Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda3 Audio and Entertainment System Questions

1235»

Comments

• If the car has bluetooth that works. I use an iphone to play all music. Automatically recognises the iphone. I store the iphone in the console and use the plug to charge.
  • On the other hand, the 2011 brochure for the car clearly shows the Technology Package display specifying artist, album, and song. My iPod unit hasn't come in yet, so I can't speak from experience, but I do intend to hold Mazda to the letter of its advertising promise.
  • What's the quality of the sound with bluetooth? Is it like FM? Or is it like having it directly wired to the amp?
  • The sound is good to me. I mainly listen to XM but the iphone sounds good thru the Bose system.
  • sk8man0151sk8man0151 Posts: 1
    The exact same thing just happened to me on my 08. how did you manage to fix it?
  • The CD player in my 2006 Mazda-3 (i Touring sedan) suddenly froze up this week. There is a CD stuck in there and it won't come out - the eject button is unresponsive. The radio and other functions still work OK.

Anybody have any advice on Fix vs. Replace ? I'm guessing Replace the whole audio/entertainment unit will be the answer. I assume I can find a replacement in the junkyard market for 150 or $200, then I need an installer.

One more question: I think I'd prefer the 2007 model if it's compatible, because I believe it has the iPod input hole ? Can anyone confirm 2007 has the iPod input, and confirm 2006/2007 compatibility? Thanks.
  • whobodymwhobodym Posts: 158
    my '10 MZ3s GT navigation system makes a stupid error that most people will never discover, but which is highly irritating once you discover it. This is -- gross over-estimation of the time required for trips using 2-lane roads with 70mph speed limits, prevalent in such states as Nevada and Montana. For example, pretend my car is currently in Kalispell MT, and enter a destination of Glasgow MT. This is a trip of about 400 miles which, no contest, is best driven all the way on US2 which is a regular 2-lane highway, with 70mph limit all the way, and very little traffic congestion. Yet, the ETA the car tells you will be more than 10 hours later, implying an absurdly low average speed of <40mph. My car was built in the 2nd quarter of 2009, so there is a map update SD card available from Mazda for $200. But does this update fix the problem? I tried asking Mazda customer assistance, and they seem to think I have to have a dealer examine my GPS system. There seems to me to be about a 100.000% chance that the problem is in the map database, which there's about a 0.000% chance that a dealer will know anything about. Any bright ideas out there, or knowledge/experience better than mine?
1235»