Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I am in the market for an 2013 RX 350 AWD with Comfort, navigation and premium package. The MSRP is $49,545. The dealer's offer is $44,500. I can probably negotiate down to $44,000. Is this a good deal or should I wait for Model End Clearance?
    I am not in a hurry to buy now.
  • That sounds like a very good deal to me. I think I would grab that one before they change their mind.
  • nimiminimimi Posts: 249
    In reviewing the 2013 RX350 on the Lexus site, the premium/luxury packages all come with the 19" wheel option. They include a footnote that says the low profile tires get less than 15,000 miles on a set. Is that right? If I choose the options that include these 19" wheels and tires will I be locked into replacing the tires every year?

Does anyone have first-hand experience with this?
  • saz25saz25 Posts: 152
    If they offered $44,500, I certainly would not offer $44,000. I would go for $43,000. You can certainly do better than $44,000 on this specific package.

Also, refuse to pay any documentation fees. Insist !!

Good luck.
    Steve
  • I offered $43000 but they said that they have never seen RX sell that low. Maximum lexus incentives they have seen is $2000 which happens in summer and by that time prices will be $500 up. There has been a price increase on RX this year.

They only have one RX in their lot with the "old price" in the color combination I want. I hope it doesn't get sold !

Other dealers in the area are not going lower than $46500.

Will $43500 be a good deal?
    Yes, I would take $43,500. That's part of the reason to offer $43,000.

Another thing I have always said is to never believe anything a sales rep says. I mean nothing.

Depending on option packages it it certainly possible to get an RX350 for $43,000.

I always shop around but usually on the phone. I almost never walk into the dealership until we agree on a price over the phone.

Having said that, if you are in an area with one (or few) Lexus dealers, it makes negotiating difficult.

In my case, I shopped with 5 Lexus dealers.
    Steve
  • nissanznissanz Posts: 21
    edited February 2013
    Dealers are not an issue.. there are atleast 10 within 2 hr drive. I have talked to 4 so far.. and 3 of them quoted $46500-$47000. Only 1 quoted $44500. Also this includes destination and delivery charge.

Will try for $43000-43500. If it doesn't work, will try in July when 0.9% will be offered.

Thanks again for your advice !
  • it would be nice deal. would you please share the dealer's name for the one quoted $44500? Thanks.
  • deewlaydeewlay Posts: 3
    edited February 2013
    Hello all....New to this forum, but looking to see if i can get some advice. I'm looking into purchasing a 2013 RX350 AWD with the following:

* CP Comfort Pkg: Xenon HID Headlamps, Rain-sensing Wipers, Driver/Passenger Heated & Ventilated Seats
    * EK 12-spkr Premium Audio Pkg: Single DVD/CD Player, HD Radio w/iTunes tagging & 12-spkr Audio Sys
    * FT 19" Aluminum Alloy Wheels with All-Season Tires
    * NV Navigation System w/Voice Command, Backup Camera, Lexus Enform screen multimedia display & Lexus Enform with Destination Assist and eDestination, App Suite, SiriusXM NavTraffic, NavWeather, Stocks Sports & Fuel prices (1-year trial subscription included)
    * PA Intuitive Parking Assist
    * PD Premium Package w/Blind Spot Monitor System: Leather Trim Interior, Blind Spot Monitor System, One-Touch Open/Close Moonroof, Power-folding Electrochromic Heated Outside Mirrors, Driver's Seat/Steering/Mirror Memory-3 settings, Roof Rails
    * TO Towing Prep Pkg: Transmission Cooler, Heavy Duty Alternator/Radiator (does not include ball mount)
    * WU Wood & Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel & Shift Knob
    * Z1 Cargo Mat, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks & Key Gloves

Price as quoted was $45,600 + tax and license, and they said there's a $1k rebate currently being offered through LFS that brings it to $44,600.

It seems like a good price, but I just wanted to double check.

Btw, I'm located in Northern California.

Thanks!
  • What was the MSRP?
  • msrp was $50,930.
  • That looks like a good price, though the LFS rates are not the best in market now. I am working on a similar deal too with my dealer and looking around $6500 off MSRP. Will settle close to $6000 off MSRP if the dealer agrees. That seems like a good deal according to the advice I got from this forum.

My credit union is offering 1.9% on new cars for 60 months
  • nissanz,

where are you located? could you share the name of your dealer?

seven
  • cwaynecwayne Posts: 81
    The 19 in. dunlop tires on my 2010 were going to be replaced at about 22-24 thousand miles before I traded for a 2013 with the same tires.
    you can replace the tires with much higher millage tires. go to "tire rack" on the net and research the tire that they offer.
  • ajb723ajb723 Posts: 48
    I'm nearing the end of my lease of 2010 RX350- car is in excellent shape with only 19k miles. Purchase price is 28,900 which sounds reasonable. My quibble is witht e "inception and document fees" whic total about $700. This sounds over-inflated and a rip off. Payment of tax is inevitable and unavoidable, but are these other fees negotiable?
    Absolutely. Tell the sales rep that those fees are a deal breaker.
    Always insist on no fees.

I always do that. It works most of the time. You gotta be firm.
    Steve
  • I am gonna close the deal today on the RX, negotiated price to $43000 (MSRP - $50625) and they have my favorite color combo (Stargazer black/Saddle). The negotiated price includes $1000 finance cash to finance through LFS. If LFS doesn't match my credit union rate, I will finance with them now and refinance with my credit union within a month

Is that possible or LFS has a prepayment penalty? Will they revoke $1000 finance cash if payoff is done in a month?

Thanks.
  • wow, 15% of msrp!!! can you share the dealer name please? thanks.
  • I will post the dealer name as soon as the deal is complete. Don't want to give false information here. Will confirm if there are no hidden costs involved

Btw, there are not doc fees at this dealer. I didn't even have to ask !
  • from what the dealerships are telling me, there is no prepayment penalty...so you could sign up for a loan through LFS, and then pay it all off the following month.

question - i heard from ONE dealership that you just have to finance through LFS for the $1K rebate, but others are telling me that you have to previously have owned a lexus vehicle for the $1K rebate...

any clarification?
  • nissanznissanz Posts: 21
    edited February 2013
    Okay so as expected got a rate of 3.9 for 60 months ... It's by far the worst rate I got.. Credit score pulled up as 797. No negotiations possible on rate

Good news is LFS doesn't have any pre payment penalty though I have to wait for 2-4 weeks for account to set up

I think I will go with LFS now and refinance later

Can you Let me know if there are any cons to it
  • Okay so as expected got a rate of 3.9 for 60 months ... It's by far the worst rate I got.. Credit score pulled up as 797. No negotiations possible on rate

Good news is LFS doesn't have any pre payment penalty though I have to wait for 2-4 weeks for account to set up

I think I will go with LFS now and refinance later

Can you Let me know if there are any cons to it
  • Of the 6 dealers I talked to only one talked about loyalty bonus. Its not really a loyalty bonus, 1K rebate if you own a luxury car like mercedes, audi, bmw etc

My dealer didn't mentioned about it. He only talked about the LFS incentive. It worked for me as I do not qualify for the loyalty bonus anyways

Hope this helps
  • adizzadizz Posts: 1
    Did you get your deal done? The negotiated price you mentioned is lesser than invoice price and I was wondering if thats something the dealers would reject right off the bat (going lower than invoice price).

My dealer quoting me 47418 for the same car. The true market value was 47635 so i thought i was getting a nicer deal. Your deal is sweeter.
    Could you let us know where you bought this from.
    You should never pay invoice price or above. I never ever have on any car.
    Always less than invoice. I bought my 2013 RX 3 months ago for more than $1500 under invoice. And it wasn't only one dealer agreeing to that. I could get that from all of them. It was just that some dealers would go lower than others.

It's all about technique. You need to act like you're controlling the negotiation.
    Good luck.
    Steve
  • I guess I'm not that good in negotioating because I spoke with 3 dealers in the NJ area ant best I got was $250 below invoice. Can you provide any insight on your methods. Thanks.
    The key is to not ask them for a price quote. You go in with knowledge of the cost figures, invoice, hold-backs, incentives, etc. Then you tell them I will pay xxx for the car with xyz options/packages/features.

Also, do not budge on your price. Do not go up even if they come down.

Once you ask them for a price, I find, you are doomed.
    Steve
  • Thanks. Where do you find out the information about hold-backs? I can get the info for current incentives and the invoice price from this site but don't know anything about hold-backs. I contacted a dealer and told him I would buy today if he gave me a price I wanted to pay, which was $1,500 below invoice. He said the deal doesn't make economic sense and let me walk away. The best he gave me was $250 below invoice. Appreciate your advice.
  • Yes, I got the deal done. I didn't want to let it go as he was the only dealer who had the color combo I wanted.
    OTD with tax title and reg was $45804. I got 3.9% APR though. They said thats the best rate from LFS. I am planning to refinance it next month.

$47418 is not a good price for the RX. I could get prices as low as $45500 even without negotiation. Call a couple of dealers and tell them that others have got deal close to $44000 and they will beat it. I submitted an online request to all dealers in the area. All of them called, some didn't even want to negotiate. If you stick to your price, they will call you.

Good luck !
  • I called up one dealer and he said he couldn't do less than 47000. Infact after 30 mins of haggling and trying to explain to me the politics and economy he let me go. I was insisting on 46000 but he wouldn't budge.

I have another dealer who is stuck at 46,900. I am trying to convince him as well but so far it didn't do any good. The MSRP is 50,160 and I am talking about a lease offer.

The dealer is about 6 hours away from where i live, and he offered me that he would bring the car to a middle point (such that my drive is 3 hours instead) but wouldn't reduce the price.

Any ideas???