Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Porsche 911 Lease Questions

Comments

• ocgearheadocgearhead Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    I got a quote for a 3 year, 30K mile lease on a 991 c2s and the cost included tax on the entire negotiated price of the car. I thought the tax should only be on the monthly payment? Obviously this makes a huge difference. Any help would be appreciated. I live in California.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,704
    California only taxes the monthly payments... plus any CAP COST reduction...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I'm considering leasing a 2013 Carrera S. Do you know what the residual and money factor would be for 10K/year and 48 months. Does the residual change if I'm receiving the car in May rather than January. Thank you
  • sjl225sjl225 Posts: 18
    edited November 2012
    Hello Car_man

First, I'd like to thank you once again for all your assistance in the past, it truly has been invaluable.

Can you please provide me with the current residual and MF for a 36 month lease and 10k m/y?
    Additionally, Is there any dealer cash as well on the 2012 Carrera 4 GTS?

I need to make a decision ASAP......Thanks for your hep
    edited January 2013
    Hello again Car_man

It's time for another 911. My previous post about the 2012 GTS4 has sold and I'm now looking to 2013 models.

I'm considering leasing either a 911S or 4S and would very much appreciate you providing me with the current residuals and money factors for both cars (36 month 10k m/y) terms?

Thanks again for your help now and in previous posts!
  • Hi sjl225. Here's the latest info for you. Porsche Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 911 Coupe S with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 911 Coupe 4S are .00200 and 56%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • m5ivanm5ivan Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man,
    I'm in the market for a 2013 C2 and was wondering if you could provide the residuals and MF for a base C2 coupe for 24 and 36 months?
    Thanks!
    Thank you so very very much for your timely response.
    Not only have you helped me countless times, but all of us on these forums in making informed decisions.

Best regards!
  • flyinbrian1flyinbrian1 Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    Hi Car Man,

So the lease residual is lower for the new 4S than the 2S? I am looking at leasing a 2013 Carrera 4S and my sales person was guessing the residual would be higher on the 4S, especially since it is a brand new model. I am looking at a 36 month lease at 12,000/yr can you verify MF and Residual at 12K? I also heard that Porsche might do some very aggressive 24 month leases, any truth to that? Thanks again for your time.
  • m5ivanm5ivan Posts: 3
    PFS is offering aggressive 24 month lease rates. I've confirmed the 24 month figures as a 78% residual on the C2 w/10k miles per year and a 74% residual on the C2S 10k/miles yr. MF is .002 for top tier credit.
  • Thank you for the reply m5ivan. Any idea what the rates might be on a 2013 C4S 12/yr?
  • habitat1habitat1 Posts: 4,282
    So the lease residual is lower for the new 4S than the 2S? I am looking at leasing a 2013 Carrera 4S and my sales person was guessing the residual would be higher on the 4S,

I'd have been shocked if the residual percentage was as high or higher on the 4 vs. the 2. The MSRP price differential is $6,700 and from what I have seen, the resale value of a 2-3-4+ year old C4S is barely above a C2S. It seems that, at least in our area, the traditional enthusiasts prefer RWD. They also prefer coupes to cabs, as I learned on my 997 S Cab. That $10k MSRP premium I paid in 2005 was worth a couple grand on resale in 2011. But watching my daughters trying to keep their hair from blowing off in the back seat was priceless. Until they outgrew it.

As a side note, apparently one of the highly respected independent Porsche shops in our area has turned quite a few 996 Turbos into RWD by disconnecting/removing the front drive shaft. That's a bit too enthusiastic for me, but I guess that's one way to get a poor man's GT2.
  • flyinbrian1flyinbrian1 Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    Odd as Porsche is stating that 50% of their sales of the 911 are now AWD. My sales person stated that when a new model is released the residual is usually boosted at that time.
    edited January 2013
    The new model vs. old model boost would make sense (i.e. 991 C4S vs 2012 997 C4S), but I'm not sure that the fact that the "4" lagged the release of the "2" by 8-10 months makes much of a difference.

My sales manager - a 30+ year Porsche veteran - indicated that an even higher 60% of their 911 sales for the past few years have been AWD. But, he also said that about 50% of those are to customers that get the "4" because they think it is better handling in cold, rain and light snow. He tells them "not really", unless you also get winter wheels with Blizzaks, which most 911 buyers don't do. Another chunk get it because they like the look of the wider body. But with the 991 being wider and lower than the 997 already, you have to put the cars butt to butt to see much of a difference.

Here's an interesting comparison. This past fall, I was seriously considering several leftover, heavily discounted 2012 997 GTS's. The "2"'s that were out there often ended up selling for MORE than the "4"s.! They offered the sexy look of the wider body with the more enthusiast preferred RWD. And in the 997, the reflective strip across the rear of the "4"s looked hokey, in my opinion. The 991 C4S rear end looks much better.

Just curious, why are you interested in the 4 vs. the 2? Have you driven both?
  • I have not driven both yet as the 2013 C4S was just released last week. The word on the net from people who have driven both state the C4S seems to have better feel and handling than the C2S. I am getting the C4S as I live in Michigan and all ways get dedicated wheels and tires for my cars. I do also like the wide body and few other items that come with the C4S. It seems worth the price difference.
    Better feel and handling is pretty subjective - especially the "feel" one - which is why I asked if you have driven yourself. My sales manager has driven the new C4S and loves it. But he said some of his colleagues at Porsche in Atlanta and the PCCA here just don't like the "feel" of having the front wheels driven. I've gone completely in the other direction by ordering a 2014 Cayman S. It will be my first mid engine car. After driving the new Boxster S at a Porsche track event, I was sold on mid engine nimbleness.

That said, if the C4S seems like it's worth the price difference to you, thats all that matters. It is a great looking car and if I was in Michigan, willing to get winter rims and tires and looking to get all of the driving days behind the wheel that I could, there probably isn't a better car on the planet.

Good luck.
  • ex007ex007 Posts: 13
    Car Man - Do you have Jan. PFS numbers for 2012 C2S? My local dealer have several in stock and is offering fairly substantial discounts on them ~$15K. So I'm debating whether to lease a 12 or 13. 36 mos. w/10,000 or 12,000 miles. Thanks...
    Any of those leftover 2012 C2S's 7-speed manuals? If so, mind posting the name of the dealer. I have an order in on a 2014 Cayman S, and am unlikely to switch to a 991S, but it would be tempting. I had a great deal on a 991 base, at $16k under MSRP, but it got away while I was waiting for the Cayman unveiling.
  • ex007ex007 Posts: 13
    All three - 2 couples and a cab - are PDKs. And I agree, it's very tempting. Wasn't in the market but dropped by on a whim Saturday and was (very) pleasantly surprised at the discounts on the 12s.
    Thanks. Seems like almost all the leftover 2012's are PDK's. I'm too old to learn how to drive one of those. I can push a clutch and flip my wrist in my sleep, but made a mess trying to paddle shift the PDK at a recent Porsche event at Summit Point Raceway. Just left it in automatic the whole time.

Can I guess that the dealership is not Auto Palace, but close?