Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• deltacopdeltacop Posts: 2
    Purchased the 2009 RX350 this past weekend in New Jersey - MSRP of 43,331 paid 38,700 prior to TT bringing total purchase to about 41,800. All inclusive.
  • prazpraz Posts: 163
    $500 above Invoice is a good deal for 2009 model, 2008 RX are $2,000 below invoice but you might not get the color choice or packages you want. Congrats on your new car.
  • deltacopdeltacop Posts: 2
    I may not have the figures right, but Edmunds list the 2009 RX 350 I purchased as follows

MSRP - 43,331
    Invoice - 38,298

I paid 38,700 which is only $402 over invoice.
    For 2009 model, it is a good deal. Congrats......
  • I am looking to purchase a 2009 RX 350 w/ premium plus & nav system in the Philadelphia area. What level of pricing should I start negotiations from? Also, I am getting different answers as to whether or not the Ipod Interface Kit is available w/ this vehicle. Does anyone know if this is an available option? What kind of pricing are people seeing for this and XM radio install?

Finally, what is the negative issue w/ the nav system on this car? Can you use it while driving via the voice activation feature? How does this compare to the MDX?
  • shwangshwang Posts: 1
    Dear Deltacop,
    I live in near Princeton NJ and am wodering if you would send me the name of Lexus dealer and sales guy who I can follow up.

Thanks in advance.
  • destiny3destiny3 Posts: 2
    Hello a8man1 ,

Thanks for your response . But I purchased from Lexus of Madison on 03/29 .
    2008 RX 350 AWD with following options

Cargo Mat,Htd Frt STS W/Rain-Sens Wprs,Prem Pkg, Tow Prep Pkg,Whl Lcks
    with silver exterior and grey interior .
    I talked to dealers at Chicago and Milwaukee , but Madison dealer gave better price and also the silver color which I was looking for .

So far I've driven mostly highway (200 miles) and average I got was 25.5 mpg (driving 55- 70 mph) . I'm still evaluating city mpg .

Thanks.
  • swizardswizard Posts: 3
    Hi all, I am new here, I am considering selling/trading my 04 Honda pilot for an 08 Lexus RX 350. I am a woman, trying to maneuver the buying process. I found a leftover, AWD, premium plus pkg, luxury value pkg (18 in wheels, heated seats, nav pkg, cargo mat, wheel locks). MSRP $45,881. Invoice $40,434. Are they still offering $2000.00 dealer incentive discount on leftovers? It is unreasonable for me to want the car at $38,000? Any help appreciated! thank you :)
    You should be able to get @ $38,000 plus TTL as they are offering $2,500 incentive. But no harm in starting @ $37,000 but no more than $38,000.
  • vitekvitek Posts: 4
    Guys

I am looking for 2009 RX 350 FWD/AWD with navigation and luxury package. We went to Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly , VA and they were offering the car for almost 3000 over the invoice.

We would like to pay invoice or some reasonable amount over the invoice.

Would appreciate any help with finding sales people or dealerships willing to sell a car for that price. Thank you.

Victor
    The incentives are for 2008 model, 2009 models will run at least $1,000 above invoice as they were out in Feb 2008. If you can wait for another few months than the re-designed 2010 RX will be introduced and it will be worth paying above invoice, my 2 cents.
    Thanks for the numbers praz...I am looking in Cleveland area, are those incentives everywhere? I heard that it was $2000 and ended in March. So maybe it went up to $2500 until they are gone? If this is true, then the dealer has some wiggle room, I don't feel so bad starting that low with an offer...
    Update...I found another leftover 08, without the nav package, at another dealer. I ended up offering original dealer $38,000 for the original model, he would only go to 39,100, knowing that I was talking to another dealer. I would have bought it for 38,000, but he WOULD NOT budge. So I went with the other lesser model for $1000.00 under invoice. I agreed on $36,450. He threw in tow hitch mount, all weather mats, and cargo mat. The price was what I could comfortably afford, and has more than enough whistles and bells for me. What did I learn??? Cleveland area is pretty much out of these, dealers are NOT going 2000 under invoice ( I tried, told them I knew about this), I am going to enjoy my 1st Lexus and not obsess over paying too much! Thanks for the tips! S :)
  • jpiturajpitura Posts: 2
    Journeyman2:
    I am currently looking for a 08 RX350, similar to the one you just purchased, that is an AWD with Premium Plus package, no navigation.

Appreciate any information you can provide relative to the purchase price; do not know what the invoice price is, so do not know what $2000 below invoice means.

We are out west and are thinking of using an auto broker, and the one we are considering is HM Brown and Associates which is headquartered in Denver.

Ever heard of them?

Anyway, any information you can provide is appreciated. Thanks
    -- Jim
  • jpiturajpitura Posts: 2
    We are interested in purchasing a new 08/09 RX350 and are considering using an auto broker.

The company we are considering is HM Brown and Associates in Denver.

Does anyone have any experience or feedback on this company . Appreciate any testimonials before we commit.

Thanks,
    -- Jim
  • compdoccompdoc Posts: 2
    2009 RDX 350 AWD with NAV, Premier package, XM lease $510 per month with $3800 up front which includes tax, first month, bank fee and a rather small cap reduction.
  • vitekvitek Posts: 4
    you should not focus on how much the lease will be. You should negotiate the price of the vehicle. The lease amount will be the final price - residual value (you have no control over this) / number of month. Getting you focused on the monthly payments - is the way dealers avoid telling you the cost of the car.
  • I am just curious but most articles I have read on leasing vs buying, buying saves you more money in the long run. Why would anybody want to lease ?
  • bmlexusbmlexus Posts: 755
    I guess that leasing is popular i keep hearing people leasing especially expensive cars.

I also prefer buying