Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    edited December 2011
    Hi cb6
    what was the purchase price and tax and title?
  • cooljay687cooljay687 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2011
    Hi all - in the NYC area and trying to find a good deal. I am interested in RX 350 with NAV/Comfort/19" alum wheels, MSRP is around 49,360. I was quoted around 46300 at glencove. think i can do better,right?

**dancingdiva, what dealership did you go through for your deal? That sounds pretty good! I assume in CT?

hondaman16, i was following posts but couldnt see if you actually pulled the trigger. did you and what deal did you get?

If i go through Lindsey Lexus in VA, how would service work since I cant go back to the dealership for service? I see that people are getting 44.5k there....

First time buyer here so all thoughts appreciated.. thanks!!
  • fdbowiefdbowie Member Posts: 5
    We just picked up that same car (SRP of 49,300) for 45K
    You can do better
  • dancingdivadancingdiva Member Posts: 39
    It is indeed hard to get a good price in the Tri-state area. I did want a dealer close by for service and also to get my other car traded in. But I did shop around ...alot til I pulled the trigger. No one fessed up or would consider those certificates. But I did feel that my dealer was competitive. End of month is usually best time as that is when the salesfolk want to finish the month strong. That being said, availability is limited now too so a big dealer is the way to go for more opportunities.

I found my deal in Greenwich, CT. Nice that it is fairly close to me. It's a large dealership with good service. Didn't realize service was so expensive on Lexus. Much more than on my Acura but I went for the service plan to save money.

BTW, if you go with a car far away you have to add in shipping and I wanted to have a relationship with the dealership for service. But you can service a car at any Lexus as far as I know. I just think if you buy the car there they pay more attention to you.

Have you tried Massapequa? My family used to live on L.I. and they used to buy from them. There's another dealer in Rockville Center too to try. Go armed with your numbers.

One last thing. Up here alot of the dealers have two configurations on the AWD (very few FWD available because we are a snow region.): With or without NAV. With NAV usually comes with other packages (premium, comfort, preferred access, wood and leather knob, pking assist, and the 12 speaker prem sound). Comes out to around what your car is quoted as MSRP. The 19" wheels sport package is something different so that would be extra. I would assume then that the MSRP would be much higher once you include the wheel pkg. I love the bigger wheels btw (7 spokes yum) but didn't want the stiffer ride. My other car is a sport model so I wanted a cushy cruiser for trips.

Maybe that is why the price you were quoted was higher to include the 19" wheel package. Double check to see what all the packages are included in the car you are looking at. Ask for a printout of THAT CAR. It is possible they found one with limited packages and your wheels but if it is configured like most up here with Nav maybe the MSRP is actually higher to include all the rest of the usual packages on a NAV vehicle making the price higher. My car with Nav was around the MSRP you quoted and did not come with the wheel package. So maybe that's why my buy price is lower. Your deal may actually be a good one if it includes all the other stuff.

Good luck and happy car shopping.
    diva
  • sree5sree5 Member Posts: 6
    Just purchased an Rx350 AWD Stargazer Black, Black interior - one of the standard configurations with MSRP 49,619.

Paid 43,200 + doc (250), title , NJ 7% tax.

It included the $1000 Lexus rebate, so tax is an additional $70 tax (on the $1000 rebate).

Was expecting to pay $44,000 + doc,title,tax - got a lucky break for an extra $800 at the last minute.

I used the 0.9% 60 month financing.

To get this price, I had to work multiple dealers, be a bit of an [non-permissible content removed]*** having the dealers compete with each other, pick a dealer with inventory for the exact combination I was looking for, be near the end of the year, get the rebate, and have a bit of luck to boot - so NOT a cakewalk.

I also bought the extended warranty, GAP insurance and tire protection plan - note that this was after negotiating the purchase price.

I'd like some feedback on whether these extras are worth keeping, and if the price is reasonable, or if I should cancel and/or get elsewhere:
    + Tire protection 5 yr - $485
    + GAP insurance 5 yr - $900 (really expensive, so will likely find an alternative and then cancel).
    + Extended warranty 8 yr / 75K miles - $1750 - worth it ? worth getting now or later ?

For those who go down this path of rolling extras into the financed amount, note that if you cancel, the refund goes towards the principal, it will NOT decrease your monthly payment, but you will payoff the loan sooner.

thx
    Warnock Lexus NJ had a Black Obisidian, Brown interior, premium, nav, appearance pkg (19" wheels) BUT NO COMFORT for significantly below invoice.
    I was considering this but did not want the 19" and the color was not my first choice.
    rgds
  • rx2012awdrx2012awd Member Posts: 11
    edited December 2011
    Hi Sree5,
    Could you please mention how much were they willing to go below invoice?

Also, (may be a novice question).. why were you not willing to go for 19" wheels if the deal is good?

Thank you.
  • pearljam7pearljam7 Member Posts: 11
    Cubes, thanks for posting this information. Also, thanks to everyone who discussed the coupons. I never found any other information regarding the coupons online or on the lexus site. I only had this site to refer to.

I just purchased my 2012 rx 350 fwd (unable to find awd in FL) with prem package, 19 in wheels, tow package, park assist, back up cam, top rails, mats, wood trim with MSRP of 45232 for 38600 + TTL. Invoice is roughly 40k. The dealer used 2 of the $500 coupons (which unfortunately are applied after tax).

I'm pleased with my purchase and am even happier the car was a new delivery (2 miles on odometer). Good luck to all of those still looking to purchase!
    msrp 48,180, believe you should do better than 42,300 + doc + ttl + tax.
    This was a verbal offer over the phone as I was driving to the other dealer - so take that into consideration. But if its still there and being the end of the year - I'd say the odds are in your favor. Helps if you let them know that you are deciding between their car and a comparable car at another dealer.

Also, please do NOT quote me on this - don't need an angry salesman calling me up for cutting his margin :-)

Regarding the 19" wheels, I like the std 5 spoke design better, didn't care for the black trim around the headlights, and really wanted Star Gazer Black with Black interior - this car is Obsidian Black with Brown interior.

Good luck, and do post if you were able to save some $s.
    Thank you for the information. I just started contacting the dealers, so I guess it will be a while for me to pull the trigger.

I will post it here as soon as I purchase one.
  • cb6cb6 Member Posts: 12
    MSRP 50003
    Invoice $45775- 1,000
    After coupon $44,775 @8.2555% TAX & LIC Fees 3,698.48 = $48,918
    No ad fee, Total Out the door $48,918.

It is possible to get under invoice even with the coupons, but we wanted Red with comfort and there weren't too many of those.
  • andrews8andrews8 Member Posts: 1
    Pearljam7, congratulations, Can you postl your dealer info? Thank you.
  • cooljay687cooljay687 Member Posts: 2
    I ended up getting Obsidian with black interior with 19" wheels, nav, comfort, premium. MSRP of $49,758 for $44,000 (including the coupons). I wanted the new stargazer black color but they didnt have it with the 19" wheels and i liked the 7-spoke on the wheels that gives it a sportier look. Think I did fine here... good luck everybody!
  • ldh313ldh313 Member Posts: 4
    This blog is so helpful! Signing papers tomorrow on a new 2011 2wd demo with 6800 miles. Msrp $55335 (luxury, comfort, and premium pkg, chrome wheels, heads up display, remote start). Paying $48,000.

Dealer is quoting 1.9 rate for 60 months. A few of you mentioned 0.9. Is that on new 2011 and 2012 models?
  • ldh313ldh313 Member Posts: 4
    Oh, and found this on Autotrader.com. :)
  • rx2012rx2012 Member Posts: 1
    I got the same options in NOVA at $41500 OUT DOOR PRICE, INCLUDING TTL, TAX,ETC...
    SO, try to target the price at $39,xxx.
    Andrews8. I'm in FL. Lexus of palm beach
    Has anyone bought or got a quote today?
    0.9% for excellent credit (probably > 700).
    I have a question about financing. How do they determine the length of time on the loan? I qualified for 0.9 but what would affect it being 36 or 48 or 60 months? Thanks
  • bama_stripesbama_stripes Member Posts: 6
    I have been pressing for a quotes today. Most dealers must be busy because it is taking a long time for sales personnel to get back to me.

I have been asking for quotes on three different configurations: a non-nav car with a Msrp of 45,323 (premium pkg/heated seats/19" wheels), the same car(minus the 19" wheels) but adding nav, Msrp of 46040, and the same car but add comfort and 19" wheels, Msrp of 48,878. Thus far the best quotes I have received are 41,284 on the 45,323 Msrp, 42,321 on the 46,040 Msrp, and 44,600 on the 48,858 Msrp. None of these include any coupons. The dealers I am dealing with say they are out of coupons.

The dealers are located in the Atlanta area. I feel I should be able to beat these prices, but they are telling me this is the best that they can do. Any thoughts ?
  • flexidoxflexidox Member Posts: 1
    I've looked at Rx 350s at two different Atlanta Lexus dealerships, Hennessy Lexus and the dealer in Roswell. One had an MSRP of approximately 44,000 and I was told I could purchase it with 4,000 off.
    The other, with a price of approximately 49,000, could be purchased, also with 4,000 off. Neither salesman mentioned any $1,000 coupon. What is that exactly? I was offered 14,700 for my 2006
    ES 330 by Carmax but only 12,500 by the Lexus dealer. I plan to go to Lexus of S Atlanta because they have the color I want. I was told I could get the .9 per cent financing for 5 years.
    you mentioned that the car with MSRP of 46040 has NAV. Is it an AWD or FWD?
    In the east coast I have mostly come across with two MSRPs.
    45k without NAV and 49k with NAV.
  • bama_stripesbama_stripes Member Posts: 6
    These cars are all FWD. The 46,040 car does not have the comfort pkg. It its basically the 45k car with nav.
    edited December 2011
    Thank you..
    They don't care, they asked me what the length of the loan is, I said just stretched it out to 60 months, with 0.9 the additional interest is minimal.
  • brneyedgirlbrneyedgirl Member Posts: 2
    I spent a few hours there yesterday looking at RX350s. Purchased current vehicle there. So much for December to Remember sales event etc. The most they would come down on a new (but driven 2000 mi) 2012 was $3000 on an MSRP of 49000+. They never even talked about the .9 financing, but showed a 4.35 or around that rate on the quote sheet. I guess they don't need the business or care to keep customers. Herb Chambers quoted me 4800 off MSRP for a lower priced model. Very disappointed in IRA.
  • hondaman16hondaman16 Member Posts: 19
    0.9 apr is only on the new car and with 700+ credit score which I assume you have.
    In another words, you can get a better deal on the new car.
    Not sure what MSRP on the offer you got from Chambers but 4800 off MSRP isn't bad at all.
    Did you also try Lexus of Watertown?
  • brneyedgirlbrneyedgirl Member Posts: 2
    The MSPR was 45800 or so and I am qualified for the .9. I had pricing on several vehicles, all 2012s are sold as new even the one w/2000 mi. Haven't tried Watertown but am going there tomorrow.h
    Thanks. Just talked to mgr at finance and they are switching it to 60 as I originally wanted. Seems I was just unlucky with my first finance guy. I love my new 350!!!
  • kalcriskalcris Member Posts: 1
    CHambers quoted me $3500 off a $49875 or 7% and weren't exactly generous with the trade value for my 06 RX - I declined. I bought a CPO GX off them in August but they weren't to eager to give me a good deal this time.

I looked at IRA and Watertown when we bought our new 06RX, IRA was 3% off, and Watertown wasn't much better at the time. Watertown says they have some leftover 11's, keep us informed.
  • chicagoan1chicagoan1 Member Posts: 7
    Purchased RX350 AWD with premium, comfort & nav, MSRP of $49,500 or so. Best quotes came in around $4,000-$4,300 below MSRP. Dealers in Merrillville, Brookfield and Orland Park were a pleasure to deal with and would work with again.
  • gradybailleegradybaillee Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2012
    I appreciate all the great info on this forum. I am wanting to purchase a 2012 rx350 in a specific exterior/interior and options totalling $43,670 MSRP, $39546 invoice. Does anyone have an idea of what I should negotiate towards? I am in the state of TN but willing to travel to purchase.
    Thank you in advance.
  • ohiodriver1ohiodriver1 Member Posts: 6
    Yes, great info. I'm in Columbus Ohio and want 2012 RX350 AWD in either obsidian/parchment or silver/black, non-nav. No trade in. Truecar says MSRP is $45,850 and invoice just over $41K. Columbus Lexus dealers (only 2, both called Germain), said the $500 over invoice "December to Remember" special wouldn't apply to 2012 RX 350. But, it looks like folks on this forum have done even better than invoice.

Does anyone have any suggestions on target price or even dealerships? Is ten percent off invoice too aggressive?
    I would at least shoot for invoice. I have a 2012 fwd no nav with prem pack 19 in wheels heated seats tow pack mats top rails etc with Msrp over 45k at 39600 plus 1 k off (with Lexus 500 coupon x2) applied after TTL. So I just say 38600. I qualified for dec to remember rate. Just check the Lexus site and type your zip code. It will tell you If the ex is running specials in your region. The first finance guy I dealt with was a jerk and tried to doop me into 4.25 percent and I refused to close the deal. He then gave me 0.9 at 36 and said Lexus wasn't offering 60months at that rate. I called Lexus financial next day and said that wasn't true. Called and spoke to mgr of finance who apologized for this and had me resign the 0.9 at 60months. I am extremely pleased with price and new finance rate. Good luck.
    Thanks pearljam7! Sounds like you got a great deal. I checked the zip code for Columbus and it just mentions to see dealer for details. Did they offer you the coupons or did you mention it to them?

Was your buying experience anywhere near central Ohio? I've visited one dealer (several times, lots of time spent in the dealership) and then made internet inquiry at another. Both times when I mentioned 'invoice' I was pretty much told that was not an option. I told them I had no trade in. Do I need to fill out a financing statement to be taken serious?

Thanks!
  • a_loha_loh Member Posts: 3
    Please let me know what prices y'all paid for your 2012 RX350 in Houston area. Any dealer/Salesperson recommendation would be appreciated. I wouldn't mind travel a bit to get a better price.
  • ffactoryxxffactoryxx Member Posts: 7
    So I have a 2005 Triple Black Acura TL Auto w/NAV in great condition. Still shines after a good wash.

It currently has under 91K on it. I would like to trade that in to either lease a New Lexus RX350 2012 model or maybe lease a 2011 if they have them.

On the flip side I might want to buy a 2010 RX350 or 2011 depending on the deal I get. Looking for the Tech package in it so Navigation would be nice.

Been also looking at Highlanders, MDX

An SUV is new territory for me coming from a sporty car.

My main two reason for looking around and maybe I can get this in a new car instead of SUV is snow and ice. My Acura is front wheel but I am scared to death in snow (slides everywhere) and it's tough bring my skii's and boots during winter. Would an all wheel drive car give me the same handling as an SUV?
    Not sure if the coupons are still available, but I know each dealership was given a set qty and once they are done that's it. You have to ask about it. A few dealers acted like I was crazy when I asked for it, but I finally found one willing to dish out. It's pretty early in the month, I recommend halting negotiation until end of month. Good luck
  • thepostmanthepostman Member Posts: 49
    Houston dealers are jerks...tried to negotiate a deal but they are like take it or leave it......left clear lake Lexus and went to champion Acura and sealed a deal on a Acura MDX in about 2 hours....love my MDX TECH.....36mo/520 per month

GOOD LUCK WITH LEXUS
  • sjr200sjr200 Member Posts: 8
    Hey All,

Two questions for everyone after extensive reading here and doing some research to purchase a new 2012 RX350:

1) I've seen an Inventory Detail on a particular RX350 from a dealer where they listed TDA (the Toyota advertising fee) in addition to dealr cost + destintation charge. When everyone here says 'invoice' are you all including the extra 580.00 or so for TDA or are some of you able to negotiate that out of what a dealer considers their 'invoice'? I'd love to hear what some of your experiences are regarding this and whether I should attempt to knock that out when talking to a dealer.

2) Anyone have any insight to what the climate for buying is here in So Cal? Are dealers willing to go below invoice at this time or they being stingy? I'm sure experience will vary but I'm curious to see what people are running into. I havn't started talking to dealers yet, just done the usual research here at edmunds, kbb, carsdirect, etc.

Also for what its worth, I put in a request for the Costco Auto program and the dealer they connected me with came back with a quote for 900 over invoice. I requested to see the invoice via email and thats where I saw the TDA tacked on. So in reality it was 900 + 580 = 1380 over invoice.

That particular car had an MSRP of 47589 and their 'invoice' including TDA was 43499: The Rx is a FWD, Premium, Appearance, NAV, Heated vent seats, steering wheel/shift knob, parking assist, preffered accessories package, roof cross bar.

Any info about the So Cal market would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking at going out to buy at the end of the month. Thanks.
  • pjamesepjamese Member Posts: 15
    edited January 2012
    I just purchased a new 2012 RX350 no NAV MSRP $44,184 from a San Diego area dealer for $39,000 and got 1.9% for 60mo. I orginally emailed all 3 asking for that price and all of them came back around $40-41k. They all seemed to want my business because they kept asking when I was going to come in but I didn't want to unless I had a verbal or emailed price agreed on (they don't like to email invoice or below offers which I can understand)

Process of emailing and calling dealers only took 2 days and one agreed to $39k, another dealer just a few hundred dollars more, and the last dealer was a little cryptic, but I'm sure would have done it at $39500 or less.

I didn't have any of those coupons or loyalty so not sure how they got to that price but you should be able to get one at $4500-$5000 off MSRP. I think it all depends how many of a certain package they have on the lot and if more are coming on the next shipment. Maybe the non NAV packages are not as popular? Good luck in your search
    Ohio dealers I've contacted have acknowledged the coupons but say they expired end of 2011. Funny though, the national Lexus Customer Service person checked with the regional rep for Ohio and said they didn't exist. Best price I've found is $1500 over invoice. Though I'd love a Lexus in my garage and would buy now, I'm not in a rush and so I'll wait and see what, if anything, the end of January brings. This thread's been great. Thanks.
  • gklatvgklatv Member Posts: 35
    I think, TDA is often added when dealing through the Costco or similar "club" buying program. When contacting dealers directly, usually there will be no TDA add-on. In most cases, however, you'll get charged doc fees.
  • sjr200sjr200 Member Posts: 8
    Thanks for the info everyone. I just started the emailing of dealers, we'll see how it goes ;)
  • jvmxtrajvmxtra Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2012
    Can someone figure out money factor and residual based on below? This is nj

Based on $45825

$469 36 month

$3619 due at signing

------------------------------

I am trying to figure out the negotiated price if I can keep the same monthly and put $500 only at signing
    edited January 2012
    Hi
    Dealer here in Northern Ca has more than 25 Rx on lot. It seems that these cars did not sell well in December. Also Japan shipments just started to show up. This is a good time to get deals. 8K plus off MSRP seems possible from previous postings. You got a fair not a great deal. Keep in mind the car will be refreshed in few months for 2013 model.
  • pjamesepjamese Member Posts: 15
    I don't think anyone has received a base RX msrp $44184 at $7k or $8k off. If you can get me one at $36,000 then I will take another.

I do agree that deals will get a little better if inventory continues to grow
  • jvmxtrajvmxtra Member Posts: 3
    if i have 3 remaining payments ( = $1500 ) and residual is 17k...
    But based on very low mileage i drove and decent rating(actually it's very good condition), trade in value came in at around 24k

Does this mean, if dealer were to bought out my car, (17k + 1500 = 18,500) and then 24k - 18500 = $5500... I understand that that's not all the money person will see(probably dealer will have to sell the car to others) but how much money can I use that towards next downpayment?
    edited January 2012
    I think you definatly over paid, the car will be refreshed in May 2012 with new bumper and lights and dealers need to clean all their inventory. Some folks are getting upto 10k off. Call Lexus of Oakland.