Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Porsche 911 Lease Questions

Comments

• Yes, miamiadjuster, that was the program for the Coupe. I don't think that PFS allows consumers to buy down their money factor by making additional security deposits, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Good catch kyfdx. You're right, the first set of numbers was indeed for 36-month leases.

Car_man
    Host
  • You're welcome, alsolia. The Coupe numbers that I provided were for a lease with 15,000 miles per year. The residual value for a 10k lease would be 3% higher.

According to the latest information that I have seen, Porsche Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 48-month lease of a 2012 911 991 C2 Convertible are .00200 and 51%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey Mac. The dealer cash that is available on the old-style 911s is indeed available on S variants.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_man,

I would like to know what the March lease rates (36-month and 48-month) are for the 991 S coupe. Thank you for your time!
  • I would like to know the buy rate and the residual percentage on a new 911 carrera s. Can you help me? I am getting a lot of conflicting stories from different dealers.
  • gerenbgerenb Posts: 1
    I am also interested in the lease information for the new 911 Carrera S. Specifically, what would be the money factor and residual on a 36-month, 10,000 mile lease for the new 911 Carrera S?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi miamiadjuster. As far as I know, the March numbers for this car are exactly the same as the February numbers were.

PFS' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 911 S Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00200 and 51%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey day_dreamer. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
  • hlee1169hlee1169 Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man,

Do you have the buy rate and residual for the new Carrera S Cab, 10K miles, and 36 months? I know it's usually lower than the Coupe, but don't know how much. Thanks!
  • poykayilpoykayil Posts: 9
    Hey Car_Man

I was given the same mf from two different dealers, but the residuals were 57% they quoted
  • thepuyathepuya Posts: 3
    I was quoted for a 60mo. lease, $10K drive off, 7500 miles a year: $1451 a month. Sticker price was $113K for the 991 Carrera S.

The dealer didn't tell me the money rate or residual, but I feel this is kinda high.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,946
    Wow.... unless you are writing off this lease payment to your business, I can't imagine that this is a good deal..

$97,000 for 60 months (and only 37,500 miles!)?

If you borrowed $113K at 3% for 60 months, your payment would be $2030/month, for a total of $122K (including interest)..

So, for $25K extra over the next five years, you'll end up with a car that will sell for between $40K-$45K at lease end...

I don't usually try to compare leases to buying directly, like this... but, a 60 month lease and a 60-month purchase are pretty much directly comparable... If this payment was on a 36 month, 12K mi/yr lease, I might feel differently about it..

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

kyfdx,

I agree, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't losing my mind.

You're right, I could buy the car for only a little more. I'm, going to visit the dealer to see what's going on, maybe I can haggle them down.

Another dealer offered a 60mo lease at $1430/month with 5K miles a year for a 991 carrera s that had a sticker of $120K. Absurd.
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,946
    My local dealer is advertising a 2011 Carrera GTS for $5K down and $1250/mo... for just 27 months...

I realize that isn't the same model.... but, 60 month leases are almost never a good idea...

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Local dealer is quoting for a new 2011 Turbo:

MSRP: $151,680
    Residual 43% @ $65222.40
    48mo. Lease
    5k miles per year
    MF: 0.00200
    $14995 total drive off. No security deposit required.
    $1599 per month

Ideally i would want a 36month lease with 10k miles per yr. not sure if it is worth getting a 2011 vs a 2012 since residual most likely will be lower on the 2011 and eat away from whatever discount the dealer may offer.
  • hlee1169hlee1169 Posts: 3
    Hello, I am still hoping the host could give the residual for the new 911 S Cab, thanks very much in advance.
    I ended up finding a deal for a 2012 carrera 4 GTS cabriolet. $10K drive off, $1150/month (w/o tax), 24 months, 5K miles a year.

It was exactly what I was looking for.
  • fq1fq1 Posts: 45
    Congrats, a wonderful car! Could you please share what the MSRP, capitalized cost, residual and MF for you car were.
    Hi hlee1169. According to the latest information that I have seen, Porsche Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a new 2012 911 S Cabriolet with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host