mileage on 10000 per year?
    if the nav is only 2500 more why did the payment over 36 month total 5040
    with a credit score of over 700, I feel that I should have gotten a much better payment quote.
    please help. I would like to know what the common month payment for a 2012 es with nav is and what ke questions i should be asking..
    Thanks
    Hi Car Man- I am looking to lease a 2012 es350 with NAV.. my credi score is in the 7's..
    Can you tell me an acceptable down payment and monthly payment for this without me feeling as if im ripped off? ;)
  • car_dude24car_dude24 Posts: 9
    Thanks AM09
    Hi msbev. I can work up a sample payment for you, but the exact payment for the car that you want will vary depending upon how it is equipped.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 ES 350 with only Navigation that has an MSRP of $40,065 and a selling price of 38,052 ($500 over invoice) through Lexus Financial Services right now for 36-months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $511.

Car_man
    Host
  • ga40ga40 Posts: 4
    Got quoted $580 with nav and msrp of 43k. This includes tax, title and licensing. 12k and first payment is free. 36 months with 12k /year

Please share your thoughts.
    Thank you car man! Are there programs out now with zero down for the es350? everywhere that ive been has been asking for at least 3800 down.

Thanks
  • ga40ga40 Posts: 4
    Bought car for 0 down, 12k/yr for 575 a month which includes tax of about 40 dollars a month. Msrp was 43400 with rear spoiler
This discussion has been closed.