Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Interior and Dashboard

Comments

• jmajajmaja Posts: 2
    I have a 2000 Silverado. When the headlights are turned on, there are no dash lights but the flasher indicators illuminate steady on (but tail lights luckily don't flash). When the headlights are turned off, at least the flasher indicator lights go off. The dimmer still dims the radio and shifter lights. I replaced the headlight/dimmer switch, problem remained. I have disconnected the radio and checked all the fuses and still no change. Any ideas where/what else to check?
  • Iv seen this problem alot its 99% of the time the third brake light, iv replaced plenty on the new body style. for some reason the seals on them fail, and iv see some that have had bubbles in the glue they use to put the back glass in, but yours sounds like its the third brake light.
  • Its your third brake light
  • my lights are burning out on dash and radio.can they be changed and how?
  • THIS IS THE BEST SITE, THEY REPLACE THE COMPLETE BOARD AND ALL LIGHTS
    WITH BRAND NEW BULBS. MINE WORKS GREAT, AND IT'S CHEAP AND FAST TOO.

radios@replacementradios.com

THANKS,
    CARL LESLIE
  • Try LMC Truck.com. if they do not have the right color for the compartment door they will have interior paint to match.
  • Hello! I have a 2000 Chevy 1500. Recently the dash lights have started going out when the headlights come on. Everything goes black except the shift selector. If I turn the dome light on they come on. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Jennifer
  • THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME, AND I HAD TO REPLACE THE HEADLIGHT/DIMMER SWITCH UNIT AND IT CORRECTED THE PROBLEM.
    IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE I REPLACED IT, SO I CAN'T REMEMBER
    IF I PURCHASED IT FROM FROM THE DEALERSHIP OR ON EBAY,BUT IT WAS BRAND NEW
    BUT IT WASN'T THAT MUCH AND IS EASY TO REPLACE.THANKS,CARL
  • Thanks for your reply Carl......just to be clear, you're talking about the headlight dimmer....the turn signal arm itself....and not the dash light dimmer that is on the dash?

My windshield washer motor/pump is not working either. That makes me wonder....since it is on the turn signal arm also. But, I haven't had time to troubleshoot that problem yet so it may just be the pump.

Thanks for the help.

Jennifer
  • brachbrach Posts: 4
    2002 2500 HD and the speedo doesnt work. everything else does. Do I need to replace the whole cluster?
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    Yes and you need to have the odometer reprogrammed with your current mileage or a sticker placed in the doorwell showing date of cluster change and mileage at that time.
  • brachbrach Posts: 4
    Thanks for the info. Any idea how much a new one is or would I be ok getting a used one?
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    You can find a ton of used ones on ebay with some even offering to repair with overnight service. I've tried to check with some of the online GM dealers and it seems they don't offer new replacement clusters. However there are a few aftermarket sources like EverDrive.
  • IT'S BACK...
    Just over a year and a half and the problem raised it's ugly head again with the same exact symptoms.

Does anybody know if there is a recall on the instrument cluster unit that controls gauges etc. and what the details are?
  • I got a2006 gmc 3500hd with a duramax the problemI got is the gauge always reads empty Ive replaced both senders and still no luck
  • I have a 2005 silverado my speedo would go to 0 or be wrong,now my tach is all over the range,also my inst. lts. when dimming will go full bright and dim or out.
  • HELLO HTBOTDVR,

THE ONLY THINGS I CAN THINK OF WOULD BE TO CHECK THE MAIN HARNESS PLUG THAT
    PLUGS INTO THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER, IT COULD BE LOOSE SOME HOW. THE ONLY OTHER
    THING WOULD BE ONE OF THE RELAY'S IN THE MAIN FUSE BOX IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT.
    ONE OF THOSE COULD BE GOING OUT, OR COULD JUST HAVE SOME CORROSION ON THE CONTACTS.
    PULL EACH ONE OUT AND LOOK AT THE PRONGS ON EACH ONE AND MAKE SURE THEY'RE CLEAN.
    I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU IN SOME WAY, GOOD LUCK.........ANY QUESTIONS, LET ME KNOW.

THANKS,
    MR IMPALA (CLESLIE2006)