Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Porsche 911 Lease Questions

Comments

• Hey Blackberryxyz, what is the location of your dealership and do you remember the sales rep? I want to know more about your deal.
    Thanks
  • I am 1.5 years into my first PFS lease. Seeing the great deals people are getting as the economy continues to limp along, what kind of negotiating power can one expect at the end of the lease? Specifically: 1) if I want to purchase vehicle at end of lease, who do I negotiate with as far as the price? 2) Has anyone recently purchased a 911 at the end of a lease and how much less that resid value did you get it for? (understanding residual value is calculated based on MSRP) 3) Does PFS give incentives for repeat leasing?
    Many thanks.
  • No problem gre09.

PFS' 10,000 mile per year residual values are 1% higher than its 12k resids.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hey gre09. According to the latest information that I have seen, Porsche Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of s 2010 911 C2 Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00167 and 57%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're welcome, esq3. You never mentioned this car's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them.

Without this number, it is much more difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given, and in turn if there is any room left to negotiate. Let us know what the selling price is and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • Greetings epion49. If you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

You never mentioned what this car's MSRP or selling price are. It is difficult to evaluate this deal without these numbers. Let us know what they are and I'm sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will let you know what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi cardiohex. You are correct, vehicles' purchase option prices are based upon a percentage of their full MSRPs.

The first thing that I would do if I was interested in purchasing my vehicle at lease-end is contact the bank that I was leasing it through a month or two before the scheduled end date. While more often than not banks will not negotiate vehicles' purchase prices, from time to time they will, so it doesn't hurt to ask.

Unfortunately, Porsche is not currently providing any cash incentives to loyal customers that I am aware of.

Car_man
    Host
  • esq3esq3 Posts: 4
    Thanks. I have worked a new deal on a base 2010 c2. The car stickers at $90,500. The dealer is offering the car for $78,500. The lease payments are $1010.00 plus tax with $3500 down and 10k per year. Please let me know what you think. When playing around with a financial calculator it seems like the payments should be less with a 57% residual? I do know that they have not come all the way down to .00167 as the money factor; they are at .00185, which by my calculations only adds about $5 per month. Thanks for your help.
  • You're welcome esq3. The car that you described probably has a spread of nine to ten thousand dollars and change between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. You are being quoted a dealer discount of $12,000. This looks like a very good deal to me.

The difference in money factor is small when compared to the huge discount that you are being given. If you like the car, I personally don't see any reason not to go for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • alexp4alexp4 Posts: 1
    Dear Car Man,

I am buying one of the last 2011 Turbo Cab's :)

I wanted to see if you know what the current best terms for a PFS lease are. My dealer is quoting me 0.00290 money factor (seems awfully high) and a 54% residual for 36 mo's / 10k miles.

Is it normal for them to charge a $895 bank fee and is that ever waived?

I got the car for only 1,000 off MSRP (but got to custom order all the options). How bad a deal did I do?

Many many thanks for your help!
    Alex
  • gre09gre09 Posts: 9
    Car_man

What are the current offers on a 911 PDK [residual and money factor] for a 24 month / 10k miles per year lease ?
    What are the deals on a 36 month/10k miles/per year lease [money factor & residual]

What are the current loyalty programs for current lessors?

Thanks for your help!
  • i'm interested in the 2010 or 2009 c4 cab, anyone know discounts, money factor, residual on 24, 36 mo 10K leases?
  • Nice car, Alex. The last time that I checked, Porsche Financial Services' buy rate standard lease money factor was .00250 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. It appears as though the dealer may be attempting to mark up the money factor that they are using to calculate your car's payment.

Porsche Financial Services charges a $895 acquisition aka bank fee on every vehicle that it leases. They won't waive this fee. You can either pay it at lease signing or roll it into your car's capitalized cost to make it part of your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi gre09. Porsche Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 911 Coupe PDK with 10,000 miles per year are .00250 and 66%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00250 and 57%.

I actually am not aware of any owner loyalty offers on the 911 right now, but it wouldn't hurt to check with a dealer to make certain that there isn't any.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi surgeon1. Porsche Financial Services definitely isn't leasing 2009 911s as new vehicles any longer. You can still lease a new 2010 model though.

PFS' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 911 C4 Cabriolet with 10,000 miles per year are .00167 and 65%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00167 and 53%.

Car_man
    Host
  • do you know what the rate is for a c2 cab? and residuals? how does it drive in snow???
  • aguagaguag Posts: 4
    What is the money factor and residual on a C4S coupe? 24 and 36 months. Same as the Cab you posted earlier? Thanks a lot!
  • Hi surgeon1. Porsche Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 911 C2 Cabriolet with 15,000 miles per year are .00167 and 52%, respectively.

I have never personally driven this car in the snow, but my guess is that it is absolutely terrible in it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi aguag. Porsche Financial Services' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 911 C4S Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00167 and 62%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00167 and 50%.

Car_man
    Host
  • aguagaguag Posts: 4
    Sorry - 10,000 mile lease.