Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• njexpressnjexpress Posts: 170
    Sender1, Those numbers sound really impressive! Congratulations. My cousin is actively in the market for an RX 350 in NJ. DId you say $5K below sticker?? Amazing. Can you please email me the details too?
    I would really appreciate your help.
    BTW, All, is it true that you can buy the base RX350 AWD with just NAV?? I thought they always made you buy other packages since the equiped options were "cookie cut" in that manner. For ex, Yes NV is a $2650 option but you will have to take in a premium plus if you needed NV unless you special ordered it.. That's how it used to be.. Have things changed??
    Cheers!!
    --njexpress
  • Can any one tell me that the cost to the dealers for the items such as TDA, DEalers Holdback and Whsl Financial reserve which amounted to be about$1700.oo is a real cost to the dealer? The dealer is willing to sell me a vehicle RX350 for $750.00 above the dealers invoice. The invoice would be 40866 and MSRP would be $45706.00. I have to pay $750.00 above $40866 +tax, Tag and fees of $385.00. Your reply is appreciated.
  • jdoanjdoan Posts: 9
    Bdamani,

You don't have to worry about all the tricks that car sale people use to spin your head :). The simple rule is to negotiate for a price that is between $4500-$5000 below the MSRP, then all you have to pay in addition to that is the Tax & License fee.

Jeff
  • sender1sender1 Posts: 29
    Hi, I would send you an e-mail but you have to unblock your email in your profile. If you want email me and I'll give you the info, good luck
  • dannyledannyle Posts: 43
    Hi all
    I am looking for a 2007 350RX base in Boston. Only thing I want is just the premium package and heat seat. Nothing else.

ANyone recently purchase on in the boston area could help please ?

Also was wondering do you guys get the same discount if it's a special order with just the package you wanted ?

THanks
  • ike3ike3 Posts: 81
    Sender1, profile is set to public and email should be visible. Please write back! Thanks!
  • ike3ike3 Posts: 81
    It is very likely that the New England region along with the New York region are not bringing in those vehicles. They are only coming in as premium plus w/o nav and premium plus with nav. However, if you are willing to travel to Cleveland OH area, you can get the premium package with the heated seats, and they are in stock. They also come with the regular halogen headlamps and the standard 17" wheels. They are in the Midwest region and they are configured differently for that region. Good Luck!
  • sender1sender1 Posts: 29
    Hi, I don't have your email to give info. Email me and I will give you all info needed.
  • The more acurate way is to know the invoice price for the car with all options/packages and then compare the sale price with the invoice. The best sites for invoice are Costcoauto and kelly blue book. (was wondering if the MSRP is the same on the window of the car in different dealer's lot???)

E.g. RX350 FWD with /premium plus package/heated seats with Rain-sens wipers and headlamp washers/18" tire/wheel lock/cargo mat/ -- Inovice from both KBB and Costcoauto is $36,692 (destination included)and MSRP is $41496.

The best price so far I got for FWD is $35,550 (destination included. Extra includes $60 document fee. You have to pay, of course, tax) and $36,900 for AWD with the same options. That is more than $1100 below invoice.

Without knowing your final price and cars with what kind of options/packages, it is hard to judge the deal. Here are a couple of problems for your approach:

1. a $5000 off the MSRP for a RX350 FWD base model with the least added options/packages is a MUCH MUCH better deal than a fully loaded AWD one.

2. Your calculation is OK ONLY for RX350 with big PRICE gap between invoice and MRSP.

Then what is your final price and what options for your car?
  • pschiffepschiffe Posts: 373
    I also live in Western New York. Purchased my RX350 from Dorschel in Rochester, NY. Negotiated a price of $1,350 over factory invoice as follows:

33,099 Invoice
    1,932 Prem. Plus Pkg.
    695 Freight
    485 Advertising
    1,350 Profit
    $37,561 Net
    Plus tax & title etc., go to Msg #193 of Sept. 6th for more information; eMail me for the name of salesman if interested.

Pete :)
  • lok888lok888 BostonPosts: 1,772
    Most RX350s that we have here are either with Premium Plus Package and with or without Navigation system. You can special order some packages or options (preformance, Mark Levinson, etc), but it takes up to months for one. I just bought mine (AWD, Navi, with Premium Plus) about month ago here in MA.
  • Greetings! I've been looking at the 350. Live in Norfolk, VA- only one Lexus dealer nearby, but can travel to Richmond, DC-area. I understand only the AWD with premium plus package (with our without nav system) is available in the east- is that what others find too? For pricing, MSRP on is $43. What would be a good price to offer? I was thinking about $37-38?
    Thanks.
  • Hi Sender1, Thanks for getting back!!! I thought I did - I also sent you an email describing my experience and thanking you on how your post got th edealer's total attention when he saw it.
    Anyways - Thanks again!! I can be reached at karthik_ts@yahoo.com.
    Thanks!!
    --njexpress
  • It looks like the configurations for the RX are
    a little different down here in the South, Florida, that is. Most of the RX's in stock at
    the Lexus of Tampa Bay dealer come with the
    premium package with a few little extras such
    as 18in. wheels, wood steering wheel/shifter,
    no heated seats; does have rain-sensing wipers.

I bought my '07 RX in August. It has just the
    premium package with the above items added.
  • I am about to buy a Lexus RX 350. I live in NJ. Would you email me the name of the salesperson you dealt with.
    I am a new poster so please let me know how I may contact you.
    Michie2
  • pschiffepschiffe Posts: 373
    Click on sender1 in the title line of a post by that member (such as #253) to source their email address.

Pete :)
  • Hi, I tried to email you but your email is marked as private. You can click on my name and email me and I'll respond. :)
  • well..time to give back to the community...

Just bought RX350 AWD with Premium Plus Pkg and NAV in MA

Price for car was 40.7k before taxes/fees.
  • hi..I am also looking to purchase RX350 AWD with Premium Plus Pkg and NAV in MA. Can you please tell me how much over invoice did you pay and from where? When you say before fees..do you also mean before destination charge?

Thanks,
    Ash
  • well..time to give back to the community...

Just bought RX350 AWD with Premium Plus Pkg and NAV in MA

Price for car was 40.7k before taxes/fees.

Question from apatel: When you say before fees..do you also mean before destination charge?

I was quoted an invoice price of 40769 (which includes the destination charge)

The fees I was referring to are things like: dealer prep, title, inspection, registration and transfer of title etc.
  • Thank you. Where in MA did you purchase it from? I am talking with Lexus of Watertown and Ira Lexus.

Thanks again.
  • Try Norwood.

Although there was a fellow on these boards who was able to get the same price (40.7k) at Watertown. I heard they even offer free car washes even if you don't have the car service there. I didn't bother going back to Watertown because I already had a deal with Norwood.
  • Will do. Thanks. Watertown is asking $400 over invoice. I'll push for invoice, since that's what Norwood seems to be offering. Thanks for your help.
  • I'd like to purchase an RX350 AWD with /premium package/heated seats with Rain-sense wipers /wheel lock/cargo mat/ with navigation system, in Nebraska. The MSRP with extras is $44,075 and invoice $38,930. The dealer has offered $41,800. Or lease payments of $657.36 for a 3 year lease with 15,000 mpy and 22,960 residual (nothing down). I'm lost. Is this a good deal?

I've been reading that I should wait until the end of the month for the Lexus special lease deals. Any help is appreciated.
  • lok888lok888 BostonPosts: 1,772
    I got mine (AWD, Navi, premium plus) $40.8K in Boston too. Yeap! Free car wash & vac.
  • If I may ask, where in Boston? Looks like they are going for invoice price in Boston area. I'll see if I can get the same in NH.(I am in nh)

Thanks
  • I meant which dealership. Thanks.
  • I am curious how are you coming up with invoice price of $40.8 for 2007 RX 350($33,170 MSRP, $29,410 invoice) with premium plus package($2,480 MSRP, $2,058 invoice) and Nav System w/Mark Levinson Premium Audio($4,050 MSRP, $3,350 invoice). Plus Destination($715)

MSRP total for above items with destination is: $40,415.
    Invoice total for above items with destination is: $35,533.

Unless I am counting a wrong package, I think you are paying MSRP. And not invoice. Correct?

Thank you.
  • Bogey,

Where'd you get those numbers for MSRP?!?!? Sorry, but your numbers are wrong. Just look at Edmunds pricing system again.

Base MSRP: $38,800 + destination
    Base Invoice: $34,338 + dest

Nav/ML Package MSRP: $6190
    Prem Plus Package MSRP: $2060

Might want to check your #'s again! $40.8k with Nav is an excellent deal!

Also - I got an email today from a Lexus dealer in MD stating 'December to Remember' is starting. Lease deals are coming out now. No details on terms given though. Stay tuned.
  • guestguest Posts: 774
    Stick to your guns, Nebraska1, because I think
    that you can do better. Good Luck!!