Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cysdcysd Posts: 8
    Update on my previous deal.

Went back to the dealer oday and checked out the car I was interested last weekend. Found out it has 100 miles on it already. They said it was because the car was at a different dealership and got driven over. Was able to talk the price down even more because of the mileage. Ended up getting $37400 +tax&fees (MSRP $44674).

Also got offered a express total care package which includes paint & leather seal & 5 years of total care for $1895+ tax which I fell for....

Didn't go for the extended warranty though. Do ppl actually go for the extended warranty? I thought the whole point of getting Japanese car is for their reliability.
  • freddynjfreddynj Posts: 10
    Hi all,

New poster here. I just bought a 2012 RX-350 AWD, Japan built at a dealer in Colma, California. I dealt with the internet sales associate.
    As you can see, I live in NJ,but located this silver RX with all the options I wanted, prem, comfort, nav, towing pkg.

I actually flew to SF,was picked up at the airport,and got a great deal over 5,300 off MSRP with installed mud flaps, window etch.
    Yes, it is true about transporting the vehicle to home,which I am doing now-1,495 extra.
    Thanks for all the great info all. If you live in the bay area ask for the internet sales associate who helped the Jersey, NY Giants fan!
  • kbtmomkbtmom Posts: 2
    Has anyone heard what, if any, incentives are available for June? I heard that the RXs sold at a great clip in May. For all of 2011 and the beginning of 2012, only Dec 2011 sales beat last month's numbers. I assume that the big seller was the 2012 model to make room for the 2013. I also thought that Lexus was trying to beef up sales this year after being outsold by MB and BMW again last year. I am holding out for a 2013 due to the saddle interior. Besides waiting until Dec, what might be a good month to buy. I assume end of month is typically the best time regardless. I can only find $1K off a 2013 model, nonNAV, PP, heated seats, Towing prep.
  • sailakfansailakfan Posts: 28
    edited June 2012
    Hello freddynj,

I don't know if it is too late but Escondido dealer was offering $7200 below sticker yesterday and between Carlsdbad, their sister dealership, and them looks like they have around 200 2012s still according to the sales person but the one I had been quoted is not a Japan build, but Canadian.

I am not trying to start a war, but does Japan vs Canada make any difference?

Also, is the shipping for open or enclosed, if open you might want to check out Intercity. Excellent service and close to that price.
    Hi sailakfan,

The quote for 6,000 or 7,000 off includes Lexus loyalty money(It was my first Lexus), active military(not anymore), my NJ dealer wanted 1,800 more than this Lexus of Serramonte dealer.
    As far as is Japan build better,in my opinion it is. But I know the Canadian factory won awards, but I have been lucky with Japan built vehicles, my 2007 Honda CR-V, Subarus,Toyota. So I wanted this Japan built. I know it cost more in time and some money. I feel it's worth it since I'll have the RX for a number of years.
    The transporter,Hanover Transport was recommended by the dealer,and was a little less than the unknowns that I received quotes from.
    Since it's June I'm sure it will arrive ok(I'm sure a little dusty.
    Hi again sailakfan,

I just noticed why the prices are lower,the marketing assistance went to 2,000. My luck,lol. Oh well. I was told by various dealers that the 2012 Japan built RX I bought,with the packages I wanted was in extremely short supply. If I waited it might have been sold.
    So,I'm still a happy camper.
    The total for this vehicle is a lot less than the BMW X-5, And Porsche Cayenne I was testing and configuring.
    OK, now back to important matters like Yankee baseball.
  • hemi57hemi57 Posts: 11
    edited June 2012
    Hi freddynj, Did you get financing from Lexus or dealer?
    Hi hemi 57,

I did get the 0.9% from Lexus, I opted for 48 months. Still a little ticked off that I missed the extra 1,000 marketing from Lexus, but I know that if I waited till now or later ,the RX I bought would have been sold.

So it's off to AC with my Wife to see if I can make up the 1K!
    Yeah,right.
    Hello freddynj,

That was a good decision and doesn't matter what you paid as after a while we tend to forget the money we spent in the past. I am really happy for you to found something you wanted for a lot lesser. I did not mean to say you paid more, as soon as I saw your original post wanted to share what SoCal dealers where offering and if you have not bought yet and since you are already in the west coast might want to give a shot.

As far as my deal still have not worked out anything yet and once it is finalized will keep everybody posted.

Have fun with the new toy!
    sailakfan,

Good luck with your deal. My RX is on it's way. The fees at the dealer in Cali was inexpensive, only $55.00 doc fees, mud flaps installed were over 225.00 cheaper than here in Jersey, also all security etching with the plan was thrown in for good measure, so it was close to $6,000 off when I add those in.
    Some dealers are asking way too much for doc fees,be aware.
    Can't wait till the RX I bought will be in my driveway(next Monday).
    Hi freddynj, I am looking for a similar vehicle (nav+comfort) and prices here in Michigan are more than NJ and not too many color choices. I worked with pleasanton lexus who quoted $5k off but didn't want to provide any financing. Is it possible to give me the sales associate name that dealt with. You can also mail me to byreddyb @ hotmail

Thanks
    edited June 2012
    Hello Hemi57,
    I am working with Escondido and got almost 2K less than Serramonte and Keyes. I did not go the personally and completed the deal over the phone and signed the papers via FedEx. The doc fee was $55 and another $10 some for something else which I have to go home and look at. Also I got 0.9% for 60 months from Escondido instead of 48% from Serramonte. I might pay it off sooner but with such a low apr might not as well. Let me know so that you can compare both Serramonte and Escondido.

This forum had been great and thanks to everybody.
    Hi sailakfan, Do you mind sending the sales person name and number. Does 7k off include any loyality discount?
    Thanks
    Sailakfan,

Great deal, I'm jealous. Not really. I bought my RX-350 that I wanted believe it or not for five years! I wish I waited a week to get near 7k or more off,but I chanced losing my J built.
    If I didn't want the "home country" build,I was going to wait since there is a ton of 2012's out there,but very few Japan built.

I don't understand how some posters stated that the Cali dealers weren't letting them finance at 0.9%?
    The 0.9,48 months is good for me,I don't like stretching the loan beyond the warranty date.

Again,excellent deal sailakfan, and good hunting Hemi57.
    Thanks to Edmunds for this fantastic forum.
    Sailakfan,

What state are you shipping your RX to? My transport cost was $1,495. It seemed competitive. They quoted me almost $2,200 for enclosed. I passed on enclosed. I'll just have to give the crossover a bath when I get it.

I forgot to mention that Serramonte let me put $5,000 on my Lexus rewards Visa,which gave me $250.00 reward bucks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,105
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Hello freddyj,
    I do believe as this is for my wife and she too had wanted this for almost five some years. :)

Exactly, I too do not worry on a closed deal, like you said if we wait then the vehicle we wanted might not be available and worth paying a little premium which will be forgotten after a while. The incentives might be $2000 but really could not tell how it will be in conjunction with the $5000 off they had already so do not sweat over it. Have fun.
    How do you know where your car is build?
    If it has an accent, then it is Japan build. Just kidding, if the VIN starts with a J it is Japan and 2 is Canada.
    Lol. Thanks. That's easy. Guess I got a Canadian built one. Still loving it though
    edited June 2012
    cysd,

MAKE SURE TO WATCH THE VIDEO AT THE END.

As far as I am concerned Lexus is a Lexus and if I got a better price it really does not matter. I have had my Toyota Rav4 2010 for almost 3 years and it is a Canadian built and never thought Japan built is superior. But may be these grapes are sour, lol, my point is if you have a Japan build you have the psychological peace of mind.

BTW, the Canadian factory won J.D Power's initial quality study award last year.

The following are from another forum but will give an insight for yourself and someone shopping in the future and I am not violating any forum rules here.

Three assembly plants receive Platinum Plant Quality Awards (in a three-way tie) for producing models yielding the fewest defects and malfunctions: the Toyota Motor Corporation Cambridge South, Ontario, Canada, plant (which produces the Lexus RX); the Toyota Motor Corporation Kyushu 2, Japan, plant (which produces the Lexus ES, IS and RX); and the Honda Motor Company plant in Greensburg, Ind. (which produces the Civic). These plants average just 24 PP100. Plant awards are based solely on average levels of defects and malfunctions and exclude design-related problems. (JDPower)

Based on this I would say that the Canadian plant is putting out an excellent product. The Japanese plant basicly builds Hybrids and European cars. I would think that Lexus would strive for consistant standards worldwide. You never hear "My X-Car that was built in Lexington Kentucky is a lemon", its just "My X-Car sucks"

Your RX350 whether it's from Canada or Japan will be the most respectful SUV on the road. The only difference is, those built in Japan gets you FREE sushi every Friday night. Serious answer though, I don't think it matters where, since Quality control should be the same regardless where it's manufactured.

Watch this video about the Canadian factory

Canadian Lexus RX 350 Factory at Cambridge, Ontario Fascinating Video

So already owners whether it is a J or a 2 it really does not matter and enjoy your ride. :)
  • jimxojimxo Posts: 423
    Nice post.
    When the factory incentive was $1000 I was offered $6300 off msrp without the loyalty discount as this will be my first lexus.
    Sailakfan,,

Congrats to you and all on this forum on the great deals for the 2012's.
    My RX should be here in an hour or so. I agree with all of you whether it's J or C built it's still a fine Lexus.
    It was strictly my preference, and I paid more for it.
    I liked the way the 2013 RX looks,especially the LED drl's. I didn't like how they don't have the adaptive front lighting system with the HID's on the 2013, so that was a big plus in my decision to purchase the 2012.
    I drive a lot of back roads as well as dark two lane highway,so it will be beneficial for me.
    Again, thanks to all! Happy motoring!
  • thepostmanthepostman Posts: 49
    Let us know how the delivery turned out.
    Hi all,

I did get my new RX last night right before dark. With my Wife's help we scrutinized every square inch of the vehicle. Perfect condition.Dusty, but no problems on it. Everything that I was promised on the RX was on it(change to Michelins instead of the Dunlops, even a bottle of touch up paint,hope I'll never need it.).
    I'm off today.Just as I'm taking the RX out of my garage to wash it starts raining hard with thunder and lightning. Oh well,it will have to wait till Saturday. The transport company Hanover(based in Vermont) were great.The driver was excellent,had my Lexus on top,so no drips of oil from other vehicles,it was also in the middle,so not a lot of bugs or grime was on it,just road dust.
    Now to take three days to read the encyclopedia sized manuals.LOL.
    I'll probably be posting in another popular Lexus forum,maybe talk to you all there as well.
    Hi freddynj, Congratulations and enjoy your RX
    Hello freddynj,

Congrats and have fun with the vehicle. The stressfull part of the buying out of state, shipping, has gone smooth for you. Have fun.
  • chughmanishchughmanish Posts: 7
    edited June 2012
    Hi

One of the dealer in San Francisco bay area quoting 40800/- for below RX Config:

Year: 2010
    Lexus Model: 2010 AWD
    Miles: 20092
    CPO: Yes, 3 years 100,000 Miles
    Packages: Comfort, Towing Prep, Premium, Navigation, Lexus Enform with SOS, 19" wheels, Rain sensing Wipers, Wheel Locks, Cargo Net, Parking Assist, Bi Xenon HID, Heated and Ventilated Seats, Power Back Door, Cross Bars, 3 Month XM
    Color: Cereliun Blue
    Previous Owners: Single
    Was Leased: Y

Is this a good deal? How much lower this dealer you think can go to?

Appreciate your help.