Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cap58cap58 Posts: 32
    They actually sent me a copy of the window sticker. And I was able to get the vehicle to the stated price using the spreadsheet that had been posted on this forum a few months back. Here are the options on the car:

2010 Lexus 350 AWD with options: C1, CP, EK, NV, PA, PM, TO V3, WL and WU.

This brings up an MSRP of $48441. The invoice comes to $43245 (using this tool). Truecar.com lists the dealer cost as $43528. The dealer is claiming $43722 and is willing to show me their invoice. What I don't know, is what is included in their invoice to account for that $500 difference, and is it something I should go after?
  • cap58cap58 Posts: 32
    Heard from a salesperson at Lexus of Watertown that they had $1000 dealer incentive coupons, but he doubted they would last past the weekend. Of course, he was just trying to get me to come in then and purchase. I reminded him it would be an out of state purchase for me, so I wasn't going to be in over the weekend. Have not heard back. Has anyone else heard of dealer incentive cash out there? Other than this one correspondance with Watertown, I haven't heard of any additional incentives out there. The dealers still have a lot of cars in stock and appear to still be getting some in.
  • zin22zin22 Posts: 15
    So for $3000-ish you wouldn't just buy a knew one???
    Sorry I don't get on the site that often. You could have emailed me I will give you all the facts right down the line.
    What he said. The 9.5% is a guide because I got that so perhaps you should shoot for 10% but don't show your hand only say a price and don't budge. I feel that 9.5% is very close to invoice due to my research and when I asked for an email that they excepted my offer and also something that would show me all my options they sent me a copy of their invoice sheet and it showed they made $150.00 over invoice according to that sheet. Of course other incentives ,rebates, end of season buying must all be taken into consideration.
  • rick9194rick9194 Posts: 50

It's hard to say what a good price is reading the reports on the board. Many people, myself included, have paid around invoice price. Thats about what your offer looks like.

Then several people have reported some incredible deals, 2k plus under invoice, mostly in the NJ NY area.

I believe when I bought my car, about a month ago in VA, I got the best price that could be negotiated. I paid about 43,500 on an MSRP of 48,400. The dealers (5) I was working with were selling them as fast as they could get them in.

I noticed one guy on the board was going to drive from Ohio (I think) to NJ to get one of the great deals. To be honest I was questioning some of the deals reported, based on my personal experience. I guess the prices can vary that much from one area to another. Some of the "great deal" reports read like BS, but some seem legit.

Test you dealer out, make a lower offer and walk for a couple of days. E mail some of the dealers offering the super discounts. Maybe it would be worth the drive for you.

I found a deal out of my area (state) for about 1k less than my local dealer. I finally decided it wasn't worth the inconvienience for 1k. For 3k, I would have used a weekend to go get the car.

My wife loves the car

Good luck 94 ... let us know what happens
  • The problem I faced is that several dealers in the Washington/Oregon/california area will not sell a new RX to Canadians. They will sell me a low mileage used one but not new. I believe Toyota/Lexus is trying to protect their dealer network in Canada. I look at it this way, in 5 years, my RX will be worth only slightly less that a 2011. In Canada, the RX that I bought will be priced at about $59,000. new. In the past, Toyota or Lexus in Canada would not budge from their full list price. They would only offer a lower rate of financing near the end of the model year. Even though my RX has some miles on it, I will still have lots of warranty and will get the same satisfaction as if it were brand new.
    Cheers,
    JB
  • Thanks for your insight.

Anyone else think my deal is a good one or can I do better?

PLEASE?
  • amsnyamsny Posts: 2
    ahnarchi, thanks for posting. I am looking to purchase an RX350 AWD with "B" package (nav, heated / cooled seats, etc.). Watertown looks to be giving the best deals, although I live in NYC. MSRP is around $47,125, and from what I see here and being this late in the season for a 2010, Watertown should be willing to take close to $41K or less. Did you just cold call them or were you referred to a specific salesperson?
  • amsnyamsny Posts: 2
    tbartman, congrats on your new car. When you said that you paid around 7K below MSRP, am I to understand that you were able to be out the door around 41K or under in an AWD with nav? I am looking to purchase (ASAP) a 2010 RX350 AWD with nav and it is worth my drive to MA if they were nice to deal with and the MSRP on the one I am looking at is $47,125, which would bring it to about $40,125 plus tax (I'm out of state anyway). Can you confirm this please and also did you just walk in or were you referred to a specific salesperson? Thanks in advance for your help.
  • I simply called the dealership, got connected with a salesperson and was quoted a price of 38.5k for package A. They called me back a week later saying they could potentially do even better.

I'm hoping Seattle area dealers will come close to this price to save me the hassle of shipping a car across country.
  • 2stones2stones Posts: 3
    I'm planning to purchase a '10 RX350 within the next couple of weeks. Looking at MSRP $43,850 in Texas. (Premium, VentSeats,ParkingAsst, Camera, etc) I will be buying this one alone without my husband; he's ill with cancer treatment. And I do not want to be taken advantage of. Is $38K realistic, or I can I do better? Last Lexus we purchased years ago got 8K off MSRP of 44K. Would splurge for nav and comfort if deal was really good. It's August and web shows lots of inventory. Help:)
  • smehrsmehr Posts: 2
    I really like the 2008 as long as it's got nav and the wood. But I don't want over 30k miles. What's a good price (not including fees)??? Thanks :confuse:
  • kr_123kr_123 Posts: 2
    I think it is a fair deal.

I bought an RX350 ---- (premium package - no nav) w/ vented seats, cross bars,tow prep,reverse camera in mirror, wooden trip on steering and shift ---- in Bay Area,California this past weekend. Two dealers quoted the same price - $38K , I went into one and told him that the other dealer was quoting a lower price... they dint budge.... so I walked out ... I dint get a call till the next day... I went to the other dealer and bought the car for $38K

Couple of other dealers quoted 1K more. So unless you can wait longer and find out - I would say 38K is a fair deal
  • It would take an incredible deal for me to buy a courtesy vehicle. Having worked at a dealership, I KNOW what customers did to courtesy vehicles and I'll tell you, there was NO courtesy involved at all. People beat the crap out of them and there is no regular maintenance you can do to take those kind of hard miles off those cars...
  • w100w100 Posts: 1
    Dear Friend,

I would like to buy a RX 350 this week. Can you please advise which dealership I can get the price ($38K, with the options) you have mentioned here?

Thank you for your help!

Wayne
  • pat118pat118 Posts: 4
    I want to know it too. ANy body could please help. Thanks.

Who is the dealer?
  • pat118pat118 Posts: 4
    edited August 2010
    Michael, could you please tell me how to contact the sales? Thanks.
  • Lexus of Watertown, MA will do this. Just call and ask for Tanju.
  • wangjewangje Posts: 2
    Both my friend and I are looking for new 2010 RX350 deal in San Francisco bay area. With closing two deals, we hope to get $7000 below MSRP. If anyone can recommend a dealer who got similar deal for them, please let me know. Many Thanks!