Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lizacolbylizacolby Member Posts: 14
    I'm wondering what experiences/prices people have encountered in the Bay Area for FWD's with Nav.

Also... does anyone know if Lexus will have super blow out pricing and financing in Jan/Feb as they roll in the '08's and roll out the '07's?

Thanks for any input!
  • zopuhdzopuhd Member Posts: 13
    I heard they don't give out those nice deals anymore like they did in December. But you should still be able to get a deal below the invoice price.

You guys in CA are fortunate that you don't get snow like we do now in Seattle, so you can afford an FWD. Choosing an AWD was a no-brainer for me.
  • bjs1414bjs1414 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks everyone! Your info helped me secure my RX350 for 39369..includes AWD, Premium + package, and Nav. I bought from Steven's Creek. They shipped to my house directly so I did not have to pay CA tax. I purchased in December and received it two weeks later. Shipping was a bit more than I wanted to pay (1350) but I did not have any other dealer in my area were able to get near the price...most quotes were 42000 to 43000.
    Hi BJS1414!

I am wondering who you worked with at Steven's Creek. Could you e-mail the info to me? (I'm not sure if we can post salesperson's names here.) Did you take any color they had or were you able to choose? Did you finance through them?

Thanks for any info!

--LM
  • bann1810bann1810 Member Posts: 15
    Shopping for the same vehicle you purchased. Westside is the closest dealer to my home. Could you give me some ideal of how much under MSRP you purchased your RX for. How do you like the RX? Thanks
  • atlanta8atlanta8 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Doctas,
    Which dealership & salesperson did you get it from? I'm looking for a similar car. Please email or call me.

Thanks,
    Anna

404-406-3395
  • samshamsamsham Member Posts: 4
    I am looking for a RX350 in central NJ w/ Prem Plus, Nav, Heated Seats.

Can you give the details of the vehicle you bought and the price (prefereably relative to invoice).

Thanks
  • kansashuskerkansashusker Member Posts: 5
    I know the 2008's are coming out next month and am interested in any information on signicant discounts or incentives on the 2007 model. I want the model with the navigation system currently around $ 45,000 MSRP. Any chance that the prices might drop to the $ 38,000 range? Also, anyone know what the lease factors/rates would be for 15k miles a year for 24 or 36 months?
  • jjj7jjj7 Member Posts: 6
    I bought the RX350 from mj in CA at $35600 (primary plus). I got the car and everything works out right. I don't know how to get the state inspection sticker (of course I can spend $50 get the car inspected by a shop as do for old cars). I know the dealer don't inspect the new car and a state inspction sticker is always there for the new car. Is there anyone knows what's the rule for new car regarding the inspection? Get from DMV office or some other way?
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    The selling dealer will inspect the car, usually for an additional charge; at the time of sale and apply the sticker. This assumes that the auto will be licensed in the same state. If you are registering the vehicle in a different state, then I guess you are on your own. Might be an opportunity to introduce yourself to your preferred local service source, be it a Lexus dealer or elsewhere. Remember that the 5K service is gratis from any Lexus dealer and that buyer information is downloaded from satellite no matter where you are located.

Pete :)
  • glk2glk2 Member Posts: 13
    Has anyone gotten a great deal on an RX 350 AWD w/prem + and nav in Denver area, from Col. Springs to Ft. Collins? Would appreciate any input..
  • planerealplanereal Member Posts: 3
    What should I be paying for a 07 350RX,FWD,Navi, Prem Plus Pkg, 18" alloys, rain seni wipers in the SW FL area? Dealer just quoted 42,172-I asked if this was a joke-salesman said no--- :(
    Hi there!

Check out this message:

#364 of 373 Bought in CA, live in midwest by bjs1414 Jan 11, 2007 (6:33 pm)

Even with the shipping costs you should be saving some $$$
    Has anyone purchased the RX in the Houston area and got a good price? Pricing I've received not any where near Calif. numbers?
  • skirobskirob Member Posts: 8
    We bought one for my wife in August. It is the neptune blue mica, AWD, prem, nav and I believe the standard package also inlcudes climate package, towing prep, cargo mat, wheel locks and 18" wheels. The MSRP was $45,683.

As you know, there are only two choices in Denver; Kuni and Stevinson. We purchased at Stevinson for $41,748 (including dealer fees) + tax. Kuni's lowest price was $42,500 + fees + tax. I never bothered to ask about their fees since they weren't competitive. This only took about two days and a few phone calls while I was working.

From reading this board, we probably could have gotten a better price if we haggled more purchased elsewhere.

BTW, it has performed well in the snow. I recommend the all-weather mats (One of the dealerships in Dallas an e-bay store). Other than the soccer mom stigma, my wife couldn't be more happy with the vehicle.
    Spoke with Stevinson. Best off on Msrp 43,033 they wanted 39,500 plus fees and taxes. Disappointed in there bid. They have 3- 2008's coming mid Feb. No more 07's arriving.
    Looking for best prices in Texas for 07 RX 350 FWD with Premium Package nav. not needed. Help appreciated. Thanks.
  • apg97ssapg97ss Member Posts: 21
    I am seeing references to 2008s coming out soon. do they have same exterior styling as 2007s? i've never been big fan of look of rear-end section
  • driving2crazydriving2crazy Member Posts: 1
    Hi there,
    Even I,m looking for the same car.i am in central florida.can u give details of your dealer(name;city;salesperson) you talked to please..and have you bought the car finally.
    was that price including TTR.
    Not much change in the 2008, slight change to front grill, chrome door handles and 7 spoke rims. Big body changes in 2009 with a second model with 3rd. row seating.
  • llb64llb64 Member Posts: 4
    I bought an '07 RX 350 FWD with Premium Plus (nav. included) at Park Place Lexus in Plano, TX on January 4th for $40,000 - includes tinted windows.
  • bjs1414bjs1414 Member Posts: 2
    I apologize - I purchased from South Bay Lexus, not Stevens Creek (I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote). My salesperson was titled Internet Manager. Her initials are GR.

Your e-mail comes up as private (or I don't know how to access). I did take the color they had available. I financed through Lexus financing.
  • kansashuskerkansashusker Member Posts: 5
    Can I ask what the finance rate was through Lexus financing on your new RX 350?
    Was $40,000. the TOTAL Drive out price with taxes and all fees?

Thanks
    No; with TTL the total drive out was $42,766.25.
  • glarry1glarry1 Member Posts: 13
    I'm going through a broker. (H.M. Brown)
    Aledgedly for $500 over invoice, with no Prep fee.
    I'm waiting to see if the the options come in at "invoice".

The trick for me is that I want the Performance Pkg and may have to wait 2 months. (Only made in Japan, and Canada provides the majority of cars for the U.S.)
  • glarry1glarry1 Member Posts: 13
    Are the 2008's coming in March?
    Two Lexus dealers told me they will not be receiving anymore 07's and the 08's should start arriving mid Feb. Many dealer inventorys seem to be getting low. A California dealer known to discount $1500 under invoice told me his price on the 08's would be $1000 are more above invoice.
  • hbc75hbc75 Member Posts: 37
    Does anyone know what the differences will be between the 2007 and 2008 model? I am curious to know if it is a good time to look for an 07 and get a possible discount. I stopped by a dealer today, and they had 5 sold on the lot from today. Of course I never see the color that I would like, the flint mica. The new blue mica is nice, better than the old blue, non mica.
    Read #381
    Very minor changes noted in a previous message (#381). My salesman did tell me that they are adding a color for the 2008 model - Desert Sage - that is currently available on the IS.
  • hlin88hlin88 Member Posts: 2
    on 10/15/06 I got my 2007 RX 350 + AWD + Nav white (MSRP $45,706) at Longo Lexus for $39007.42 ( $42600 out of door ). I believe this is the lowest price that I can find. Very good deal on this car.

I did some homework before I went to Longo and this is the only dealer I visited. I did send emails to all Lexus dealers around and Longo beat the lowest price. It took me less than 30 minutes to negociate the price and most of the time is waiting. Sales person Dennis Shen in Longo is very helpful and straight forward. Show him the emails with lowest price ( price with tricks ) from other dealers and he will try to match it.
  • jbaojbao Member Posts: 2
    Samsham,

Could you please share the answers with me? I am also looking for the deal of RX350. From Carsdirect.com, I got a target price as $36006. I wonder if I can get this price from the dealership?

Thanks.

-James
  • knyknyvsknyknyvs Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I am looking to buy a 2007 RX350,
    Anyone know which dealer have good discount in Bay Area,
    and also, what is the LAD cost in the dealer invoice?,
    the cost show about $500.00, and is this cost the buyer (customer) need to pay with the new car purchase??
    Please help, I am very appreciated.

Many Thanks

-Mike
    Mike, I've been shopping for sometime now and have found good pricing at Putnam Lexus in Red Wood City, CA. $1500 under invoice the first quote. Don't know anything about the LAD cost. Sorry.
  • knyknyvsknyknyvs Member Posts: 2
    Thanks very much for info.,

LAD fee = Lexus advitisement fee, they said customer need to pay for this fee, and the fee cost about $500
    so i am not sure if this is true or not.
    Thnaks again
  • gandalf1gandalf1 Member Posts: 62
    I tried Longo and some other dealers mentioned on this forum. I waited until the end of December to take advantage of their sales promotion and end of month, end of year.

For my 2007 FWD RX (Flint Mica), premium plus, 18" wheels etc. etc. (no NAV), Westminster came in at 35,787, Longo was next with a price of 35,600, Mission Viejo was next with a 35,360 and Oxnard was the lowest at 35,160.

I gave Longo and Mission Viejo the opportunity to beat Oxnard's price but neither would go any lower, so Oxnard is where I purchased my car. Honestly, I think a lot of it has to do with what, and how many, a particular dealer happens to have on the lot at the time you make the inquiry.

For the record, Keyes Lexus (Van Nuys, CA) gets the fickle-finger for calling me to double check what I wanted, and then saying they would call me right back with a price...still no call a month later.
  • jbaojbao Member Posts: 2
    Sender1,

Sounds a great deal! Could you please email me the details as well as the salesman' name & phone number?

How do u like your new car? I am looking for RX350 and hope to join the Lexus club soon :-)

Thank you very much!

-James
    gandalf1, could you tell me what the MSRP or Invoice was on the vehicle?
  • jacks2jacks2 Member Posts: 45
    Trying to email some info but having a problem finding your email address.

J2
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    Every member of CarSpace has their own CarSpace e-mail account..

The address is always membername@CarSpace.com

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• muzamuza Member Posts: 5
    could you please tell me person's name with whom you dealt?
    Thanks
  • jan4jan4 Member Posts: 2
    Why would you deal with a broker? What are you going to do when you have to service your vehicle?
  • gandalf1gandalf1 Member Posts: 62
    bann1810 - Sure, the total MSRP was 41,496. In addition to the Premium Plus package ($2060), it included 18" alum. alloy wheels ($495), heated front seats, rain sensing wipers, headlamp washers ($665), cargo mat ($92), wheel locks ($69) and delivery fee of $715. (I'm reading this right off the window sticker).

I really hadn't planned on getting anything other than the Premium Plus package, but it didn't seem like I could get an RX without all this other stuff since all the dealer quotes I got had the same MSRP. But as it turns out, I'm glad it has the extra stuff, the heated seats were really nice during the recent cold weather we've had in So. Cal. and the wheels are really nice too.

Btw, after a month of ownership, my wife and I love the car! It is our first Lexus and really is a cut (or more) above anything we have owned.
  • jacks2jacks2 Member Posts: 45
    Thanks

for some reason the carspace e-mail account doesn't work, sent it direct.

J2
    I sent a reply to your carspace email.
  • lexus3507lexus3507 Member Posts: 2
    Hi hlin88,

I'm planning to purchase my Lexus from Longo Lexus and I thought your price was great. Just wondering if you had the Navigation System/Mark Levinson Package w 17" included with your price. Also, could you give me your name so that I can tell Dennis Shen that you recommended me to him.

Thank you.
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    As I understand it, a broker will merely negotiate a deal for you. The purchase will still be made from an authorized Lexus dealer and any Lexus or Toyota dealer will be glad to provide service.

Pete :)
  • lovecdlovecd Member Posts: 50
    Just got my 2007 RX350 AWD, with Navigation system at $39,388 (including $55 documentation fees), MSRP $45706. Very positive experience with their sales manager, Amal. Drove it back to Seattle this afternoon. Will do local registration once the MSO is cleared. A complete satisfied experience.

In the meantime, I would like to thank Zopuh and Sunil for their guidence for buying Lexus from CA and appreciate their detailed help!
  • tommyg12tommyg12 Member Posts: 158
    Lexus has announced upgrades to the '08 RX, with no increase in msrp. Should be at dealerships within two weeks.

http://pressroom.toyota.com/Releases/View?id=TYT2007012616699