Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• the MSRP was 49,800...i will take the deal at 44,000. Like i said..i was shooting for close to 12% of MSRP. Did you get better than 12 %?
  • newrxnewrx Posts: 2
    Hello , Trying to finalize the deal on RX 350 FWD , with premium package & NAV and 19inc wheels , I m first time lexus buyer , MSRP is at $49K , with some negatations it got down to $45.5 exculding taxes , he applied only $500 certificate , i know lots of folks talking about 2 certificates ? for 2k what are those ?

Is this a good price ??
  • dotbowelsdotbowels Posts: 43
    edited December 2012
    I bought one 12/29. I previously owned a Lexus so I qualified for $1K Loyalty Certificate. I financed thru Lexus and got a second certificate for another $1K off. Total $2K Off . Then I started negotiating from there. Hope it goes well for you. Do the best you can and don't let anyone pee on your Cheerios when it is done. :) Dorothy
  • newrxnewrx Posts: 2
    thank you, finalized the deal at $44.5K (MSRP of 49k) , not sure how well i did in negotiating process , Hope i didn't messed up :( , either way its done deal

Thank you for all your help and support
  • lkalka Posts: 9
    I don't know why I haven't read anything about this in any reviews, or on any forums but I hate the RX 350 2013! Hate it!! Let me start by saying that I loved my RX 2010. I turned in my lease thinking I was getting a new and improved RX. Yes, it has some improvements but it has hard seats and a very stiff suspension. This is on the RX 350 non sport model. The sport model must be a horror story. If I wanted this much feedback from the road I would buy a BMW. What was Lexus thinking and why isn't anyone else commenting on this? The seats are very hard, too compared with my 2010. I hate it so much that I've called the dealer to find out what it will cost for me to bring it back and finance my 2010.
  • "#5443 of 5443 Beware of the new RX 350 2013 by lka
    Dec 31, 2012 (1:38 pm)
    I don't know why I haven't read anything about this in any reviews, or on any forums but I hate the RX 350 2013! Hate it!! Let me start by saying that I loved my RX 2010. I turned in my lease thinking I was getting a new and improved RX. Yes, it has some improvements but it has hard seats and a very stiff suspension. This is on the RX 350 non sport model. The sport model must be a horror story. If I wanted this much feedback from the road I would buy a BMW. What was Lexus thinking and why isn't anyone else commenting on this? The seats are very hard, too compared with my 2010. I hate it so much that I've called the dealer to find out what it will cost for me to bring it back and finance my 2010. "

Reallllllllllllly? Did you sit in the car before you bought it and or do an extended test drive? Hope it works out for you.
  • saz25saz25 Posts: 152
    If you think that the ride seems hard try checking the tire pressure. Mine was about 5 PSI above the recommended amount. When I lowered the pressure it made for a smoother ride.
    Steve
    I handled everything over the phone and internet and did not conduct an extensive test drive. This was an enormous mistake. One that I will never repeat. I read extensive reviews about the car online and posts on forums and never read one word about the change in suspension and the hard seats. I wonder if anyone is really testing these cars for the reviews. Are they simply reprinting the press release from Lexus corporate. And, how are folks vetted for participating in forums? How do we know that they are not hired by company PR. Not nice to think about but it is making me doubt some of the positive reviews I read online especially after my experience with the 2013 RX 350.
    Thank you Dotbowels for your wishes that everything works out. Happy New Year to you and your family!! I hope your year is filled with health, happiness and prosperity!!
  • cec7cec7 Posts: 11
    I took my car overnight. Had a little problem with the wind noise but other than that I thought the car was quiet and was a smooth, comfortable ride. First time I have ever owned a Lexus. Also, I have never driven a 2010 RX350 so I can't compare the two.
    I had a 2009 Murano. The Murano had a softer seat than the Lexus and a terrific ride but I like the Lexus just as much.
    I hear your frustration about the Lexus. At age 74 I've made a mistake or two when purchasing new cars but I 'm betting that, as you get use to the drive, you'll come to enjoy it. I know that you will adapt--just give it some time.(BTW-I read my comment to my wife who smiled and said" I sure that exactly what he wants to hear")
  • As another said....check all tires for pressure. Write it down. Also what brand tires are they(that does make a difference).

Then ,look at the placard on the drivers door and read for your size tire, the recommended pressure.

Read this when tires are 'cold'. Take it to Lexus, and have them put the recomended pressure in if it is off the chart.

While at the dealership test DRIVE another new 2013 with similar equipment, and drive it on a couple different roads similar to what you usually drive on. How was that ride ? If much different, find out the size and pressure in those tires .

Drive yours again after driving the test one, and with proper pressure in your tires.

Let us know your results here ?

Hang in there...

I'm on my 4th RX..2005, 2008, 2010, 2012. I recently drove the 2013 over 30 miles, and found it just like my 2012, as both had same size tires and brand.
  • ltunedltuned Posts: 1
    TTL and DOC were NOT included. They wre extra in addition to $45,668. That's why there a "+" sign after $45,668 and TTL and DOC. There's no way you can get this car with MSRP of $51,925 for $45,668 OTD. Hope this helps.
  • Just wanted to share for the benefit of others how much I was offered for a new 2013 rx350 fsport. This was in the southern california area. I had called all dealers and negotiated by phone. I got the price down to 46,500 not including tax and title. MSRP was $52,300. This was during the december to remember promotion. I ended up not getting the it in the end,but felt like this was a decent price. Two dealerships were able to offer me that price but would not budge to go any lower. Hope this helps some of you.
  • Tell us what dealer that was ?

It is allowed here to mentioned the Dealer. It's ok.
  • linkislinkis Posts: 6
    This RX has 3000+ mi & additional package features, what I can gather from description, are the wood trim & mats. Dealer (not Lexus) has it as Retail $49370 & listed at $43690. Went out to dealership to see the vehicle, but it has been taken off the lot (had been there for 50 days) & headed to auction. According to GM, said he could get it back if we were interested. Asked him what other features & said he didn't know. We mentioned price $38000 & he seemed disinterested. Did I make too low of an offer?! :confuse:
  • i am looking to buy 2013 rx 350 rwd, nav, comfort package, luxury package with bkind spot, pre-collison with intutive parking with mrsp of 51690. i live in alabama. who much discount to ask 12% off of mrsp. any help is appreciated

thanks

andy
  • would appreciate any help for rx 350 in alabama and atlanta area.
  • The Lexus dealerships that offered the fsport at 46,500 were the one in beverly hills and cerritos. But in general many of the dealerships in the LA area were willing to sell at 47,000 or a little less. But it did take negotiation.
  • HEY DOTBOWELS..I REALLY WAS IN TOTAL DISBELIEF WHEN I READ YOUR 2013 REVIEW, SINCE I FELT JUST THE OPPOSITE! WE AS WELL TRADED IN A 2010 AND THE SEATS IN IT, WERE VERY HARD AND THE RIDE WAS VERY STIFF. THE 2013 IS SIMPLY AMAZING. SOFT CUSHY RIDE AND VERY COMFORTABLE SEATS. WE DIDNT DRIVE THE 2013 BEFORE WE BOUGHT IT EITHER, BUT WHAT A PLEASANT SURPRIZE. REMINDED US OF OUR PREVIOUS CADDYS.
    I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THEY (LEXUS)TELL YOU. I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THERE ARE DIFFERENT SEATS, BUT HOW DO THEY DETERMINE WHAT CAR THEY PUT THE SOFT SEATS IN?

GOOD LUCK AND HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL.
    JACK
  • THERE IS NO SUCH ANIMAL AS REAR WHEEL DRIVE. I DONT SEE LEXUS DOING 12% OFF THE MSRP. MAYBE 6%.