Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cars You Hate/Cars You Would Kill

Comments

• scape2scape2 Posts: 4,119
    the Honda Uglyment!.. I mean Element... Box on wheels.. Rubbermaid must be in the loop.. Scion Xb, refrigerator on wheels.. Xa... ugh....
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    The Lincoln Zephyr.
    The Cadillac STS V-6! The Econillac.
    The Lexus IS.
    The Mercedes G-500
    Everything Saturn makes.
    Everything Pontiac Makes
    Everything Buick makes.
    GMC light trucks.
  • gagricegagrice San DiegoPosts: 28,680
    Not GMC light trucks. They are slightly better looking than Chevy trucks since 2002.

I vote to kill the Element. It carries ugly past the Aztek into a realm no vehicle should go. At least the ugly little Xb has a cute factor about it.
    "Not GMC light trucks. They are slightly better looking than Chevy trucks since 2002."

Ok, gagrice - riddle me this - what purpose do they serve other than the arguable aesthetic value? IMO, GMC should be shut down on a consumer basis, and be the truck over 1 Ton capacity division of GM only. Chevy can put out the light trucks, and maybe then, they would outsell the F-150 for once in their life! It's a nice claim, to be the best selling truck in America, which on a combined basis, they are. But splitting the sales between GMC and Chevy, they never are.

GM needs to shutter divisions and focus more on each remaining brand to make them well, and make them right. 3 Divisions would be enough.......
  • bigo08bigo08 Posts: 102
    The Lincoln Zephyr.

I personally think the Zephyr is one of the nicest cars i have seen in a while
    I'm all for killing the Zephyr, big0. I think it's way underdeserving of the Lincoln name. I think Bill Ford has just about killed all of Lincoln already.
  • gagricegagrice San DiegoPosts: 28,680
    GM needs to shutter divisions and focus more on each remaining brand

I consider them one truck anyway. I looked at both and really did not like the looks of the Chevy or GMC. They were just a lot better looking than the Fodges. I guess I have to live with ugly trucks from now on. If Chevy would go back to the 2000 look it would make me happier and they could kill the GMC.
    You're livin' in the past, gag...... :P
  • anythngbutgmanythngbutgm Posts: 4,159
    I'd keep Saturn and drop Saab. If both brands really end up being Opel outlets, it would be redundant. And since Opel is seen as a non-lux brand, I could see the Saturn lineup adapting better than the entry-lux Saab brand.

I'd also add Mercury, and I agree with you that the Zephyr brings down the status of the Linclon brand (whatever is left of that staus, aside from the Navigator)
  • grabowskygrabowsky Posts: 74
    I saw a new Zephyr on the road today. It would be a nice looking car if it were at least midsize. Even better as a full. The proportions as it is just don't look right for a small car. Why does FoMoCo even bother with Lincoln anymore? Ditto Mercury. They haven't made any real effort with either of those divisions since the 70s. Even Chrysler finally got with it on Plymouth. And GM managed to kill olds. Of course now they're trying to fit Saturn into Olds slot. I swear the people running that company are retarded. I bet out of the limelight they all wear helmets!
  • derrado1derrado1 Posts: 194
    What cars do you hate the most out of every make? I suppose that's an interesting question and could spark some more interest in the topic. Just a few of mine:

Saturn - ION. Really, the thing needs to go. Saturn's in the middle of a renaissance and it needs to get as far away from this travesty as possible.

Pontiac - Torrent. A nice looking sport-ute, but if GM isn't bluffing and they really want to turn Pontiac around and make it more of a niche player, they need to stop appeasing the dealers and kill this misfit, bastardised rebadge.

Buick - Rainier. The Rendezvous at least is unique and somewhat out of the box. The Rainier? A simple dealer-special rebadge. Ditto the Terraza, although at least it has a decent interior and offers some sort of purpose.

Saab - 9-7x. I suppose this is pretty much everybody's answer for Saab. And it should be. A rubbish idea for an ailing company that just needs to be bought or cut loose. The US is Saab's worst market and going more mainstream isn't going to help it any faster.

Mazda - B-Series and Tribute. Zoom-zoom, anyone? The Tribute had its time and while it is a decent enough SUV, it's looking increasingly old-hat. And for so few sales, the B-Series has no redeemable qualities whatsoever. It's a disgrace that the MZ3, MZ6 and the rest of the Mazda range has to share the showroom floor with it.
  • john_324john_324 Posts: 974
    "Saturn - ION. Really, the thing needs to go. Saturn's in the middle of a renaissance and it needs to get as far away from this travesty as possible."

I particularly dislike the Ion "coupe". Terrible styling, esp. compared with the last gen coupe.

The 4-door coupe concept should probably go overall I think. The Mazda RX-8 kinda pulls it off, but I think its sales would be more or less the same if it were a real coupe...
  • bottgersbottgers Posts: 2,028
    ....SUV, the Element, and the Aztech. I'd change the name of the xB to "Honda Element liner" or Mini-Cooper shipping crate."
    A Ranier today, as it passed me on the freeway.... I remarked to my wife - that's not a bad looking Trailblazer from Buick. I wonder what the Cadillac version will be called?
  • derrado1derrado1 Posts: 194
    Every one is very cynical when it comes to GM, but I suppose they deserve it after one too many foolish, misguided errors of judgement.

I have high hopes for Cadillac, though, and I really think GM does too. It's experiencing a real renaissance and there's really no chance of GM ruining it anytime soon, if they have any brains. Which they do. They just choose to ignore them sometimes.
    Anything they make, doesn't cut it in this market, IMO.....
  • 210delray210delray Posts: 4,722
    You may find it hard to believe, but Suzuki is on a tear.

Sales for the first 6 months of 2006 totaled just under 57,000 units, up 36% from the same period in 2005.

Of course, for comparison, Subaru (hardly a sales leader) sold 96,000+ units.
  • deserth8rdeserth8r Posts: 45
    seriously, who in their right mind would take a 60k+ SUV offroad, which is what SUVs originally were designed for. I own a ford ranger, and go 4 wheeling all of the time, but there is no way I would do it with an expensive SUV, it just doesnt make sense
  • john_324john_324 Posts: 974
    The end of "Cars" did a hilarious send-up of this... :)
    In principal, I agree with you. However, I have been driving Lincoln Navigators and Mercury Mountaineers since 96 - and I have taken them off road all the time. It's odd, it looks odd, and I get a lot of head shakes when I'm out there, but I do it, and they do great! Nothing like blazing new trails in a Navigator!
This discussion has been closed.