Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Porsche 911 Lease Questions

Comments

• Carman, residuals please on: C4/C4s/C4Vert (12k miles, 36 months) Thanks!
  • Local dealer is offering the following lease: MSRP $93,000 Discount of 3,000 so cap cost is 90,000 with 0 down, money factor .00380, residual 55%, 12,000 miles for 48 months. Lease payments including tax is $1475. It seems a bit high to me but I don't know if they will come down any more. What do you think? Thanks
  • Hi:

With $0 drive off, this sounds about right. I would need to know the drive off fees that are being rolled into the payment and your tax rate to confirm.

If you paid the drive off fees I estimate payments would be approx $100/mo lower. Using your MSRP, cap cost and MF:

The Edmunds lease calculator gives a payment of ~$1409 / mo incl tax (8%).

Leasecompare.com comes out to $1287/mo before tax.

I think you can get a better discount. $5500 off MSRP is more appropriate on this vehicle at this time. An extra $2500 off cap cost will save you approx $60/mo ($2880 over 48 months).

Take a good look at leasecompare.com. I like their plans because their residuals are much lower. All things being equal (i.e. payment) a lower residual with lower MF is better than a high residual and high MF.
  • Thanks so much for your input. My total initial payment would include $1410 in fees and $388 for "other upfnt" as well as the 1st lease payment. I had the dealer run a lease payment for US Bank as well, and it did have a lower MF and RV, but the monthly payment was just over $1500. I don't plan on buying the car at the end of the lease so do you still think it is better with the lower MF and RV? Also, to be complete, the Porsche lease payment of 1475 includes a base of 1365 and taxes of 110. Thanks again.
  • Hi:

If you are paying the fees and first month up front then $1365/mo (before tax) sounds higher than I would expect.

leasecompare.com quotes $1287/mo (before tax) for your MSRP and Cap Cost. Over 48 months the $80/mo difference will add up ($3840).

It might be worth getting an alternate quote. If nothing else it will make you feel better about the Porsche Financing numbers. Good luck. Let me know how it goes.
  • No problem, gblind8. OK, so you're interested in a 2007 Porsche Carrera Coupe that has an MSRP of $74,000 and a selling price of $71,281. You're being given a $2,700 discount on this car. I know that Porsche dealers are heavily discounting leftover 2006 Cayman S and Cayenne models, but I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the 2007 911 right now. Have you tried comparison shopping any? It might now be a bad idea to get another price quote or two on this car.

The U.S. Bank money factor that you were quoted for this car is much lower than Porsche Credit's current money factor for it. As long as its residual value is close to Porsche Credit's then you would be better off leasing through U.S. Bank.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, jhl1963. Porsche Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Porsche 911 C4 Coupe with 12,000 miles per year are .00310 and 62%, respectively. The numbers for the 2007 911 C4 Coupe S are .00310 and 60%. Lastly, the numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 911 C4 Convertible are .00310 and 61%. All of the aforementioned residual values are for cars with manual transmissions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello jmatson266. I'm not all that familiar with what the market is like for the 911 right now, so I can't comment on this car's selling price, but I can tell you that the money factor that you were quoted is too high. For consumers who qualify for its top credit tier, Porsche Credit's 48 month current buy rate lease money factor for all models is currently .00320. Make sure that the dealer uses this money factor to calculate your car's payment. The residual value that you were quoted look about right to me.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • anyone know the current money factors & residuals for the new Targa 4S?
  • Thanks for the great info in the past. How does this deal measure up?
    2007 911 Carrera Coupe Tip

0.0034 Money Factor
    $44,520.00 Residual (56%)
    $79,350 Selling Price
    $83,680 MSRP
    15k mi/year
    36 mos
    $1,390/month, tax already included

Did I get a good deal here? I would like to make the deal soon if it's good, or I'll keep looking and ask for advice from you later. Thanks for all your wonderful help.
  • FWIW it looks decent to me. Inline with what I have been seeing lately. Is this through Porsche or a different lease company?
  • Thanks for the reply. It is through Porsche per the dealer. I was a bit confused because when I ran it through edmunds lease calculator, I was coming up with the quoted lease rate ($1317lease not including tax which is $73/mo) with different numbers:
    a selling price of $78,000, residual 61% and MF of 0.0033

If I run it with the numbers from the dealer ($79,350 selling price, residual 56% and MF of 0.0034, I come up with $1453/mo excluding tax.

From the other disussions, I understand the current MF to be 0.0031 and RV 61% for 2007 C2s.

Please help if you can. Thanks again very much.
  • Hi:

Can you get a better deal? Could you lower your payment by $50-$75/month. Probably. For example, you could negotiate another $1000 off your purchase price (6% discount should be fairly easy to negotiate). You could also negotiate the MF if the dealer is adding some backend profit (the difference between 7.44% and 7.92% interest).

In general however I think your deal is decent.

I ran your numbers through lease compare. The best lease payment for 36mo 15k/year was:

RV: $45,980
    MF: 0.00224
    Payment: $1,238 before tax

It might be helpful for you to use this as a comparison (I don't know what your tax rate is).

I hope this helps.
  • Thanks very much. I appreciate the advice. I'll see if a better deal can be had, if not, I'll still look forward to driving a great car.
  • Good luck and congrats. Let me know the details of the final deal when you take delivery.
  • hi guys,
    i ordered and will be leasing a 2007 911 turbo tiptronic from rusnak.
    they have us bank and porsche financial services leases. the list and selling price as ordered is about $133,000. i'm debating a 36 or 48 month lease and am wondering if you know the current buy rates and residuals for the institutions and lease periods. i drive about 6k/yr. also, does it make sense to go elsewhere for the lease? i have excellent credit and can come up with a decent cap reduction if it helps rate-wise.
    please advise.
  • Hi john_galt. This car's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and what mileage allowance you choose. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Porsche Credit's current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2007 Porsche 911 C4S Targa without the Tiptronic transmission are .00310 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi turboguy. I haven't seen U.S. Bank's lease program for this car lately, but I have seen Porsche Credit's program. According to the latest information that I have seen, Porsche Credit's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 911 Turbo with Tiptronic and 15,000 miles per year are .00310 and 56%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00320 and 50%. The lowest mileage allowance that I have seen Porsche Credit offer on leases is 10,000 miles per year. Its 10k residual values are 3% higher than the aforementioned 15k residuals. You may be able to lease through them with fewer miles than this. Check with your dealer to see if it is possible to do so.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • I'll lease at 12k miles/year and either 36 or 48 months.

I've also heard that US Bank is typically lower money factor and lower residual than Porsche, thereby making the payment roughly the same.

Is that true, and if so, other than if one wants to purchase at the end of the lease, how does one decide which is better?

Thanks
  • thanks car_man. i'll check.
  • John:

Given the same payment for two leases I would go with the lease that has the low residual and low MF.

This leaves you in a better position at the end of the lease if you decide to sell the car or keep it.
  • Turboguy:

Do not put down 'a decent cap reduction'. With a lease it is best to put as little money down as possible. If you put down a big cap reduction and the vehicle is totaled you do not get that money back.
  • Hey John. Porsche Credit's residual values for leases with 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher than its 15,000 mile per year residual values. If you were to lease a 2007 Porsche 911 C4 S Coupe with a manual transmission through Porsche Credit right now for 48 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00320 and 52%, respectively.

I am not personally all that familiar with U.S. Bank's lease program for Porsches, but it wouldn't shock me if it was about the same as Porsche Credit's given the lack of support on Porsche leases. If U.S. Banks' money factors and residual values are lower yet its lease payments are about the same then theoretically you would be better off leasing through it than through Porsche Credit because the lower residual value would make your car's lease-end purchase price lower.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • No problem turboguy.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • We tend to use US Bank more frequerntly because their Money Factor is always so much lower than PFS, although PFS has, as would be expected, significantly higher residuals...
  • I would welcome thoughts on this deal:
    2007 C2 Cab manual
    $85250 purchase price/$93000 MSRP
    39mo lease
    15K miles
    52000 residual (61%)
    0.00259 MF (not thru Porsche)

lease $1268/mo (not including tax)
    Thanks much.
  • Car Man,

Can you give me your input with regard to the following deal I worked out at a dealership in Connecticut:

Car - 997 Carrera S (Car is in inventory)
    Invoice including destination - $89,205
    Quoted price by dealer - $83,405

Lease term - 36 months
    Residual - 59% or $52,631
    Annual mileage - 10,000

Upfront fees:

Acquisition Fee - $745
    Registration - $155
    Documentation - $239
    Disposition Fee - $350

Base payment excluding taxes - $1310.55

He didn't give me the money factor but is quoting the rate between 6 and 7 percent.

Are any of the upfront fees negotiable?

Do you think I am getting a reasonable discount (6.7%)?

What is your personal opinion if you had to decide between the Carrera S and the Targa 4?

Thanks,

Steve
  • Car Man,

I'd appreciate your opinion on this lease through Porsche Credit.

Carrera S Cab MSRP $121,290

Cap Cost $116,938 ( This includes $6000 needed to pay off my trade, so the negotiated cap cost was actually $109,938)

Residual $49,456

Due at signing

Cap Cost Reduction $26,578.98 (I want to do this to reduce my payments so I can lease the car through a business, and I plan on buying the car after the lease is over)

1st mo pmt $1216.64
    Tire fee $8.75
    Registration $781
    Sales and Use Tax 2059.87

60 mos 12K per year

Pmt including tax $1216.64

Thanks,

Caboman1
  • looks like a good deal to me.
  • Caboman:

Don't put down a large cap cost reduction.

Here is some feedback from Car Man regarding Cap Cost Reduction from some other lease forums on Edmunds:

"you may want to consider not making any sort of capitalized cost reduction on your lease. You would be better off going with a zero down lease."

"If one totals a leased vehicle in an accident, their vehicle is gone and with is goes any benefit that they were receiving from having made a cap cost reduction."

"It's true that it is not really a good idea to make capitalized cost reductions on leases. Consumers who do risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered."