Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Interior and Dashboard

123457»

Comments

• I'm buying a 2000 silverado 1500 to pull a travel trailer, The emergency brake pedal goes all the way down. (I don't know if it works or not, I didn't check that on the test drive). I guess there is a cable attached to it, so if the cable is broke how much of a job is it to replace it? Could it just be an adjustment maybe?
  • I have an 08 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 Duramax with 68000 miles on it. While driving I've had the dash gauges drop off and the transmission start trying to shift. I've lost my back door locks which I'm not sure is part of the same problem or not. Dealer changed out the fuse block under the hood and the problem stopped for awhile. Well its back. I shut the truck off and it wouldn't start, popped the hooded and tapped on the fuse block and the truck started right up. Service trailer brakes displayed but seems computer resets itself and I lose all codes etc. I've read through some post with similar problems but not finding any answers. Anyone? Please.
  • I had the same problem on a 95 Silverado. The problem is no or insufficient power to the transmission which throws all sorts of codes and messes up the computer signal which goes to the tach, speedo, and prndl light. First check the Trans fuse to see if it needs replacing. Next check the Trans fuse for power. Should have battery voltage to the fuse socket when switch is in Run (on). Voltage on one side of the fuse socket, no voltage on the other side. If no voltage, it's the ignition switch. Replace switch. If you have battery voltage to the fuse socket, plug the fuse in and check the voltage again (one lead of your multimeter on the fuse, the other lead to ground). You should still have battery voltage. If you have substantially lower voltage then there's a short somewhere. Best plan at this point is to run another wire from a different fuse socket (I selected an unused socket from the fuse block under the hood) to the plug on the transmission. It's a pink wire and can be identified from several wiring diagrams available on the internet.
123457»