Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Isuzu Trooper Brake Problems

2»

Comments

• atfdmikeatfdmike Posts: 414
    There is a free website provided by Isuzu for parts information. I don't know that it covers everything, but it is very useful for most vehicles sold in North America. It is www.myisuzuparts.com . Just punch in your data, and it will give you a few different ways to search. Sometimes you have to just work your way through the illustrations when searching for a part name does not work. Hope this helps.
  • mattyv1mattyv1 Posts: 2
    Was hoping you could help me with a question. I recently purchased a used Trooper and the brake rotors are pitted. I'm trying to replace, but am having a difficult time. I've removed the caliper and caliper bracket, but am unsure if I need to remove the hub assembly to get to the rotors or does it all come off as one piece? Is there a cotter pin under that cap that needs to come off? Any help would be appreciated. Garage tried charging me a fortune. Need to keep the car safe for newborn.

Thanks,
    Matt
  • mattyv1mattyv1 Posts: 2
    Was hoping you could help me with a question. I recently purchased a used Trooper and the brake rotors are pitted. I'm trying to replace, but am having a difficult time. I've removed the caliper and caliper bracket, but am unsure if I need to remove the hub assembly to get to the rotors or does it all come off as one piece? Is there a cotter pin under that cap that needs to come off? Any help would be appreciated. Garage tried charging me a fortune. Need to keep the car safe for newborn.

Thanks,
    Matt
  • jjokerjjoker Posts: 8
    What year is your Trooper? It has been a while since i replaced the rotors but from what I remember you can get them off by tapping the rotor with a Rubber Mallet. You may have to hit them pretty good but they will come off. I have replaced rotors on a 95 and 92 trooper and there was no need to take off the hub or any cotter pins when replacing the rotors. If you have the caliper and caliper bracket off you should be ready to tap the rotor off. The only other thing I can think of if you are having trouble getting the rear rotors off is to make sure you don't have the emergency brake on. The rear rotors use a "drum" brake inside the rotor when the emergency brake is engaged. Make sure to chock the front wheels so the car doesn't roll.
  • My 2002 Trooper has an inoperable ABS system (Light is on) unless the temperature of the car is < 40F. Light is off and it works great, but eventually the car warms and the light comes on the system goes back to not working. The code is 43. I've pulled the connector off the ECBM and checked pins but so far no answer.
  • I have the same issue, only with a codes 43 & 44. Did you ever get an answer?
  • I did not get an answer to my question. Now the system has stopped working altogether so it looks like I'll have to replace the main control unit.
2»