Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Commander Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Thanks for the response Car man. I was looking at 36mnth 12k/yr. I just got a quote today for 2008 Sport AWD Rocky Mountain edition. The MSRP was $34,960. He said taking the $3,500 lease cash into consideration, monthly payment would be $457 mnth all included with just first months payment due at signing. I don't know about the additional bonus cash you are referring to. I live in CT so I don't know if it's available here. Does this quote sound too high?
  • You're welcome, mrj0001tj. Unfortunately, Chrysler is not providing any additional bonus cash on the Commander in its Northeast region. You never mentioned the selling price of the specific truck that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of the vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Car Man, he told me the selling price is $29,428. How does that sound?
  • I'm look to lease a 2008 Commander Sport (26U package) (MSRP 36,580), I have preferred pricing through my job which makes the car 33,814 minus 4,500 in incentives (3,500 cash back and 1,000 lease loyalty) brings the price to 29,314. I need 15k per year in mileage. I was quoted 418 per month plus 2,300 due on delivery (tax, title, licensing, ect..).

Additional info: It is a 36 month lease and I live in the NJ.

Is this a good deal? Am I leaving money on the table?

Thanks in advance,

Rob
  • Lets get this forum moving again!

Hope this is appropriate here. I do not see where I can add a new discussion and most Commander discussions are dead!

I am thinking of switching form Toyota to Jeep. I have done my homework on the cost of the car but am getting stuck on the extended warranty. All my Toyotas Rav/Highlanders have come w/a 3 /36 warranty and I always buy a bumper to bumper zero deuctible Toyota factory warranty for 7/100K. It consistently runs about $800 if you shop around...not that they do not initially try to push it on you for $1600!

I was offered a similar warranty on an 07 Commander 4X4 with 15K miles for 4K. Boy did I laugh. Nevertheless I have found internet pricing from some dealers offering the same warranty for $2400.

Can this possibly correct? Is this still inflated? What are folks paying? Why so much?

Please advise. I won't purchase the Commander until I know what fair price is for such a warranty. I must consider this in my over all price before I purchase. Thanks!
  • What is the residual and MF for an 08 Commander with Package U (Leather 4.7 V8) MSRP $35,410 and current money factors? as well as the dodge durango with MSRP $35,450 (Nightrunner package - hemi leather)?

Could really use the help...

Live in TAMPA FLA
  • Carman... any help would be greatly appreciated. Looking to lease an 08 Jeep Commander Sport with U Package (Leather)- $35,290 MSRP or 08 Durango SLT w/leather $34,865 MSRP. What kind of MF and Residual should I expect on both & what are the "real" invoice $'s.

Thanks - Jay in Tampa, FL
  • Car Man,

I have a 2006 Commander that's coming off lease in a couple of months... From what I understand, I should be able to go into a new Commander with no penalty. I want to lease a new 2008 Commander Overland. Sticker is 45,575. As far as I can see, there is about 4,500 in rebates (3500+1000 loyalty)... What is the residual value and the lease factor I should be able to get? Can I get into this car with no $ down and less than 500/month? What would the bottom line payment be? I want at least 24 months with 15,000 miles/year... could go to 36 months. I live in Northern Virginia.

Thanks in advance!!!

Gregg
  • chiro498chiro498 Posts: 1
    looking to lease 0 money down 2008 jeep commander 4x4, 12k miles, leather seat package, msrp after cash back is 32, 900, what can i expect a payment to be?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi Gregg. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Jeep Commander Overland 4WD with 15,000 miles per year are .00055 and 50%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00044 and 43%, respectively. The 36 month term is definitely going to result in a lower monthly payment.

Let's work up a sample lease payment on this truck and see what we come up with. You never mentioned what this truck's selling price is. There probably is a $4,000 spread between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Plus, as you mentioned there is $3,500 lease cash and $1,000 loyalty cash currently available on it. For now I will assume that you are able to get the Commander that you want for $500 over dealer invoice minus the cash incentives. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 Jeep Commander Overland AWD that has an MSRP of $45,575 and a selling price of $38,575 through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $553. It looks like you are going to have to pay a little more than the $500 per month that you were shooting for to lease this truck right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings chiro498. Let's crunch some numbers and see what sort of payment we come up with on this truck. The truck that you are interested in probably has a spread of around $2,700 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. In addition to this, Chrysler is currently providing $3,500 lease cash on this truck. This gives you a total of just over $6,000 to play with during your negotiations. For now I will assume that you are going to be able to negotiate a $5,500 discount on this truck. If you let me know its exact selling price I can use that instead. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 Jeep Commander Sport 4WD that has an MSRP of $32,900 and a selling price of $27,400 through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $380.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car Man.

Can you plese let me know what the numbers are from Chrysler Financial on a lease for a 2008 Commander Limited 4x4? Looking for current money factor, residual value, lease cash and loyalty incentives. Thanks.
  • Oh -- and i should have mentioned: looking for 36 months at 12,000 mi per year. thank you.
    Hello thechairman1. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 Commander Limited 4x4 with 12,000 miles per year are .00096 and 46%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • magic14magic14 Posts: 1
    I'm looking for 36mos lease 2008 Commander 4x4 Limited w/MSRP=$40,870 and
    Employee Price=$36,203.My total additional discounts=$5,250,incl.$1,000 loyalty.
    I want 15K miles per year. My dealer calculated payments $407/mo w/$0 down.
    Is it good deal?What do you feel about Refuel America deal w/$2.99 per gal.?
    Should I take it and pay extra $70 per mo.? I live in Detroit area.Thank you.
  • stater09stater09 Posts: 4
    Car man;
    I am looking to lease a 2008 Commander Sport 4x4, base model (MSRP just over 30,000). What are the MF and residual rates on a 24 & 36 month low mileage lease - 10,500 per year. Also, if you wouldn't mind working up a sample payment I would greatly appreciate it.
    Hi stater09. This lease program varies somewhat by region, but here is the most likely program available in your area. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 Jeep Commander Sport 4WD with 10,500 miles per year are .00277 and 54%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00226 and 47%.

Car_man
    Host
  • Has anyone had any recent negotiations with Chrysler Financial on the end of lease purchase of their vehicle? I have a lease that will be ending this fall and wondered what people have been able to negotiate.

It seems that auction prices won't justify the residuals, and I read that they are losing $5k+ per vehicle that they are taking back in this segment.

Any thoughts or recent experiences would be appreciated.
    Hi christiands. I believe that I recall reading a post from someone who was able to successfully negotiate a lower lease-end purchase price on a Chrysler Financial lease lately, christiands. It is difficult to say for certain whether Chrysler will negotiate your Commander's purchase price. Give them a call, you don't have anything to lose by trying. You certainly don't want to pay your truck's full purchase option price, which is likely much more than it is worth on the open market right now. If you wouldn't mind, please stop back and let us all know what they tell you.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks for the reply car_man,
    I talked to a couple of others that I know are going through similar situations and I will let you know what we're finding.

First, a friend's Commander is due this month and CFS' first offer to him was $4k off the residual without even asking for a discount. We'll see what he can do; I'm pushing him to offer much lower in writing to see how they respond. His is the test case I guess, so I'll update as needed.

Another friend has a minivan, so it will be interesting if there is a difference between SUVs and other vehicles. In my opinion (educated, as it relates to what is happening with automakers), there isn't an OEM that wants cars off leases now. Auction values are way off, driving used car values down and the earnings down due to inflated residuals.

A possible strategy I'm looking at is negotiating not only the purchase price (assuming someone wants their vehicle), but also to have CFS finance it and asking for a low interest loan on the vehicle. I would stay on their books, but probably would be treated differently than taking it in. What do you think?
This discussion has been closed.