Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• snowman22snowman22 Posts: 109
    Ok---I assume the $48,359 is the dealer quote to you. The msrp would be around $52,000. So all,things considered your price is slightly under invoice. With that said---it is late in the year. New models don't come out for this division until Feb. March at the early end. But---Sept. price deals backed by factory could be better than August. And---Dec. to remember could even be better. Do you want to wait and save $1,000-1,500. Or drive the vehicle you really want--right now.Your price is a good price. But I would wait about a few weeks just to see how things play out. Wait at least until the new deals come out in Sept. short wait could save a few bucks. Good luck
  • texasrntexasrn Posts: 6
    Includes destination fee, but not TT&L.
  • rkld273rkld273 Posts: 3
    Hi, I am looking to purchase a RX Hybrid FWD , sticker price is 55K, I am wondering if anyone has a view on how much I might be able to negotiate with the dealer. Carsdirect and TrueCar estimates are about 10% off the MSRP. I live in Georgia.
    Any insights would be much appreciated.
  • I see people talking about buying it like 45-46k so I am sure that price is not a good deal.
  • ns12ns12 Posts: 3
    Hey Guys,
    I am completely new to this forum and went through few threads/discussions about RX 350 as I was in the market for the same. I just pulled the trigger on RX 350 (Pre owned and certified) that has 14k miles. It has all belts and whistles (premium pkg, cold weather, navi etc..). I paid around 38k+tax+title and fees. OTD price was 41K. I am in MA.

Is this a good deal..?

Any response would be appreciated,

NS
    But I got it for 41K out the door. Isn't that better than 45k or 46k..? Pardon my ignorance if I didn't get your statement correctly
  • I'm asking about 2014 rx 350 brand new. So a little different story here.
  • First off what year RX. Also I assume your out the door price of 41K is your total price with tax and all,fee's. if it's a 2013 AWD you did excellent. 2012 you did just fine. 2011 just average. Anything older--I don't believe it is--- you paid more than you should have. Don't worry about the price. Just enjoy it.
  • saz25saz25 Posts: 152
    Hi
    As most experienced car buyers always say, when determining your price, you need to factor in invoice price, holdbacks, all current dealer incentives, etc.

Then you tell the dealer your price.

And most of all, be in control of the process and don't believe anything the sales rep says.

Most of the info you need can be found on edmunds.com.
    End of month is always to the buyers advantage.
    Steve
  • There is only so much the dealer can do at the end of the month. Wait another few days and see what factory offers--those are the best deals---are put forth. Boo birds will always tell you you can do better. Correct to a very limited extent. Factory offers are and always will be the best deal possible. Ya--you might shave off a couple bucks or get a few perks with service expenditures--- but that's about it. Now get ready for everyone to tell me I'm wrong and the fantastic deals they all got--- don't believe it.
  • nazzy100nazzy100 Posts: 82
    edited September 2013
    Snow:

His posting title :

'#5729 of 5734 RX 350 2013 (Fully Loaded)........'

But, he didn't specify AWD or not, or,the original MSRP when new, which of course the dealer has in his file, or can obtain for him to look at. Also, be good to know what the dealer is "showing" as the DOC fees?
  • saz25saz25 Posts: 152
    He is wrong. Sorry to say. I always get better deals at the end of the month.

What is someone trying to gain by saying otherwise.

Dealers don't want you to know the truth and they hate educated buyers.

Doc fees are another tactic by dealers to pad profits.
    Being agressive and you can push back on Doc fees.

If someone tells you that you must pay a doc fee, they must be a dealer or paid by dealers to confuse the buyer.

Steve
  • Never said you can't do better. I said your saving would be limited. And that is fact. Yes you can negotiate fee's to a point-- I agree-- but those fee's will not be negotiated with a factory backed lease or buy to the same extent if dealing with no incentive from the factory. All I'm telling you is save the sweat-- your not going to do one heck of a lot better by going through all the bull your trying to tell others. So my advice to a buyer right now is just wait a day or so until the new FACTORY backed deals come out.
    Hi Snowman and everyone else who provided their valuable input,
    The one that I got is 2013 model.
  • Nice job. You did wonderful. Now drive your new ride. Enjoy--- it is a beautiful vehicle. I can't think of any vehicle that I have ever owned that even comes close to this vehicle. Then add the fact you got a beyond great deal--could life be any better--well could be if you won the big lottery-----but can't be greedy.
  • Picked up today - sharing for interested readers. 2013 RX 350 with virtually every option they have. Sticker $51,135. Dealer added paint film (I have no idea what this is), door guards, window tint, mud guards and admin fee ($499), bringing total to right at $52,500 for MSRP. No trade. Paid $46,999.02 out the door, ie. 89.524% of MSRP price. Hope this give you some point of reference. Did NOT purchase maintenance contract option.
  • what about ur tax rate and is that a fwd or awd
  • AWD and no taxes in this total. Taxes will vary from municipality to state and would only skew any objective pricing on the vehicle. Additionally trades will impact the ultimate tax amount as most states only tax the net price after the trade. For this forum - I suggest readers focus only on the vehicle costs and not items that can vary significantly by region/state.
  • brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 2,051
    edited September 2013
    You recieved 5501 off sticker price . Your math is way off at 89%. The only problem i see is you gave back 499 to dealership in doc fee charge and paid for paint film all dealer profit cutting into your 5500 of sticker. If you did not purchase accessories at invoice price that also cut into your deal..

11% off your sticker price = $5775

Not a bad deal.... but you left some money on the table.

Enjoy your new SUV

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• martin2498martin2498 Posts: 22
    edited September 2013
    All,

Am buying two cars for my family. FYI I did get a RX 350 2013 one year ago fully loaded - minus blind spot - for 44k and it was TOTALED. Damage was substantial but I was okay, which shows you these are great via safety. So now I can get a 2013 AWD RX for 43.5k (fully loaded) this time around and a new 2014 AWD IS 250 (fully loaded) for 42.5k. Thoughts? BTW these prices are before tax and any extra warranty add-ons.

I am kind of thinking they should go lower on the 2013 RX since the new 2014s will be coming out, but wanted to see your opinions on this...Don't know too much about the IS as it has just been updated but the test drive went well.