Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• No. I did not pay any ad fees. The breakup was as follows:

Car: 38791
    Theft deterrent: 99 (this is more due to the particular dealership)
    doc fee: 55
    Lic fee: 253
    Transfer: 80
    Tax: 3212.

I did not get any coupon discount. I came to know of this quite late in the game. When I asked for this discount, the dealership flatly refused. They claimed they did not have any left and noted that they would not apply to this particular car even if they had any coupon since the purchase price was already low.
  • cubescubescubescubes Posts: 10
    edited December 2011
    Lexus of Serramonte, near San Francisco
  • Thank you for the info.
  • cb6cb6 Posts: 10
    I picked up my new RX350 2012 AWD from Lexus of Serramonte today, car has comfort, premium, Nav (MSRP 50003), they sold it for invoice and used 2 coupons ($1000), I guess it's not the same as invoice - 1000 since I have to pay taxes on the $1000. Anyways a fair deal and it was easy since they agreed to it over the phone. Putnam in Redwood city was willing to go invoice - 500 plus the 2 certificates but that car does not have comfort package which is what I wanted. I actually have to sign the coupons and they have to put the VIN number on them. Good luck everyone and Happy Holidays!
  • Just for the record, if someone refers to you a specific dealership, please ask permission to use their name as a referral when quoting a price. I provided dealer & salesperson information to someone with some general pricing, who then emailed the dealership, cc'ing myself, basically calling the dealership liars. While most of us have a goal of getting a great deal on our vehicles, and like to share info to help others out, I was very uncomfortable with this, and feel it is a breach of the message boards, as I never gave that person permission to use my name. My lesson is now learned.
  • In the Washington DC area it is impossible to find a 2012 RX350 FWD. Plenty of AWDs. Anybody has a suggestion?
  • sree5sree5 Posts: 6
    Two in Long Island New York. www.cars.com, select the model, view inventory, zip code 10010 radius: 100 mi, drivetrain: FWD should show em
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,057
    Well... on this board, we don't allow personal information to be posted.. for the Edmunds member or for dealership personnel.

I'd be very careful to give out my personal information to someone I didn't know... I'm sorry for your bad experience. That would make me uncomfortable, as well..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hi All,

Just picked up my gorgeous new Lexus AWD RX in tungsen pearl with light gray interior. I'm over the moon happy! Now I have to spend all day learning all the gadgets lol. Tough work but someone has to do it ! This is my first AWD so maybe this year I can actually get up my driveway in our CT snow.

It has Nav, Comfort, Premium, Preferred Accessories pkg, Parking Assist (what a hoot that is), Wood/Leather steering and the 12 speaker prem sound.

Total MSRP $49,360.00 Invoice $45,161.00 (includes the $607 ad fee all the dealers up here add in.) Could not find a dealer in the Tri-state area (CT/NY/NJ) who would even fess up to the coupons and few had the color and equipment I wanted. Bravo to you all who got that extra $1000 off. I felt bad at first that I couldn't get that too but my final negotiated price was still a decent $261 under invoice and they gave me a better trade in price on my 12 year old Acura, which was more money off the price and less tax. That was an absolute plus. The dealership and their service dept are great and they are only 11 miles away.

Waiting for my body side moldings (forgot about getting them til I picked up the car rofl) to come in early next week and I'll be all set. BTW, I took the service plan as Lexus seems so expensive for every little thing. It will save almost $1500 in the long run for my plan.

Thanks to Hondaman and all the rest of you kind folks who responded and held my hand through this process. My first experience here was buying a new Honda for my Mom this summer at a great price too. I'm glad I came back and hopped onto this Lexus forum for all your kind help. I know it saved me big bucks and actually got me in the driver's seat.

Wishing you all a happy healthy holiday season and a great New Year in your new shiny wheels!
    xox diva (now the car matches the attitude! LOL)
  • Congrats! I think you did quite well considering our region is pretty tough to negotiate on SUVs during cold season.
    Happy holidays to you as well and enjoy your new car; I know I am..
  • ab10000ab10000 Posts: 127
    edited December 2011
    Hi cb6
    what was the purchase price and tax and title?
  • cooljay687cooljay687 Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    Hi all - in the NYC area and trying to find a good deal. I am interested in RX 350 with NAV/Comfort/19" alum wheels, MSRP is around 49,360. I was quoted around 46300 at glencove. think i can do better,right?

**dancingdiva, what dealership did you go through for your deal? That sounds pretty good! I assume in CT?

hondaman16, i was following posts but couldnt see if you actually pulled the trigger. did you and what deal did you get?

If i go through Lindsey Lexus in VA, how would service work since I cant go back to the dealership for service? I see that people are getting 44.5k there....

First time buyer here so all thoughts appreciated.. thanks!!
  • We just picked up that same car (SRP of 49,300) for 45K
    You can do better
  • It is indeed hard to get a good price in the Tri-state area. I did want a dealer close by for service and also to get my other car traded in. But I did shop around ...alot til I pulled the trigger. No one fessed up or would consider those certificates. But I did feel that my dealer was competitive. End of month is usually best time as that is when the salesfolk want to finish the month strong. That being said, availability is limited now too so a big dealer is the way to go for more opportunities.

I found my deal in Greenwich, CT. Nice that it is fairly close to me. It's a large dealership with good service. Didn't realize service was so expensive on Lexus. Much more than on my Acura but I went for the service plan to save money.

BTW, if you go with a car far away you have to add in shipping and I wanted to have a relationship with the dealership for service. But you can service a car at any Lexus as far as I know. I just think if you buy the car there they pay more attention to you.

Have you tried Massapequa? My family used to live on L.I. and they used to buy from them. There's another dealer in Rockville Center too to try. Go armed with your numbers.

One last thing. Up here alot of the dealers have two configurations on the AWD (very few FWD available because we are a snow region.): With or without NAV. With NAV usually comes with other packages (premium, comfort, preferred access, wood and leather knob, pking assist, and the 12 speaker prem sound). Comes out to around what your car is quoted as MSRP. The 19" wheels sport package is something different so that would be extra. I would assume then that the MSRP would be much higher once you include the wheel pkg. I love the bigger wheels btw (7 spokes yum) but didn't want the stiffer ride. My other car is a sport model so I wanted a cushy cruiser for trips.

Maybe that is why the price you were quoted was higher to include the 19" wheel package. Double check to see what all the packages are included in the car you are looking at. Ask for a printout of THAT CAR. It is possible they found one with limited packages and your wheels but if it is configured like most up here with Nav maybe the MSRP is actually higher to include all the rest of the usual packages on a NAV vehicle making the price higher. My car with Nav was around the MSRP you quoted and did not come with the wheel package. So maybe that's why my buy price is lower. Your deal may actually be a good one if it includes all the other stuff.

Good luck and happy car shopping.
    diva
    Just purchased an Rx350 AWD Stargazer Black, Black interior - one of the standard configurations with MSRP 49,619.

Paid 43,200 + doc (250), title , NJ 7% tax.

It included the $1000 Lexus rebate, so tax is an additional $70 tax (on the $1000 rebate).

Was expecting to pay $44,000 + doc,title,tax - got a lucky break for an extra $800 at the last minute.

I used the 0.9% 60 month financing.

To get this price, I had to work multiple dealers, be a bit of an [non-permissible content removed]*** having the dealers compete with each other, pick a dealer with inventory for the exact combination I was looking for, be near the end of the year, get the rebate, and have a bit of luck to boot - so NOT a cakewalk.

I also bought the extended warranty, GAP insurance and tire protection plan - note that this was after negotiating the purchase price.

I'd like some feedback on whether these extras are worth keeping, and if the price is reasonable, or if I should cancel and/or get elsewhere:
    + Tire protection 5 yr - $485
    + GAP insurance 5 yr - $900 (really expensive, so will likely find an alternative and then cancel).
    + Extended warranty 8 yr / 75K miles - $1750 - worth it ? worth getting now or later ?

For those who go down this path of rolling extras into the financed amount, note that if you cancel, the refund goes towards the principal, it will NOT decrease your monthly payment, but you will payoff the loan sooner.

thx
    Warnock Lexus NJ had a Black Obisidian, Brown interior, premium, nav, appearance pkg (19" wheels) BUT NO COMFORT for significantly below invoice.
    I was considering this but did not want the 19" and the color was not my first choice.
    rgds
  • rx2012awdrx2012awd Posts: 7
    edited December 2011
    Hi Sree5,
    Could you please mention how much were they willing to go below invoice?

Also, (may be a novice question).. why were you not willing to go for 19" wheels if the deal is good?

Thank you.
  • Cubes, thanks for posting this information. Also, thanks to everyone who discussed the coupons. I never found any other information regarding the coupons online or on the lexus site. I only had this site to refer to.

I just purchased my 2012 rx 350 fwd (unable to find awd in FL) with prem package, 19 in wheels, tow package, park assist, back up cam, top rails, mats, wood trim with MSRP of 45232 for 38600 + TTL. Invoice is roughly 40k. The dealer used 2 of the $500 coupons (which unfortunately are applied after tax).

I'm pleased with my purchase and am even happier the car was a new delivery (2 miles on odometer). Good luck to all of those still looking to purchase!
    msrp 48,180, believe you should do better than 42,300 + doc + ttl + tax.
    This was a verbal offer over the phone as I was driving to the other dealer - so take that into consideration. But if its still there and being the end of the year - I'd say the odds are in your favor. Helps if you let them know that you are deciding between their car and a comparable car at another dealer.

Also, please do NOT quote me on this - don't need an angry salesman calling me up for cutting his margin :-)

Regarding the 19" wheels, I like the std 5 spoke design better, didn't care for the black trim around the headlights, and really wanted Star Gazer Black with Black interior - this car is Obsidian Black with Brown interior.

Good luck, and do post if you were able to save some $s.
  • Thank you for the information. I just started contacting the dealers, so I guess it will be a while for me to pull the trigger.

I will post it here as soon as I purchase one.
    MSRP 50003
    Invoice $45775- 1,000
    After coupon $44,775 @8.2555% TAX & LIC Fees 3,698.48 = $48,918
    No ad fee, Total Out the door $48,918.

It is possible to get under invoice even with the coupons, but we wanted Red with comfort and there weren't too many of those.
  • Pearljam7, congratulations, Can you postl your dealer info? Thank you.
  • I ended up getting Obsidian with black interior with 19" wheels, nav, comfort, premium. MSRP of $49,758 for $44,000 (including the coupons). I wanted the new stargazer black color but they didnt have it with the 19" wheels and i liked the 7-spoke on the wheels that gives it a sportier look. Think I did fine here... good luck everybody!
  • This blog is so helpful! Signing papers tomorrow on a new 2011 2wd demo with 6800 miles. Msrp $55335 (luxury, comfort, and premium pkg, chrome wheels, heads up display, remote start). Paying $48,000.

Dealer is quoting 1.9 rate for 60 months. A few of you mentioned 0.9. Is that on new 2011 and 2012 models?
  • Oh, and found this on Autotrader.com. :)
  • I got the same options in NOVA at $41500 OUT DOOR PRICE, INCLUDING TTL, TAX,ETC...
    SO, try to target the price at $39,xxx.
  • Andrews8. I'm in FL. Lexus of palm beach
  • Has anyone bought or got a quote today?
    0.9% for excellent credit (probably > 700).
  • I have a question about financing. How do they determine the length of time on the loan? I qualified for 0.9 but what would affect it being 36 or 48 or 60 months? Thanks