Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Porsche 911 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi jetty56. Southern California is typically a pretty competitive market with attractive prices for new vehicles. Having said that, I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the 911 in your area right now. This car has a spread of at least $8,000 between its MSRP and dealer invoice price, so there's certainly a lot more room than $1,000 to $2,000 off to play with. Whether the dealers will be willing to do so is another story. Have you tried comparison shopping with a couple of dealers?

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi dkumar1. Porsche Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 911 Convertible with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00200 and 50%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dinoman. You definitely should be able to negotiate a larger discount on a 2012 911 than you would be able to get on a 2013 model.

Porsche Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 911 Cab S with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 model are .00200 and interestingly exactly the same 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey dinoman. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
  • I just took delivery on a 2012 911S. Factory ordered. I placed the order in March 2012 for a 2012, but found out during the June build that it would be delivered as a 2013. PDK, sport plus, sport exhaust, folding mirrors, bose and factory painted black sport rims.

The dealer gave me a 4.5% off MSRP and his cost on an installation of a full front clear bra. Not a screaming deal, but better than anyone else in Northern California was willing to give me for a factory ordered 911 and very good customer service.

I evaluated leasing and was quoted the 48 month residual of 50% and a money factor of .00240 (the dealer was transparent that he was marking up the buy rate)....but I figured the car would be worth at least 50% in four years as a tradein...and I wanted to avoid all the lease fees and hassle, so I decided to just go with a cash purchase.
  • I am wondering if its normal for the dealer to mark up the lease rate. I noticed the program says .00200 and he wanted to charge .003500
  • Hi dcohen2683. Dealers, particularly luxury-brand dealers, try to mark up vehicle's money factors all the time. Having said that, savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition are usually able to lease vehicles without any sort of money factor mark-up. I certainly wouldn't let a dealer mark up the money factor on me if I was interested in leasing something. Shoot got the buy rate and see what happens.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car Man:
    I've noticed that the residuals you've been quoting are now below 60%. In answer to question #445 you replied, "Porsche Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 991 S Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. " A few months back I was seeing residuals in the 60% + range for the same lease. Do you know why the residual dropped so much?

I was considering a 24mos lease of this same vehicle, but at a 57% residual, I'm not sure I want to now.

Thanks for your help.
  • which dealer did you end up going with in N. Calif? I'm also thinking of doing a factory order.
  • Good question dfc52. Vehicles' residual values almost always gradually decline as the model year progresses. A vehicle's resids will be significantly higher at the beginning of the model year than they will be at the end.

Car_man
    Host
  • kerbkerb Posts: 86
    Greetings Car_Man:

Could you kindly provide me with the buy rate and residual for a base Carrera on 24 & 36 month terms with 7,500, 10,000 and 12,000 miles.

Many Thanks.
  • I've been looking for a 2013 991 coupe to lease in southern california and cannot get any dealer to get me the 0.002 money factor. Also, I'm quoted a 58% residual on a 3 year lease, 10k mi/yr. I guess it dropped over last month because it was 60%? Tried to see if I could get a better deal on a 2012 but even with a better net cap cost (about 8-9% msrp off vs 5% off msrp) the residual i was quoted was only 52% so doesn't make sense to lease a 2012: you may end up paying more! I was not sure of the accuracy of the residual though.
  • What are the latest numbers for 36 month lease and 10K miles? Vehicle is a nicely equipped 997 (113K MSRP). Vehicle is being offered at 17K off sticker.
  • habitat1habitat1 Posts: 4,282
    edited September 2012
    Are you sure that a "nicely equipped" 997 C2S for $96k is what you want?

I just attended a Porsche driving event at Summit Point Raceway and had the chance to do 6 laps behind the wheel of a 2013 991 C2S. Followed by a hot lap with the instructor in the driver's seat for good measure. After having owned a 997 C2S for 30k miles, I can say with some confidence that the performance difference is significant. I have also priced out a "smartly equipped" 991 C2S. Options were Premium with Adaptive seats ($4,445), Sport Chrono ($1,850) and Multi-function steering ($615). MSRP $104,280; 7% discount = $96,980.

I am sure your nicely equipped 997 has a lot more gingerbread and do-dads than the 991 I have priced out. But I am equally sure that the 991 has a lot more in the driving dynamics department. More than even the 997 GTS that another dealer was tempting me with a $26k discount.

You can't go terribly wrong with a 911 either way. But you also might want to find out if Porsche is running a driving event somewhere near you before you make the decision to go for the loaded 997 over a more purposeful 991. Not a sermon, just a thought.
  • Hey kerb. How have you been? I hope that everything is going well. Here's the information that you're looking for.

Porsche Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a base 2013 Porsche 911 Coupe with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher. the residual value for a lease with only 7,500 miles per year would be 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi thrashx404. Porsche Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 911 C2S Coupe (997) with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • kerbkerb Posts: 86
    Thanks for your prompt response Car_Man. I am doing well and hope that you are too! Upon opportunity, could you kindly provide the residual for a 36 month lease.

Thanks again.
  • Interesting, the dealer was offering 51% on 10K miles for 36 months. They also offered something they described as a "interest rate discount". Sounded like a bad deal so I walked away.
  • You're welcome kerb. You know what, I'm glad that you asked a follow-up question because I previously posted the 36-month numbers as 24-month. So PFS September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a base 2013 Porsche 911 Coupe with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The 24-month numbers are .00200 and 57%.

Sorry for the confusion.

Car_man
    Host
  • fq1fq1 Posts: 47
    Carman, thanks for all your help on the forums. I am wondering if your 24-month residual is correct, as it is lower than the 36-month one. Could the 57% be 67%?