Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda3 Audio and Entertainment System Questions

Comments

• markp5markp5 Posts: 1
    I love this car, but have the same problem with the sound system. After jerking around with sales and dealer management for 2 weeks(promises with no action), I pulled into Service. They said another customer was there the day before with the same problem and there was a bulletin out from Mazda. Today was the service appointment. My wife brought it in. The Mgr denied knowlege of the problem or any bulletin. They eventually took the car to try to recreate the problem. No loaner car as previously promised. Luckily, in less than a hour, they came back, acknowleged the problem, and said they are ordering a new head unit for us. Our problem should be resolved in a week or so.
    Mazda could have made this a lot easier....
  • I have been having the same issue with a Mazda 3 hatchback that I recently bought. It's not the Bose unit, but it has the same issues. I was wondering if you have a copy of that bulletin or know of anyone higher up than the dealers that can help me. My service dept. is telling me that it is normal for the stereo to do that.
  • homeagain3homeagain3 Posts: 10
    I purchased the refreshed 08 Mazda 3 last week with Bose and had Sirius added at the dealer. I just got around to calling and having the Sirius activated tonight. Unfortunately, I can't find the Satellite Radio kit that the manual says should have been included for anyone adding Sirius for help with operating it.

Can anyone tell me how to display artist, song and such on the radio display?
  • szelcszelc Posts: 2
    I hope this will clear up many of the radio concerns due to bass cutting in and out. I just purchased a new 2008 Mazda 3 Touring 5 door in April. My vehicle has a manufacture date of 1/08. I have the base factory unit with 6 disc CD option. I noticed a problem right away, when I raise the volume to the 32 or higher level, base cuts out. I contacted my sales representative first, was told to adjust the treble & bass lower. I did, no luck. I contacted the Service Advisor Manager at Maple Shade Mazda New Jersey. (Where I purchased car) I had done some research and found out that a SOFTWARE GLITCH is the culprit. I brought my car in. The dealership took numbers from this unit, acknowledged I indeed was correct and ordered me a new replacement radio. On May 9th 2008 my new stereo was installed and I no longer have any radio problems. Bottom line a problem most diffenently exsits on a certain batch of systems. I did not get any run around, arguments, or problems from Maple Shade Mazda. Everyone who has this problem, should not be questioned. Your dealership needs to replace it. Good Luck.
  • 67cuda67cuda Posts: 5
    My problem with the bass cutting out was solved with a new head unit. It took 3 weeks for the new head unit to arrive, but took an hour for the install. No problems since.
  • mixwellmixwell Posts: 14
    I know this has been a problem for many or us and I have tried to read up on all the past threads in this forum and others. My 2008 Mazda 3 S touring continues to throw feedback whenever I use the aux input and try to charge the ipod via the 12volt. I have yet to read/hear about a reasonable solution to this problem. I've read about the "ground loop isolator", but not heard about anyone actually having any success with it. I think my next move is to purchase the "Audio Link iPod Integration Kit for Mazda" from
    http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=142

Can anyone comment on this product and let me know if it's worth it!?!?

Thanks so much in advance.
  • virwillvirwill Posts: 3
    I am so glad I found this chat. I bought the 1/2 year upgrade Mazda3 iTouring 4-door with the basic cd/6-speaker setup, and have been having serious problems with bass boost as well as dropoff. Even with the ALC off and bass set to zero, the volume jumps at the 35 setting, as though a loudness switch was turned on -- but it's a slightly different tone than if the volume is lower but ALC is turned to 1, say. The bass then sometimes jumps in -- it booms -- and out if I speed up or slow slightly. What's really odd is that when I slow down from highway speed to, say, 20 mph, the bass booms again, then falls off dramatically as I come to a stop. Thanks for the heads-up in this and other posts; I'll take it in the dealer post haste.
  • I have a new 2008.5 3i touring value edition. The car has an adapter to play an mp3 player. I have a zen mp3 player from creative. It came with an adapter that has a bigger end and a smaller end. It seems the adapter I need has to have two bigger ends. One to fit in the ear phone jack of the player and the other to fit into the care adapter.

Does anyone know what I need so I can search for it online?
    THX
  • idol767idol767 Posts: 4
    I use a mini stereo cable in my 2008.5 3s Touring Hatch. It has a 1/8 inch plug on each end, one for the headphone jack, and one for the input jack in the arm rest. It works fine for my cheap Sandisk MP3 player. You should be able to find one at your local Walmart, Target or Radio Shack. Here's an example:

Adapter cable example
  • mixwellmixwell Posts: 14
    So, I decided to get the Audio Link iPod Integration Kit for my 08 Mazda 3 S Touring 5dr. Removing the HU was easy and plugging in the Audio Link into the "appropriate" aux input was a cinch. HOWEVER, all it does is charge my ipod!?!? When I try pushing the Media button on the HU, nothing happens, as if it does not recognize any connection. I also tried hitting the CD button twice, and that also does nothing more than start my CD. My concern is that b/c I only have a single, in-dash CD player, the Audio Link is not compatible. I plan on calling Dave or Donny at Audio Link on Monday to get some help . . . BUT I am anxious to fix this and would love to get it done ASAP. Any ideas!?!?!?!?!?!?

-m
  • szelcszelc Posts: 2
    It's great to get a positive response to my post on correcting the Mazda 3 stereo volume problems. I sure hope your Mazda dealership was as quick and easy to work with as Maple Shade Mazda NJ. I'm giving them another thumps-up for treating me like an intelligent woman, listening to my concerns and really checking into the problem. I encourage all my fellow Mazda 3 owners to speak up and get the replacement radio you deserve. Thanks and good luck.
  • alkeshalkesh Posts: 3
    Hi Guys,
    I am thinking of buying Mazda3 4-door s-grand touring in about a month. I was thinking about getting the Bose premium sound option. But is it really worth it? I know that Bose is the best but I personally don't have any experience with neither Bose nor mazda. Would it just be better to have it installed at an audio shop? Any other suggestion are welcome.
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,856
    I know that Bose is the best

Only about one in 2,000,000,000,000 audiophiles would agree with that statement. Seriously. That said, I have the Bose system in my MS3 GT, but only because: 1. I didn't have any choice in the matter; to get Xenons and the OBC I had to take the Bose, and 2. I don't intend to keep the sled any longer than 1-2 years at the most. I'd say bring an iPod and/or some favorite CDs to your dealer and audition both systems. Only you can decide if the Bose "upgrade" is worth the extra money.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport 1975 2002A 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 1999 Wrangler 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2009 328i Son's: 2004 X3 2.5

• If you don't need the other items in the package I reccomend you to buy an aftermarket sound and be happy. The Bose quality in the Mazda system is crappy.
  • i just bought a 2009 mazda3 touring VE... problem is the pause/play button doesnt work with CD's... is this normal? i contacted the dealer and they assured me that it is not suppost to work with CDs and only for the Sat. radio (that i dont have) is that correct? does anyone else have this problem? or an answer? its still under warrently and I feel like the dealer is just trying to push me out the door. any input would be great!
    ash!
    ;)
  • shiposhipo Posts: 9,152
    I just went out and checked mine, nope, the play/pause button has no effect when a CD is playing. If you want to "pause" the CD, simply hit the mode button to another source and the player will automagically pause.

Best regards,
    Shipo
  • thanks shipo! I was worried my dealer was just trying to get out of fixing it.
    anything else i should know about my car? anything interesting?
    ash!
    ;)
  • costecoste Posts: 1
    So this is the problem...I have an 08 Mazda 3. I have changed out the stock 4x7's to infinity reference 2 ohm speakers, have added a line out converter (so RCA cables can be ran to the sub without changing out the factory HU) and have added a 10in bazooka bass tube to the back.

When listening to the stereo everything seems normal until the volume is turned past 34 or so. When it's turned up everything distorts! One click of the volume and it disappears. The HU does have an automatic volume adjustment that increases the volume when higher speeds are reached but the distortion happens with or without this feature being turned on.

I have tried to search this problem and came across the same issue on crutchfield's website. The ground was checked, and the LOC was changed to make sure that was not the issue. I am lost.

I thought maybe it was the HU itself and it should be changed out by the dealership but I know what they are going to say "it has something to do with the aftermarket products added".......bull. My girlfriend seems quite sure this was a problem prior to the factory speakers being touched but I can't recall. Any help.....PLEASE.
  • Dealer quoted me $750 for the Satellite installed. approx $380 for the parts and the rest is labor since they have to have pull out part of the dash. I said no thanks and went to best buy,..had it installed in the bin of the armrest so it cld be plugged into the aux in. $265.12 installed and btw,..you can still use the aux in for either your Satellite radio or your mp3 player.
  • my husband installed the sirius in my 2008.5 mazda 3 and then my aux port didn't work because he said the instructions said to tape it off (isn;t used) Once I found that out, I investigated on line and realized they sold me the sirius recvr for the 2008 model. I went back and exchanged it and told them the reason, they just gave me the new recvr and didn't say anything about needing anything else for the aux port to work. My husband installed the new radio, and it doesn't play. the aux port doesn't work either. I called the dealer and talked to parts and service and they couldn't help except they finally got a tech involved and he said I needed a Switch Box ($169.) Why the ##% they didn't say that in the first place is beyond me. Then I asked about adding the Ipod Integration and they said I still need the switch box with that, too=== that might explain why they charge $750. I guess I should check out Best Buy.
  • OK, I just purchased a M3i touring and am very happy with my decision EXCEPT in my eagerness to buy the car didn't realize it only had a aux/headphone port to play my ipod touch. Arghhhhhh! I'm having a hard time finding any after market devices that will reliably allow my ipod to take advantage of some of the car stereo's controls. My last car was an 05 Toyota Corolla and for approx $140 I was able to mate my music and my car very successfully. Does anyone know of a solution out there?
    Mazda has a factory kit you can buy, go to http://accessories.mazdausa.com
  • Seriously, I do appreciate the tip but aren't there any reliable 3-rd party vendors with something available for less? (I know that there's an FM signal solution but I'm looking for something "purer".
    As far as I know, the best and only iPod solution for the Mazda3 (and other Mazdas as well) is the one from Mazda. Sorry.
  • Do you happen to know if I buy the harness and adapter, do they come with installation instructions? Or is this something Mazda wants their mechanics to install?

Plus, does the Mazda solution show song information on the display?

I do appreciate your help here.
    I've heard from a number of folks that there are installation instructions and that the installation is relatively simple. I've also heard that the song information is in fact on the display.

Naturally I need to add the following disclaimer:
    -- "I've yet to do this myself so everything I've written is hearsay." :)
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,856
    edited July 2010
    The factory kit is obviously the best solution, but I'm very happy with the setup that I use. It's a Griffin AutoPilot charger adapter. The advantage of this unit over just plugging your iPod into the AUX jack is that it outputs the line level from your iPod. I had a buzz when the motor was running so I installed a Rat Shack Ground Loop Isolator. as well. No in-car displays and such but it sounds great. My total outlay was @$60, which includes a couple of Y-adapters needed to splice in the isolator.Speaking of adapters, I was pleasantly surprised by the Monster iCar Cassette adaptor that I use in a couple of my older cars. Only $17 from Amazon- amazing considering how most all Monster product are incredibly overpriced- and it sounds much, MUCH better than an FM adapter.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport 1975 2002A 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 1999 Wrangler 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2009 328i Son's: 2004 X3 2.5

• Please help. I have a 2007 Mazda 3. Today, for no reason whatsoever my stereo would not work. The clock and temperature still display but the stereo will not turn on. It worked fine last night and now, nothing! Any ideas why this might have happened or how I can fix it?
  • Hey there,

I'm wondering if anyone out there has or has used the Mazda ipod adapter. Can you completely control the ipod remotely using the stereo controls on the dash, like select playlists, podcasts, etc? I'm assuming it charges ipods? I find the aux-in connector cheesy. One of the speakers always seems to have a flaky connection when I use it, and I'd prefer to keep the ipod and all cables hidden in the glove box or similar.

If you have one, what do you think of it?

Wish Mazda would just throw in a USB port like Hyundai.
  • Found a manual for the Mazda ipod adapter online, and found it won't display text for song titles, playlists, etc. Just a 'track' number. So if you have tons of songs, podcasts, etc, that isn't very helpful.

I miss the days when you could rip out the stock stereo for an aftermarket model that had the features you want.