Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Live in Chicago suburbs; wondering if 35,900 is good price for 2008 ES350 with premium pkg
  • Hey guys, newbie, so be nice.

Buying a 2008 RX350 with Nav, Heated Seats, 7-spoke wheels, Premium Plus, Tow prep, Cargo mat, wheel locks, MSRP=$44,416.

First dealer offer = $41,416 ($3000 off sticker). I know Invoice is $39,133. I am in Raleigh, NC, so only 1 dealer.

Anyplace in nearby states, where I might be able to get a better deal? I see some of you getting close to Invoice.

Thanks for any help.

regards...chris
  • I paid $40.5k for one at Prestige in Ramsey on 9/20. MSRP was $45,866. Ask for Andrew Floyd.

Regards,

Tom
  • Hi Tom,

Did you lease the vehicle or buy? I will be going to Prestige in a few days and will want to lease the same vehicle (MSRP $45,866) for 36 months. If you did lease, I was interested in your total out of pocket at time of lease, and your monthly payment. Did you have a positive experience with Andrew?

Thanks so much.
  • Hi, What do think is the is the best price I can get on 2008 RX350
    with the following configuration:

AWD
    Navigation/MarkLevinson Package
    Towing Prep Pkg,
    Rear Seat Entertainment System
    18" Graphite finish alloy wheels
    Heated Front Seats with Rain Sensing Wipers
    Cargo Mat
    Wheel Locks

MSRP: $49086 Coscto Inovoice Price: $43306

I've been reading this forum for a while and see buyers
    who have bought lower than costco invoice. I was wondering
    whats the best I could get in Bay area and how to go about
    negotiating for a good deal?

Please reply. Thanks.
  • com168com168 Posts: 3
    Looking for the same configurations for 2008 RX350 in Seattle, WA area and got a quote back from one of the dealers in the region without "MarkLevinson Package."

AWD
    Navigation
    Towing Prep Pkg,
    Rear Seat Entertainment System
    18" Graphite finish alloy wheels
    Heated Front Seats with Rain Sensing Wipers
    Cargo Mat
    Wheel Locks

MSRP: $47,606
    Asking: $44,289

Feeling still being overcharged.

In msg #915, better equipped and paid only $43,000.

Any thoughts?
  • I bought at Woodfield Lexus, Schaumburg. I asked the Sales person about posting in internet and asked me not to mention his name atleast until Dec end in any internet site. But i cannot resist infrming another fellow buyer, Well, so here you go : his first and last names start with J. I also bought warrenty so that would have helped them go down further.
    Hope this helps.
    PS: I suggest strongly against Bob Rohrman group's Arlington Lexus. I had a series bad experince here as my wife mentioned, to bring them to invoice price would have costed atleast 10 hours, whereas in woodfield it was like 15 mins, once they understood you are informed buyer.
  • new4rxnew4rx Posts: 2
    Hi, I am new and in the market for a RX350. Just wondering if I want NAV, do I have to buy the "Voice-activated DVD Navigation System (includes backup camera and Bluetooth® technology with Additional Options" package as list in lexus website, or I can ask dealer to find one just with NAV without other stuff? Do it make sense to buy one without any premium package? thanks.
  • Hi new4rx, most RX's are equiped with all those other options. You can order new from the factory with whatever options you want. Keep in mind, the navigation system includes back-up camera, voice activation, and bluetooth.
  • new4rxnew4rx Posts: 2
    thanks for the reply. Yes, I am aware that NAV includes backup camera etc. Actually I real just want the backup camera, but they don't have such option. Anyone know if there is any aftermarket backup camera available for RX? thanks again.
  • pschiffepschiffe Posts: 373
    I installed the VR³ wireless backup camera system and it is marginally satisfactory at around $100.00. I regret not getting the OEM version and suggest you consider that option.
    Roadmaster VR³

Pete :(
  • HELLO, YES. I PAID 43,000 AND I STILL FEEL I PAY ABOUT 1500 -2000 TOO MUCH FOR THIS WHEN I TALK WITH OTHER BUYERS, ALSO THE CAR THAT I REALLY WANTED WAS A 2 WHEEL DRIVE, NO DVD, NO MARK LEVINSON PACKAGE AND HE QUOTE ME 40,700. I BELIEVE IS CAN GO FOR AROUND 39,000 - 39,500. GOOD LUCK AND ON MY CAR THEY ALSO ADDED A 3M GROSS COVERS ON THE FRONT HOOD TO PROTECT THE BODY AND THEY CLAIM ITS COST IS AT 1,100,???
  • I am interested in purchasing a Lexus RX 350 AWD w/ premium package, towing package, cargo mat, wheel locks, rain-sens wipers, and heated seats. I live in WI, although I am willing to travel. Can anyone tell me the name of the dealer in Illinois that was good to work with? I have been quoted $39.061 for one that listed for $41,796; plus they add the $389 for doc fee and then tax and title in our state.

I would be grateful for any and all help.

Thank you in advance,

Chloe
  • teamtboteamtbo Posts: 78
    Hi Chloe12,

Sorry, I can't help with dealers in your area.

Just to be clear, the price they quoted was before Tax, Title and License, right?

In that case, the quote seems too high. The invoice appears to be around $36,883 (this includes the $765 destination fee according to the 2007 RX350 on Edmunds.com). I would try to get a lot closer to invoice price - especially if you buy around the end of the month. It appears car sales have slowed down and you can use this to your advantage if you aren't in a rush. If you have many dealers to contact, you can have them compete with one another until you get the best deal.

I am going to be buying a RX350 in about a month. I am going to shoot for invoice (or below if possible). I am not in that big of a rush and I have a feeling the Lexus dealers are hungry!
  • Please advise how much room I have to negotiate the price. Thanks a lot!

Quote from a local dealer:

Premium Package (PM) - $37,290 + TTL
    Leather Trim, Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering with Memory, Illumination Entry System, One-Touch Open/Close Moonroof, 6-disc in-dash CD Auto Changer, Roof Rails, and Roof Rack plus 18” Aluminum Alloy Wheels, Rain-Sensing Wipers, Heated Seats, Power Back Door, Wood and Leather Steering Wheel and Shift Knob, Cargo Mat, and Wheel Locks

Premium Plus Package (PT+) - $40,490 + TTL
    Leather Trim, Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering with Memory Illumination Entry System, One-Touch Open/Close Moonroof, 6-disc in-dash CD Auto Changer, Roof Rail, and Roof Rack, Power Back Door, High Intensity Headlamps, Wood and Leather Steering Wheel and Shift Knob plus 18” Aluminum Alloy Wheels, Two-Level Heated Front Seats with Rain-Sensing Wipers, Navigation System with Rear Camera, Cargo Mat, and Wheel Locks
  • Longo Lexus(Southern California) quoted me 36,200+TTL for a 2008 RX350 FWD with Premium Package. MSRP is 41,456.

Is this a good price? I'm still waiting for 2 more quotes.
  • iusbiusb Posts: 2
    Is it just me or is the price now is higher than July/Aug time frame? I got several quote from SoCal dealers but none of them are as good as ppl bought before (1000/1500 under invoice).
  • jeepvanjeepvan Posts: 46
    I understand automobiles after a certain price rance, has to pay some kind of luxury tax. am i right ? does rx350 fall into that category ? thanks for your reply.

bj.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,671
    I think the luxury tax was repealed, or at least suspended...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Tariq, I live in Indy and want to buy a RX-350 AWD,,,nobody will deal here...who is best deal in Chicago area ? thanks, GB