Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda3 Audio and Entertainment System Questions

Comments

• bigfurbigfur Posts: 649
    I believe the 7th "speaker" is a subwoofer that sounds like its either near the passenger seat or in the center counsel from what i can tell. Or atleast thats my best guess.
  • Thanks! That makes total sense now that I've been listening for a while!
  • I asked the same question of the dealer when i bought mine. He said that Mazda only has a deal with Sirius and that the module for the mazda stereo will only work with Sirius. He said not to worry about it though because XM is trying to buy Sirius, or the other way around... i can remember which he said. Point being soon it wont matter which you have. If that deal doesn't work out I'm sure you can use a portable XM unit in the AUX IN.
    Has anyone else had an issue with getting a hum out of the speakers when hooked up to the aux input? I put in a car kit for my sirius radio and the input jack makes a few of the speakers hum.
  • Check out post #28, that solved my problem completely. I spoke to my dealer about it and he said any device powered by the cars power adapters (cigarette lighters) and plugged into the AUX IN could create a ground loop which sounds like a faint hum or buzz.
    bunch more wires but it works great. Thanks alot!
  • I've read all the forums and am finding conflicting information about which radio option will play MP3 CDs. Can anyone tell me if the either the standard or the Bose will play MP3 CDs? Thanks!
  • I don't know if it's just my car (Mazda 3, 2.0) but no ipod fm transmitter works in my car from the Belkin to the Icarplay. I've tried everything. Did you ever find where the aux hole is?
    please email me if you have any suggestions or answers.
    kristabos4@yahoo.com
  • Has anyone swapped speakers for this car? I've ordered a set of 6x8 Infinity References for the doors, but I'm a little iffy on replacing the tweeters. They're 1", right?
  • mazdrvrmazdrvr Posts: 103
    The aux connection is in the center arm console; I wondered myself & found it yesterday... Hope this helped.
  • So the Bose/Moonroof 6CD changer doesn't play MP3's in an '07GT right?

Thanks!
  • mazdrvrmazdrvr Posts: 103
    Ok, so I know where the aux is, what kind of cable & how do I plug in my iPod?
  • it's a cable with 3.5mm plug (like on the end of your headphones) on each end, one into the car and one into the MP3/Ipod.
    also keep in mind you might get feedback thru the speakers like a few of us have had. If you look back a few posts you will see what we mean.
  • I only get a feedback, an electric whine interference, is when I hook it to a charger that's. I think it completes a loop, thus causing the interference.
    Radio Shack...ground loop isolator. Solves the problem.
  • sigt1sigt1 Posts: 66
    the 07 Mazda 3 changer play MP3 CDs????
  • was wondering if you have been having problems with the radio's in these cars?

Mine conks out and then next time I start my car it comes back on. The last time it happened I lost all my set channels. I checked the fuse, its fine. Has anyone else had this problem. I am scheduled to bring to the dealer on Monday Feb19th. I just hope it does it when it's there, nothing is more aggravating then a
    "No problem found" written on a repair order.
  • smageesmagee Posts: 1
    I'm picking up my 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 from the dealer tomorrow and I am wondering if anyone has had any experience installing an amp and sub to the stock CD player for the sport model. I am using my old amp and sub from my last car and am wondering how difficult it would be to take get in there to get everything connected. I have some experience dismantling car dashes and would like to know if I would be better off taking it in to a car audio shop to let some professionals handle it or if it is something an amature can handle on their own. Thanks in advance.
  • blk4x4blk4x4 Posts: 43
    its not too hard you just need the right parts to hook up to the factory stero for your rca outputs
  • shyguyshyguy Posts: 1
    I have a Neo Prolink iPod adapter for my 2005 Mazda 3 Sport. It was working for a while, but now it makes a loud clicking sound. It makes the sound when I plug the iPod in, but not when there is nothing plugged into it. It makes the sound with several different iPods, so it doesn’t seem to be a problem with the iPod. I think I had occasionally heard the clicking sound before, but now it is all the time. It makes the sound regardless of the settings on the Neo Prolink (advanced vs direct mode). Does anyone have any idea how I might fix this?
  • ppselfppself Posts: 1
    i bought one of those for my mazda3, its not the same brand but was cheaper than the one advertised on tha tsite. But it does work with steering controls or at least the one i had did . now i got a after market cd player that has its own ipod hook up but unfortanately it doesnt work with the steering controls but i do have a remote by my shifter which is easier to control while im driving a stick imo. considering this is a old thread you prolly have installed it already and know all of this.
  • do i have to do anything special to activate the aux plug in. i got one of the cables with the 3.5 mm plug in and car charger and all that. but the media button doesnt pick it up. am i or did i do something wrong. the vehicle came with sirius radio although i did not activate it, does this hvve anythingto do with it. i really dont want to deal with the dealership at all
  • To get your aux input to work, you have to get a splitter for your HU. The other option is to remove your sirius equipment and plug in the wire for the Aux input (they both use the same plug). If you decide to remove your sirius equipment, I will purchase it.
  • Serious, just add an aftermarket unit in it and save yourself the trouble...

This is what I put in mine.
    The CDX-GT610Ui CD receiver with auxiliary, USB, and iPod inputs, so it's ready to play music from nearly any kind of portable source.

Go to installer.com to find out what dash kit and harness you need... its really a no brainer.
  • Recently picked up my 08 5 door GT w/ the bose package. I'm using my ipod via the aux jack in the center console...and experiencing pretty bad static through the speakers.
    I was kind of surprised, I dont get any static through the ipod when using headphones, and AM getting static now over the speakers with the cord plugged into the very same jack in the ipod... is this common? i'm pretty disappointed...
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,769
    is this common? i'm pretty disappointed...

Are you charging the iPod while you are listening? That's the only time I hear any noise when using the AUX input. Have you tried using another patch cord?

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

• I am having the same problem with mine. it happens whether i'm attached through the charger or the jack on top of my ipod. however, it does come and go, almost as if it wants to change with the weather and then drive me crazy. any other ideas?
  • Sounds like you need a ground loop isolator.

(For example: http://www.amazon.com/Xitel-GLI1-X1-Ground-Loop-Isolator/dp/B00023XDYA)

There ARE 3.5 pluz g models available, but they're harder to find.
  • My 2008 Mazda3 sTouring has ALC - Automatic Level Control that adjusts the radio volume according to vehicle speed. I've had it on all settings and I notice no difference. Anyone else experience this?