Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• blarfblarf Posts: 4
    What would be a stellar deal for a new 2013RX 350 with Nav,premium, comfort packages....at this time of the year?
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,041
    edited June 2013
    12 to 15% off dealers msrp

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• beach15beach15 Posts: 1,305
    By law, destination charges are a fixed flat fee. They CANNOT be different to different locations, otherwise dealers would have an unfair pricing advantage vs. others based on location. This is not the case and has never been the case. Dealers cannot legally be charged different amounts than others for a vehicle, period.

The only thing you may see vary between dealers, depending on brand, is the advertising fee from the manufacturer to dealer, based on their specific ad group. Usually in a metro area, they are the same between all dealers.

I have had a few clients ask bizarre questions regarding destination, and where you may have seen a nod, it may have simply been the sales associate shocked you would ask such a question.
    12-15% before or after taxes?
  • mmejiammejia Posts: 9
    I think 45k plus ttl would be a great deal.
    If you can get it cheaper than 45k good for you.
    Tell them you will only pay 44k and see if you get it.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,041
    before taxes

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• saz25saz25 Posts: 152
    and no doc fees. If they insist on doc fees then reduce your offer accordingly by the amount of the doc fees.
  • medt123medt123 Posts: 6
    I agree with an estimate of 12-15% below MSRP

Philosophically, I don't think 1% ($500) matters if you are buying a luxury car.

I don't think one should be buying such a car if he/she cannot afford it.

But I do agree that nobody wants to be ripped off.

Make sure you can afford it, research TrueCar, Penfed car buying service, Carsdirect, etc., get a general idea about the price, set up your limit and drive negotiations as Steve suggested. Sellers are (nowadays) not in a better position than us buyers.
  • saz25saz25 Posts: 152
    I agree with this comment in principle:
    "Philosophically, I don't think 1% ($500) matters if you are buying a luxury car"

However, it matters more to you as the buyer than the dealer. With that type of thinking, the dealer can always make an "extra" $500. Of course, I can afford it or else I wouldn't be there. But I want to get the best deal I can. I would feel awful "throwing away" an extra $500. That's about 10 nice dinners out.

Steve
  • medt123medt123 Posts: 6
    Steve,

you are right, but again if one is in the market for a luxury car and gets $500 worse deal than somebody else it is OK, it is not the end of the world.

If it does matter then that person should not be buying a Lexus or whatever else.

And opposite. If somebody is buying a $5000 car $500 is a big (10%) difference but a $50 difference should be OK.
  • thientienthientien Posts: 8
    Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy a 2013 RX350 AWD with as little options as possible. At the moment, there are 2 dealers around my area having the 2013 model with the Premium package only, none of them carry any base AWD. MSRP for the Premium package would be 47k, how much should I pay it? I live in Seattle, WA and there are only 3 Lexus Dealers around. People online were discussing how they can get 11% off MSRP, that would make this car around 41.5k before tax. Thanks for your input.
  • msysinfomsysinfo Posts: 11
    Target $2000 below invoice. In my case I bought $2K below invoice but paid $400 Doc Fee.

Also, it is almost 'impossible' to get without the premium package... unless you're willing to wait.

Good luck & enjoy the process.
  • thientienthientien Posts: 8
    How much is the invoice for this car? Truecar did not show it.
  • rupirupi Posts: 5
    To me, its the satisfaction of getting the best deal that matters the most!
  • msysinfomsysinfo Posts: 11
    Try Costcoauto.com, it provides invc prices. You do not need to be a member to check. good luck
  • Hi,

I've currently got the following deal on the table in Texas:

2013 RX 350 Nav + Prem Pack w/blind spot + comfort - $49,275 MSRP

Sales price = $45,080 ($4195 disc off MSRP)
    Minus $1500 LFS lease rebate = $43.580

Is this a good deal or do I have some more room?

I'm still negotiating on the MF and residual for the lease but hope to get close to the buy rate posted by Carman (MF .00075, Residual 58%).

Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Justin
    How about a CPO 2013 RX350 with 3,000miles with Nav, premium package with blind spot, cooled seats... for about $41,000 plus TTL? good deal or not?
  • harryhess1harryhess1 Posts: 29
    Florida, vehicle has 250 miles, nav. Premium and F sports app. Package, total accessories $8,880, dest. 895, base price $39,660 for a total $49,435 --sales price is $41,999-sounds to good to be true, clean car fax also, vehicle is four months old.
  • sooznaplessooznaples Posts: 13
    Hello,
    What color is this car, where in Florida is it located? Why is it for sale? Are you the seller or is this a dealer? Interesting??? :sick:
  • I'm in the same shoes. I've been talking to Atlanta dealers and here is the last price I'm considering...

Base RX350 AWD $39,660
    Premium Pkg 2,260
    Wood Steering/knob 330
    Cargo Mat 105
    Cargo Net 59
    Delivery & Handling 895
    MSRP $43,309

My offer, exclusive of sales tax cause I don't live in GA, was total drive-off of $38,997, which is $4312 or 10% off of MSRP.

Truecar says that's a great price. What do you think?