Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Porsche 911 Lease Questions

kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,951
Ask your Porsche 911 lease questions here!

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Comments

• jlukawitz1jlukawitz1 Posts: 1
    I ordered a '06 911 Carrera S 6-spd that is arriving this week. I want to lease either for 36 months/15k a year, or 48 months/15k a year. Can you tell me what the residual rate for the 2, as well as the money factor. I was quote 45% and 4.5 for a 4 year lease, but this seems high.

Any help you can offer is great.

Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi jlukawitz1. If you were to lease a 2006 Porsche 911 Coupe S through Porsche Credit right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00290 and 53%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease should be .00300 and 45%.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • JingleJillJingleJill Posts: 120
    Hey Mr. Car_Man,

I'm looking at gently used 2003 911... Can you tell me what the going lease numbers are for 36 months at 15,000 miles per year?

I am a traditional finance person, so leasing is a whole new ballgame to me. Care to assist so I don't get hammered?

Thank you,

Stacy
  • Car-man -

Looking to lease a 2006 or 07 997 Cab. Non S car. Looking at 24 or 36 mos, 10K annual miles. What should I be paying. Minimum down. 24mos - Dealer is hitting me at .73 resid on an 07, money factor of .00365. Thanks, Bill
  • Hey Stacy. Unfortunately, I don't keep tabs on used vehicle lease programs. The reasons that I do not are that they are much less popular than new vehicle leases and there are so many variables, like vehicle mileage, condition, etc. that have an impact upon used vehicle lease programs that it is a ton of data to keep track of. Sorry that I could not be of more help.

Since you are new to the world of leasing, I can at least point you in the direction of some articles that are available here on Edmunds.com that will help you understand how it works. You definitely should check them out prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi roadking1. Porsche Credit's current buy rate lease money factor for all leases is .00310. If you are being charges a higher money factor than this, chances are that the dealer you are working with is marking your car's buy rate up to add additional back-end profit to your deal. This is a fairly common practice amongst luxury brand dealers. Now that you know what your car's buy rate is, you may be able to get the dealer that you are working with to use it to calculate your car's monthly payment. I would be happy to tell you approximately what that payment should be if you provide me with the full MSRP and approximate selling price of the car that you are interested in.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings,

I have a 2007 C2S Coupe Tiptronic arriving at a dealership later this week and wanted to do some homework on residuals and competitive lease rates before I arrive at the dealership to finalize. I tried to obtain a quote from LeaseWizard, but they replied that ALG hasn't posted residuals for the 2007 models as of yet. Does anybody have access to this information and may be able to post?

I am looking at leasing for either 36 or 48 months with 15,000 (maybe 12K).

Thanks for any assistance!
  • my experience is that car companies offer better residuals and/or money factors for cars they want to move. so it is logical that the 2006 would have a better mf but it should also have a better cap cost as well bcs it is a 2006 and the 2007s are hitting the dealerships.
  • Hey Christina. Yes, Porsche Credit's buy rate lease money factor is the same for 2007 and 2006 models (it's the .00310 that you mentioned). The dealers that you spoke with are probably trying to take advantage of the fact that consumers would rather have a 2007 model than a 2006 model and the fact that the '07s have higher residual values right now by marking up Porsche Credit's buy rate on 2007 models.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum

P.S. I had to delete your original post because it contained masked profanity, which violates the Edmunds.com Forums' membership agreement.
  • I haven't seen ALG's residual values for the 2007 Porsche 911, but I have seen something better, Porsche Credit's residual values for it. If you were to lease a 2007 Porsche 911 C2 Coupe with Tiptronic through Porsche Credit right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its residual value should be 60%. The residual value for an otherwise identical 48 month lease is 54%. If you were to lease this car with only 12,000 miles per year its residual values would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • ajitpkajitpk Posts: 7
    Dear Carman,

What are the residuals for a 2006 C4 cab manual vs a 2007 C4 cab manual 36 and 48 month with 12,000 miles. I am able to get about $10000 off the 2006 so figuring if its worth leasing that instead of a 2007.
    Thanks
  • I am in a similar situation. What I have found is that the 2006's are heavily discounted (~$10K off) but also have much lower residuals (8% lower).

For example
    2006 C4, MSRP $95K, Sell $85K, Residual 54%
    2007 C4, MSRP $95K, Sell $92K, Residual 62%

If you run the numbers the lease payments are about the same. For me, the conclusion was to build a 2007 car exactly how I want it ($87K) and get $2-$3K off MSRP. The payment is about the same as as if I got a discounted 2006 car with many options I do not want.

I hope this is useful info.
  • martinfmartinf Posts: 121
    You are making the right call. If you were purchasing, the 2006 would be the better deal, but if you are leasing, the loss of 8% on your residual will cost you about $7600, entirely wiping out the discount advantage on the 2006 car.
  • I received a quote for $1,200/month, tax already included, for a 36 month lease with 12k miles/year for a 2007 911 Carrera with an MSRP of $74k.
    Residual is 57%. $0 down.

Is this a fair monthly payment?

Thanks in advance.
  • can anyone help me come up with leasing 130,000.00 TT&L included for 36 months, 12,000 miles per year i couldnt find any residual values for this model.
    What is the discount they are giving you against the MSRP of $74,000 and what is the money factor they are charging you? I could figure one of those out if you gave me the other, but it would save me a little work to have both. If you are interested, cars.com has an extremely user friendly lease calculator on their website that I generally use to double check lease numbers for myself and friends.
  • Unfortunately, I do not have the exact discount off the $74k. Money factor is .00330 and residual is 57%. Thanks again.
    Alright, you made me work a little harder, but no problem. I assumed a sales tax of 7% and was able to back out from your other numbers that your capitalized cost (discounted price) is $69,500, about $4500 under MSRP. Your Money Factor equates to an interest rate of just under 8% (.00330 x 2400). If those are the Porsche Financial residual factors and money factors, your discount seems reasonable. The dealership should give you the information on the capitalized cost at some point prior to you signing the contract. I have not been shopping the vehicles for awhile, but I did get $10,000 off MSRP in 7/06 for a 2006 C4 Cabriolet with MSRP of $93,000, purchase price of $83,000. Good luck, they are awesome vehicles!
    I think the residual of 57% is too low. Is that a Porsche Financial figure or some other lease company. See the other recent postings from fellow lessees. It seems your residual should be closer to 62% for a 36month/36,000 mile lease, which would translate into $3700 more in your pocket over the course of the 36 month lease or about $100/month. I should have checked those other posts first!
  • MartinF is correct. 57% might be the residual for a 2006 model but the 2007 models should be around 61% - 64% for a non S 2007 coupe (depending on miles per year).