Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Azera Accessories

Comments

• allmet33allmet33 Member Posts: 3,557
    Does the light strip come with no lettering on it? I mean...in the pictures is says "GRANDUER" on it. It would definitely look sweet with no lettering at all on it.
  • plwilliamsplwilliams Member Posts: 96
    My thoughts exactly, but I suspect that since it appears to be OEM there is no option for a 'non-Granduer' version :cry:

OTOH, the 'Granduer' would sure have people wondering what you were driving ;)
    Considering I still have people pulling up next to me asking what it is (with Azera on the back), I can only imagine that it would drive them bonkers!!! LOL
    Here's a couple of pics with my new shark fin antenna on...
    imageSee more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com">
    See more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com">
  • black_pearlblack_pearl Member Posts: 15
    If only I had the money... :P
  • killerztpkillerztp Member Posts: 4
    Hi allmet33, I want to know where did you order the shark fin antenna from. How is the quality? How much was it? How did you install it? drill hole or just 3m stickers? Thank you in advance.
  • killerztpkillerztp Member Posts: 4
    Here are some suppliers

www.Kdmstuff.com --- I find this to be the best. offering great prices and more choices to choose from where other suppliers are limited.
    www.koreanautoimport.com
    www.kautoanything.com
    www.autoanything.com
    Killerztp...I actually did a search on Ebay and got it there. It only cost me $6.99 + s&h. No holes drilled, just peel and stick. They've got a few different styles to choose from and even have some with an led light in the top of it.

For the Ebay search, just type in shark fin antenna.
  • dborthdborth Member Posts: 474
    I probably missed it, but does anyone know what the "TG" badge means on the Grandeur? And, has anyone actually replaced the "H-less" grill from Korean Auto Imports? Difficulity level?

Thanks,

Dean
  • gamlegedgamleged Member Posts: 442
    The "TG" is an internal Hyundai project code and the Grandeur is the only Hyundai whose badge has included a project code in its name.

"A fourth generation Grandeur (project code TG) was also launched in 2005. In North America it is known as the Azera."

Here's an informative historical site:

Hyundai History
  • dborthdborth Member Posts: 474
    Thanks, gamleged. The "History" link was indeed interesting and informative.
  • cableguy06cableguy06 Member Posts: 299
    Just read the history. Excellent link...thank you for sharing!
    HO-HO-HO!... :)
  • jim101jim101 Member Posts: 252
    Yes, the grill has been replaced by some of us :shades: .
    It requires patience to replace. Full instructions are somewhere within this forum. After all the shuffling of replys I'm not sure where Pat placed it.
    Go to my space and bring up jim101 to see some pics.
  • grayfoxgrayfox Member Posts: 166
    If anyone finds an ad for a 10 piece (5 per side) chrome door pillar kit for sale, I sure would appreciate a "heads-up" notice. I have seen only one Azera with this kit but it sure looks great. Only 3 or 4 pieces per side is not what I am looking for. Thanks.
  • mhenke1mhenke1 Member Posts: 1
    Dear Cableguy06,

The instructions to install a Route WTPMS RT320G tire pressure monitoring systems were not explicit.

Where did you mount the module and the display and how did you run wiring from inside the car to the axles, battery, ground and ignition?

Mhenke
    No wires to run to the exterior of the car. The model designed for US FCC approved frequencies use an antenna that installs up underneath the drivers side dash board so nothing has to leave the car. The Japaneese model uses a different set-up with externally mounted antennae.

I mounted the main module up near the fuse box close to the fire wall adjacent to the steering column. Very easy to mount. The display head is right underneath the little flip down door on the center stack below the ash tray and adjacent to the 12V accessory plug in the very front of the center console. Very sweet as it has a swivel mounting bracket for easy adjustability.

For power, there are only three wires. Battery (tied into the +12V continuous feeding the factory stereo); IGNITION (tied into the 12V accessory outlet) and GROUND. If you wish, I understand that you can now buy the unit with a cigarette lighter plug so you don't have to hard wire the unit at all.

After having the dealer install the wireless pressure sensor valve stems, the remaining installation took me about an hour or two to make it look professional and factory. I like the display because it shows both tire temperature and pressure for all 4 tires versus just an idiot light when a tire is low. It also shows the condition of your cars battery which is a nice touch.

Feel free to e-mail me directly if you want to chat more off line about additional specifics.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    It would be much more beneficial for everyone participating, now and in the future, if you and mhenke1 - or anyone else - chat here instead of offline. ;)
    Not much more I can say on this topic and no one else seems to be expressing any interest ;)

I guess no one really cares about monitoring their tires air pressure to provide a significant advanced warning of a tire gone bad :surprise:
  • floridabob1floridabob1 Member Posts: 1,190
    RE: 299
    I went for the poor mans version of pressure tire control.
    I bought a set of valve cap covers from ebay that display a green, amber, red color on the cap.
    The set that I purchased is set for 30 psi. If the pressure drops by 3 lbs. the display cahnges to amber. Another 3 psi. drops changes the color to red.
    The cost was 10 bucks, and they seem to work.
    I'm with ya Bob. I am not disciplined enough to walk around the vehicle every day to look at valve step cap colors ;)

Moreover, the techno-toy guy that I am likes the fact I get actual tire pressure and temperature readout on a tire by tire basis. I do a ton of traveling and this could be a life saver for me while driving.

Those nicely colored caps won't help you if the cars losing tire pressure while driving at highway speeds :surprise:
    RE: 301
    You are entirely correct.
    I said that this was the poor man's alternative.
    The more toy's, the better!
    My son's Beemer has a factory installed system that is great.
    For ten bucks I figured it was better than nothing.
    RE#241. I was wrong about the wiring in my 06 Azera. I disconnected the connector from the mirror to the door wiring and found the needed LED wire was in the door wiring. I ordered and installed the LED mirrors from Dream4u in the matching color. The whole installation took less than half an hour and my car looks like an 07. I really like the safety feature the high directionals provide.
  • eclaixpeclaixp Member Posts: 46
    Dreamka4u has this new item for sale:

http://www.dreamka4u.com/m_mall_detail.php?ps_goid=200&ps_goid=200

Is this the same 07 audio control that some of us are replacing the 06 with? If so, I think this is a great deal.
    It appears to be exactly what I got from my dealer.... and at a substantial savings.
  • azgrandazgrand Member Posts: 50
    Like several others here mentioned, I was concerned that the light beige floor mats in the new Azera would get pretty dirty in no time. I bought some cheap clear plastic mats at Wally World, but they looked just that -- cheap. So I ordered some custom-fit berber mats in a darker color that I hope won't show the dirt. I thought it turned out pretty well -- here is a picture.

The berber mats are very nice looking. Where did you order them? The factory mat on the drivers side of my Azera is looking a little shabby already.
  • sundevilssundevils Member Posts: 100
    Those don't look anywhere near as nice as the floor mats that came with your car. If you are really concerned about keeping your mats clean then why don't you keep the bottom of your feet/shoes clean? A simple click of the feet before you get in your car will take care of much of the superficial dirt. On days when it is wet just lay a towel down.

I bought my Limited w/ Ultimate last May, the mats have never been cleaned (except for an occasional vacuum) and they look brand new.
  • zredsoxzredsox Member Posts: 90
    I agree with you and thought my beige carpeting would get dirty in no time, so I too had custom mats made in a darker color (dark green). They've done the trick and kept my original carpeting showroom new. Here's what they look like.

imageSee more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com

imageSee more Car Pictures at CarSpace.com
    RE: 309
    The only problem is they should say New York Yankees.
    "The berber mats are very nice looking. Where did you order them? The factory mat on the drivers side of my Azera is looking a little shabby already."

Thanks. I got them from California Car Cover. Here is a link:

link title
    "Those don't look anywhere near as nice as the floor mats that came with your car."

Well, I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I happen to think they look much nicer than the OEM ones.
  • theblackholetheblackhole Member Posts: 62
    I have a Black Azera with the beige interior. For winter months I bought a set of Black Azera mats from Hyundai. Whether I'm using the black or beige mats, I also use a taupe colored "rear" mat on top of them. It's kept right below the gas & brake pedals. Shaking them out every week has also proven helpful.

For snow days I bought a set of deep rubber mats at the local Costco, that will keep everything dry & free of salt & mud.

The beighe interior is beautiul, but you need to take preventative measures to keep it that way. Make sure you Scothguard the carpets & mats too.

FWIW A friend with a Lexus LS430 with Ivory interior does not take the time to do this & frankly his carpets show it.
    Very nice looking mats. Are they labeled with the manufacturer? Most of the Berber mats I've seen were made by Avery. If they are Avery, the best deal I've seen for them is at www.comforthouse.com/carmat.html, where they were only $87.50 + 9.95 shipping for the set of four. In fact, your photo inspired me to stop procrastinating and I ordered them today ;) .
    You are so right about the look of the beige interior needing some extra care to keep up. One thing I've found very useful with removing scuff marks and any grim that doesn't seem to come off the dash or any of the beige platic trim...Mr. Clean Magic Erasers do one heck of a job at cleaning and making it look brand new again. However, after using the eraser, wipe it down with a damp clean cloth to remove the residue the eraser leaves behind.

The Magic Eraser also does a great job of removing blue jean dye (and most other surface stains) from the leather seats too. Again, after using the eraser, wipe with a clean, damp cloth to remove the residue and then use your favorite leather conditioner to complete the job.
    "Most of the Berber mats I've seen were made by Avery".

They were Avery -- the price you listed is a much better deal. Thanks for making me feel bad, now!! :-)
    As long as you are happy with the mats don't feel bad. The same thing happened to me (and several others) when I just found out that Dreamka4u has the `07 steering wheel audio controls for significantly less than I paid, yet I was happy to get them at almost any price :)
    Oh, great! You had to remind me of that one too!!! :cry:
    Me being a "Cheap Charlie" I noticed a set of mats that almost exactly matched the "wood" trim (and came pretty close to my Aubergine paint, as well) hanging on the wall at my favorite car wash... $15 + tax... ;)
    LOL :D
  • theblackholetheblackhole Member Posts: 62
    Hey allmett33 - Hope 2007 is treating you well.

Many thanx for the mention of the Mr Clean Magic Eraser and how effective it is at removing blue jean dye. Now if I had known about this 25 years ago when I was in the back seat of my parents' car with my girlfriend (now wife) I would not have had to conjour up a story for my future mother in law as to why my white jeans were all blue on the crotch....LOL
    LMAO Thank you for ending my week with a good laugh!!!

Mothers, being as intuitive as they are, she probably already knew and just wanted to see what crazy story you would conjur up! LOL
    I've just finished viewing the updated site for Azera aftermarket stuff. All I can say is, "WHOA!!!" They've been BUSY!!!

HID conversion kits for $269.

LED turn signal light kits, angel eye light kits (which I'm contemplating now), LED interior light kits...
    RE: 323
    All kinds of good stuff.
    Unfortunately none of the pre-painted items are availablr in Sage Green, as it is not a color available to the Korean market.
    Happy shopping!
    One of the down sides to having one of the "different" colors.

Hey Bob, you still trying to get a double din unit in your dash? I know you were trying to get the Pioneer unit, but the way it opens nixed the idea. Were you only getting it for the Nav. feature or did you like the fact it was a multi-media player? If you still want a multi-media player, there are several that would work with the dash kit.
    I have kind of cooled on that project because I wanted a Nav/Ipod capable/Blue tooth capable/combo audio system.
    The AVIC Pioneer system has all of these features if you add all or the extra modules. It won't work on the Azzy. It also becomes a fairly pricey toy.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...I see your dilemma. Right now, the only way you could pull that off is to get a single DIN flip out unit. Either that or hold out and hope that one comes out in a double DIN unit that will give you all you want. Have you checked with any of the Eclipse units???
    re 327
    I looked at another forum last night, and low and behold two Azzy owners had installed the Pioneer Avic Z in their cars. I will attempt to contact them to see how difficult a project it was as well as how it looks and works.
    Bob, could you please provide the URL's of other Azera forums that are available?
    Thanks, Grayfox
    Funny...and you said someone at a stereo shop told you it couldn't be done, huh? These are the professionals we pay for solid information and in a lot of cases we find they don't know what they are talkin about! :cry:
This discussion has been closed.