Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Interior and Dashboard

Comments

• I have an 04 GMC Sierra Extended Cab, and every time I wash my truck the carpet on the passenger side in the front is soaked. The carpet is wet under the plastic trim and about 2 inches beyond. No wind noise when I drive the truck. Replaced the door seal, but no luck. I have had some one inside the truck when I spray the door with water and they say that they do not see any water running from the top of the door nor the sides of the door. Is there any way it could my getting in from the engine compartment? If not possibly were? Please help,
  • I just recently purchased a 1996 gmc sierra, and the front seats are all worn out. it is the basic SL model with the 60/40 bench. I want to install a newer seat which has the middle fold down console which can fold back up into a seat, along with the reclining feature. As mine is the striaght bench right across with out any of these features. I was wondering how newer of a seat can i install into the cab, as to i have a bad back and would like to get the most recently designed seat chevy makes as possible egronimically wise. I was told by a dealer 96 to 98 truck seats are compatible, and by a auto wrecking yard 88-98 all truck seats are compatiable. Is there any chance that a 03 or even a 02 seat would be able to fit in this truck because i have recently sat in one and those seats are very comfortable. anyones input on this matter would be greatly much appreciated because my truck is going to be out of the shop next week and the hunt for a better seat will begin thank you for your time.
  • 2lazyh2lazyh Posts: 2
    I own a 2004 duramax diesel GMC Seirra. While driving, my speedometer slowly declined to 0 while I was still keeping up with traffic at about 65mph. It does not work at all now. I am no mechanic, can anyone tell me what is wrong?
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    I understand that GM has a whole bunch load of clusters that are failing. Looks like yours is one of them.
  • dmcgeedmcgee Posts: 1
    possibly the windshield leaking down through dash
  • chuck67chuck67 Posts: 1
    Has anyone else had a problem with with the digital reading on the dashboard cluster? I only have 1200 miles on mine and the digital reading for mileage will sometimes work and sometimes blank and the same for the screen that shows you what gear you are in. I noticed it in the mornings when it is cold and by the time I get to the dealership it starts working again. Also when this happens the gas gauge gives a false reading (always says1/4 when the tank is full) :confuse:

I traded my 04 silverado for the same issue and they said that 08 had a new cluster design so there would be no problems.
  • Instrument panel gauges drop to zero on occasion. When this happens, the Security light comes on at the same time the gauges drop out. It could be my imagination, but it seems like it happens more often when I'm coming to a stop. Also, evry once in a while the door locks engage during the time the gauges drop out. They all come back within a few seconds... the truck runs fine during this time and nothing else seems to be malfunctioning. It acts like the computer thinks the truck is OFF for a few seconds
    Any ideas??
    A little more information would help. Like what model year?
  • It's a 2005 5.3L V8 ...
    4 door LTS package
  • Just a follow up in case anyone else has this problem.
    The dealer replaced the instrument cluster unit that controls all of the gauges and holds all of the information such as mileage and settings. The instrument cluster unit is nothing more than a "printed circuit board" that went bad. They are fairly proud of it considering the cost (~$500 incl. parts and labor). Interesting note: The previous owners had a sony radio (touch screen - NAV) installed and the installers used power from the intrument cluster (printed circuit board) as power to the radio. I was told it's possible... that this could've been the source of the problem. Everything is working now.
  • kc1371kc1371 Posts: 2
    I have an 04 GMC Sierra Extended Cab, and every time I wash my truck the carpet on the passenger side in the front is soaked. The carpet is wet under the plastic trim and about 2 inches beyond.

Did you ever find a fix for this problem...I just purchased a 2004 Crew Cab and have exactly the same problem. It almost acts as though it is coming from the vent along the floorboard but is definately not antifreeze. I would appreciate any help.
  • kc1371kc1371 Posts: 2
    I have an 04 GMC Sierra Crew Cab, and when I wash the truck, the carpet on the passenger side in the front is soaked. The carpet is wet under the plastic trim and about 2 inches beyond. It almost acts as though it is coming from the vent along the floorboard but is definately not antifreeze. The window seal doesn't seem to be the problem either. I would appreciate any help.
    Your drainplug for the a/c evaporator is probably clogged. I'd check that out first.
  • Hi,
    I have 2002 silverado 4x4. I'll be driving and all of a sudden my message center turns red, not charging, then goes to low fuel and the gas gauge drops all the way down, passlock comes on and the abs light turns on. just as quickly it all returns to normal with the passlock light remaining on until I shut the key off.
    I don't believe it is actually not charging as the lights dont dim. The truck will cycle through these changes sometimes more frequently then others. Thanks for the help
    Are all of these "messages" contained in your "cluster"? If so, it appears many are having the same problem as you and having their dealer replace it free of charge.
  • cleslie2006cleslie2006 Posts: 10
    WHAT SIZE BULBS ARE IN THE DASH CLUSTER OF A 2002 GMC SIERRA EXT CAB P/U? ARE THEY THE SAME AS THE 70'S TYPE WHERE YOU TURN A KNOB TYPE CASE AND PULL IT OUT AND A WEDGE TYPE BULB PUSHES IN THE PLASTIC CASE LIKE PIECE. DOES IT TAKE 194 BULBS. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD GREATLY BE APPRECIATED. THANK YOU, CARL LESLIE EMAIL CARLKIM@BELLSOUTH.NET
  • jkhmjkhm Posts: 3
    '04 silverado: what will cause all the dash lights to slowly dim out and finally turn off and not turn back on?

when driving, all the dash panel lights started to dim and get dimmer. Finally turned off and no longer have any power. Also, the radio went dead.
    Easiest to check would be the fuses. Sounds like the BCM may have gone south.
  • jkhmjkhm Posts: 3
    The fuses are all fine. The way that it slowly dimmed out also makes me think it isn't a fuse problem.

I know nothing about cars. Can you tell me what BCM is?
    There are several modules within the vehicle that controls different functions sort of like micro computers. The BCM is the body control module which controls things like power windows, keyless remote, lights, power lock, factory alarm, tach, a/c, and instrument cluster.

You would need to check for codes using an OBDII scanner. Bottom line, you need to take it in to have it checked by a mechanic. Doesn't have to be the Chevy dealer. If you have a mechanic that works on your truck, he/she should be able to trouble shoot and replace the BCM should it prove to be defective.