Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• saz25saz25 Posts: 152
    Hi,
    One of the best places to get the numbers is here on Edmunds. You can get the invoice price for the model (with options) you want.

Hold back numbers are here:
    http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/dealer-holdback/

You shouldn't mention hold back in your discussions with the sales rep, but certainly use it to determine what price you want to offer.

When you search on Edmunds for new cars, in the results box, there is a heading called "MORE". Under that you will see a selection called "Incentives". Factor those in to your price target as well regardless as to whether you qualify. These are buckets of money from the manufacturer which the dealer can draw from. Again, no need to mention them per se, but reduce your target price by them.

Hope this helps.
    Steve
  • s24ws24w Posts: 19
    I finally sealed a deal I felt good about on an AWD with blind spot & back up camera. :)

I was able to get it for no higher than invoice and received a great MF .0004 (with excellent credit), 58% residual on 36 months and under $1,000 to sign and drive. Could I have fought tooth and nail for more reductions? Or waited until the end of the month? Maybe, but in my area it's just not common to see the super 12-15% off generous discounts floating out there. I was ready to get the new vehicle and bring it home at a fair price, not necessarily a major, in-your-face steal.

I shopped three other dealers, two of which were the closest to me and one that was out of state. I only had to travel a little over an hour to get the deal. I dealt with all dealers over the phone and through e-mail (except for the first where I test drove), so I mainly built a relationship with each dealer over the course of a number of days to a couple of weeks, asking lots of questions and just being interested about various models and what the numbers were, until I was offered the best deal and decided to take it after just a touch of negotiating downward. The internet department contact seems to be a great way to start out, depending on how the dealership is set up.
    I tried different approaches including boldly presenting a low ball amount of what I wanted to pay & pick up the vehicle same day, but that just wasn't effective. I didn't have a vehicle nor time to drive around and spend all sorts of time in dealerships with the sales people. But I was able to get a deal through phone and e-mail correspondence that in the end sat well with me. I gave each of them a chance to get to know me a little on the phone and described what I was looking for, and I think that was a genuine approach. Good luck to all of you still shopping and happy hunting!
  • veklyvekly Posts: 1
    Just bought a RX350 AWD

MSRP $41060
    Premium package $ 8720
    All weather cargo mat $ 105
    Cargo net envelope $ 59
    Wheel locks $ 81

Total $50935

Actual Paid: $47935

Also got a credit of $1500 for lease credit.

Came across this forum after I bought. Hope I did ok.
  • snowman22snowman22 Posts: 109
    You did well. The national average is what you paid. Let the nay Sayers begin. They always think they can do better than anyone else. None of them have any credence. They just love to make believe. Could you have done a bit better --sure-- could you have done a lot worse--you bet your life you could have. So be happy with your vehicle and your price paid. You did just fine.
  • Hi all

I m in Houston. Get a offer for rx350 fwd fully loaded including navigation and everything. The offer is 45900. Should I go for it.

Thanks
  • Hi all

I m in Houston. Get a offer for rx350 fwd fully loaded including navigation and everything. The offer is 45900. Should I go for it.

Thanks
    Ps the invoice is 46700
    I would but only if there is no documentation fee. If there is, I'd subtract the doc fee from the offer.

I almost always fight to eliminate doc fees. It works for me most of the time.
    Steve
  • Thanks Steve
    OTD is about 49000 including 6.25% tax, 119 registration and 130 ducument.
    I don't want to fight against them with a ridiculous reduced offer. So u think it is a good offer. Any cutting down space?
    If your msrp is around $48k you did pretty good--couple hundred over but still good deal.
  • I'm also looking for a reasonable price on a new 2013 RX 350 here in Houston. Could you recommend a dealer in the area? The one I dealt with recently didn't won't to budge off the MSRP.

Try Lansing or Ann Arbor. I think they are owned by same people, so whichever one is closer, you could try.
    edited August 2013
    For those of you who have their minds set on only walking away with a steal, decide how much you really want the vehicle and how much time you have to invest into haggling. For me, I only wanted white for the color and I really wanted the blind-spot monitoring (due to the aerodynamic design of the vehicle, windows, and some of the reviews I read). Availability wasn't that great here and one of the dealers wanted to charge me $695 to go locate one. I knew for my peace of mind, it would be wise to have the blind spot option. It's a bummer that it's not standard like on other competing models. When I first started pricing out the vehicle in my market, I found that they just aren't handing out the discounts anywhere close to invoice. They would take off $2500 from MSRP (including the $1500 lease cash) and stayed pretty adamant about their pricing, even when I said hey, I'll pay you x amount and pick up vehicle that day. In the end, the deal I received on an all wheel drive was better than the front wheel drive quotes with reductions others were offering in my nearest market. My lease payment is LESS on the AWD than the FWD others quoted me. And it was less than the out of state AWD deal. I received a higher % off MSRP, about 10%. Also, for what it's worth, I priced out the Buick Enclave including all of the eligible GM rebates and discounts I was eligible for and it would have cost me more than the Lexus deal I scored! To me, there's something to be said about that. :-) If you aren't picky about color or packages, then wait it out and see what you can get. We are expecting another child in the next few weeks and are moving, so we couldn't hold things off for too much longer. I enjoyed the drive home from the dealer where I purchased it from and did find the blind spot feature very helpful when on the freeway.
  • icarosicaros Posts: 1
    Hi everyone. I a new to leasing and I am not sure how to figure out if I received a good lease price.
    I was quoted today for a 2013 rx350 49650 msrp. 564 a month for a 33 month lease 15000 miles a year. First month and 67 dollars for dmv plate transfer out of pocket only. Everything else rolled into payments. Basically the car has everything except the blind spot detection.

Please let me know if this sounds like. Good deal. I called 10 dealers and this was the cheapest.

Thank you
  • karhill1karhill1 Posts: 111
    But average does reveal many really did pay less. Clearly paying average likely means money was left on the table. Why settle for average when better is available?
    In my humble opinion you did well. Your key was almost nothing out of pocket. But let me add----- end of year pricing. Sept. could lower down money more than current. Also-- Dec. to remember "late Nov." could even be better. That's if you want to wait that long. Your current offer is fine. No money out of pocket is the best way to lease.
  • css1css1 Posts: 247
    I'm picking this up next Friday,

2013 RX 350 F sport w/Nav, BSM, and Park assist - Obsidian
    (August build)

MSRP: 52,290
    sold for: 47,600 (9% off list)
    $1,500 lease rebate
    $1,000 dealer cash
    12K/yr @ $487/mo for 27 months.......718 due at signing
    $513. /mo if I roll it in

This is not the best deal but I purchased my wife's IS from them without issue.

Mostly everyone has done well here - Enjoying your ride is all that counts
  • i have already finalized my deal. much lower than this price. actually i usually doubted the price quoted on-line. i was told this was a good deal. but it is NOT ALL. i thought some people on this forum might be on dealer's side.

you know what i mean!!

i was relocated to Houston by my company, and yes, i am new to us and houston. i found sales in US "did really great job".

so, real buyers, if u read my post here, do not believe the price that u r told here. DO cut down the money as reasonable you think (of course, not that ridiculous price). good luck!
  • VEHICLE INQUIRY REPORT DATE: 08/28/13
    # PERFORMANCE FEATURES
    * 3.5 Liter 270HP Four Cam 24-Valve V6 Engine
    with Variable Valve Timing (VVT-i)
    * 6-Sp Automatic Transmission w/"Snow Mode"
    * Electric Power Rack-and-Pinion Steering
    * 4-Wheel Power Assisted Ventilated Front & Solid
    * Rear Disc Brakes
    * 18" Aluminum Alloy Wheels
    # SAFETY FEATURES
    * Dual Advanced Front Airbags, Driver & Passenger
    Knee Airbag, Front & Rear Side Curtain Airbags
    Front & Rear Seat Mounted Side Airbags
    * 3-Point Safety Belts for All Seating Positions
    * Front and Rear Outboard Seat Belt Pretensioners
    w/Froce Limiters, Fr Manual Height Adj. Anchors
    * Front Active Headrests
    * 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) with
    Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), Brake
    Assist (BA) / Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
    * Smart Stop Technology
    * Energy Managing Crumple Zones, Side Door Beams
    * Vehicle Theft-Deterrent Sys w/Engine Immobilizer
    * Automatic On/Off Headlamps / Integrated Fog Lamps
    * LED Daytime Running Lamps (DRL)
    * Safety Connect: Automatic Collision Notification,
    Stolen Vehicle Location, Emergency Assist Button
    (SOS), and Enhanced Roadside Assistance
    (1-year trial subscription included)
    * Variable Intermittent Front Wipers
    * Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    Tool Kit and First Aid Kit
    # LUXURY AND CONVENIENCE FEATURES
    * Lexus Premium Audio System, Automatic Sound
    Levelizer (ASL), In-Glass Antenna with
    FM Diversity System, USB iPOD/MP3 Control,
    Bluetooth Technology, SiriusXM Satelite
    Radio (90-day trial subscription included)
    * Auto Dual Zone Climate Control Sys w/Rear Vents
    * 10-Way Power Driver''s & Front Passenger''s Seats
    * Power Tilt-and-Telescopic Steering Column
    * Height Adjustable Headrests for All Seats
    * Reclining/Sliding 40/20/40 Split Rear Seat
    * 3-Spoke Steering Wheel with Audio Controls
    * Cruise Control
    * Power Windows w/One-Touch Auto Open/Close Feature
    * Power Back Door
    * Lexus Homelink Universal Transceiver
    * SmartAccess Passive Entry System
    * Rear Black Privacy Glass/Integrated Rear Spoiler
    * Genuine Wood Interior Trim
    * LCD Screen for Ventilation, Audio Settings
    * Multi-Information Display with Lexus Personalized
    Settings, Trip Computer & Outside Temp Display
    * Tonneau Cover
    * Carpeted Floor Mats

12-spkr Premium Audio Pkg: Single DVD/CD Play
    HD Radio w/iTunes tagging & 12-spkr Audio Sys
    19" Aluminum Alloy Wheels with All-Season Tir
    Heated and Ventilated Front Seats ..........
    Navigation Sys w/Voice Command, Backup Camera
    Lexus Enform w/Destination Assist and ......
    eDestination, App Suite, SiriusXM NavTraffic,
    NavWeather, Stocks Sports & Fuel prices (1-ye
    trial subscription included) ...............
    Intuitive Parking Assist ...................
    Premium Package Includes: Leather Trim Interi
    One-Touch Open/Close Moonroof, Power-folding
    Electrochromic Heated Outside Mirrors, Driver
    Seat/Steering/Mirror Memory-3 settings .....
    Wood & Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel & Shift
    Cross Bars .................................
    Cargo Mat, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks & Key Glove ---------
    Total .......................................: $ 48359.00

What should I offer for this vehicle? Someone please give me some ballpark numbers
  • texasrntexasrn Posts: 6
    Did you end up purchasing from them? I got a quote for a similarly equipped 350 with nav, comfort and premium pkg with blind spot monitor & park assist for 46680. Do you think it's a good deal? Not sure if you had the extra items in your quote. Thanks.
  • Hey is 46680 out the door price?
    Ok---I assume the $48,359 is the dealer quote to you. The msrp would be around $52,000. So all,things considered your price is slightly under invoice. With that said---it is late in the year. New models don't come out for this division until Feb. March at the early end. But---Sept. price deals backed by factory could be better than August. And---Dec. to remember could even be better. Do you want to wait and save $1,000-1,500. Or drive the vehicle you really want--right now.Your price is a good price. But I would wait about a few weeks just to see how things play out. Wait at least until the new deals come out in Sept. short wait could save a few bucks. Good luck
  • texasrntexasrn Posts: 6
    Includes destination fee, but not TT&L.
  • rkld273rkld273 Posts: 3
    Hi, I am looking to purchase a RX Hybrid FWD , sticker price is 55K, I am wondering if anyone has a view on how much I might be able to negotiate with the dealer. Carsdirect and TrueCar estimates are about 10% off the MSRP. I live in Georgia.
    Any insights would be much appreciated.
  • I see people talking about buying it like 45-46k so I am sure that price is not a good deal.
  • ns12ns12 Posts: 3
    Hey Guys,
    I am completely new to this forum and went through few threads/discussions about RX 350 as I was in the market for the same. I just pulled the trigger on RX 350 (Pre owned and certified) that has 14k miles. It has all belts and whistles (premium pkg, cold weather, navi etc..). I paid around 38k+tax+title and fees. OTD price was 41K. I am in MA.

Is this a good deal..?

Any response would be appreciated,

NS
  • ns12ns12 Posts: 3
    But I got it for 41K out the door. Isn't that better than 45k or 46k..? Pardon my ignorance if I didn't get your statement correctly
  • I'm asking about 2014 rx 350 brand new. So a little different story here.
  • First off what year RX. Also I assume your out the door price of 41K is your total price with tax and all,fee's. if it's a 2013 AWD you did excellent. 2012 you did just fine. 2011 just average. Anything older--I don't believe it is--- you paid more than you should have. Don't worry about the price. Just enjoy it.
    Hi
    As most experienced car buyers always say, when determining your price, you need to factor in invoice price, holdbacks, all current dealer incentives, etc.

Then you tell the dealer your price.

And most of all, be in control of the process and don't believe anything the sales rep says.

Most of the info you need can be found on edmunds.com.
    End of month is always to the buyers advantage.
    Steve
  • There is only so much the dealer can do at the end of the month. Wait another few days and see what factory offers--those are the best deals---are put forth. Boo birds will always tell you you can do better. Correct to a very limited extent. Factory offers are and always will be the best deal possible. Ya--you might shave off a couple bucks or get a few perks with service expenditures--- but that's about it. Now get ready for everyone to tell me I'm wrong and the fantastic deals they all got--- don't believe it.