Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Commander Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi asw1. If you were to lease a 2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4WD through Chrysler Financial right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00269 and 55%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this truck, keep in mind that DaimlerChrysler is currently providing $2,000 lease cash plus an additional $1,000 bonus for deals through Chrysler Financial on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • jaguar325jaguar325 Posts: 2
    Car Man, you're.. well.. the man! could you help me confirm a lease deal I was quoted today? With options, the MSRP is $43,445 and the EP price quoted was $35,976. They said this included the $2,500 rebate which I would get if I lease but not get if I go with 0% financing. Before I get into the nitty gritty detail on comparing those two options, I want to make sure I am getting the best lease deal possible. The monthly rate quoted was $568 for a 39-month, 15K miles/year lease where I would have to pay $1,133 as a "first payment". Does this sound aggressive to you or should there be more room in the rate? (I am not exactly sure how to calculate the money rate).

Thanks!
    Thanks jaguar325 :blush: . Let's work up a lease payment on this truck using Chrysler Financial's actual lease program and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 Jeep Commander non-Limited 4WD (this is an assumption, let me know if you want a different truck because it will make a difference) with an MSRP of $43,445 and a selling price of $35,976 through Chrysler Financial right now for 39 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $468. This is a lot lower than the payment that you were quoted. I assume that your payment includes sales tax. This would make up for some, but not all of the difference. Perhaps the dealer that you are working with is marking up your truck's money factor. Make sure that Chrysler Financial's buy rate money factor of .00159 is being used to calculate your truck's lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • jaguar325jaguar325 Posts: 2
    Thanks for your reply. This was, in fact, a Limited. Yes, it did include state sales tax (6.5% on the entire car). The amount out of pocket was estmated to be about $1,000.
  • rik4rik4 Posts: 90
    i got 5000 off . on 65th anniversay edition. also you get no charge for the moon roof and sky view roofs. got mud flaps thrown in too. great deal. love the lt khaki colour too. also got much better trade than at a toy dealer . love the car.
  • budman163budman163 Posts: 2
    How much above or below invoice are ya'll paying?
    my list was 31,100 and i paid 26,100 plus tax.
  • Hey Car Man! Long time lurker here... second time lessee. The first time I knew nothing and don't think I did very well. I've now read "10 Steps to Leasing..." and played with the Calculator and still find myself feeling unsure of how to proceed. I picked up my last car - Ford Expedition - via Cars Direct at a very good price out of Las Vegas, but think I got ripped on the lease. Now I am looking again at Cars Direct for getting the car, but think I may have a hard time negotiating lease terms assuming the car turns out to be in another town or state.

2006 Commander Limited, 4x4, 5.7 Hemi and tow package. MSRP $40,850. Cars Direct target price $35,781 after $2,500 rebate. Local dealer offered the car to me at $37,425 and a 36 mo lease, 15k/yr for around $720/mo. Plus a first payment/registration fee. I said, "Say what?"

Update: Just got a call back from the local dealer who quoted me $36,244 now... waiting now for lease info update.

I guess I'm not even sure what advice to ask for at this point, but I need to make something happen in the next 10 days or so and would look to you for any guidance you might be able to give.

Thanks for any input you can give me!

Tad

UPDATE:

MSRP $40,925

27 mo lease @ 15k/yr: CAP $36,244. Money factor .00230. Residual 58% + $700 acquisition fee. $640.30/mo + tax. The calculator on this site says it should be $603.21 + tax w/ $650 security deposit(?)

36 mo lease @ 15k/yr: CAP $36,244. Money factor .00230. Residual 51% + $700 acquisition fee. $586.67/mo + tax. The calculator now tells me $562.63 + tax w/$600 security deposit.
  • Some of my local dealers constantly advertised leasing deals on 2006 Commander 4X4 at $129-159 monthly payment with zero down for a 27-month term. Obviously it is too good to be true. Are these just their tricks to lure you to visit their stores?
    By the way, for a base style of 2006 Jeep Commander 4WD, what kind of deals can be considered as good?
  • flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,601
    NO trick, the down payment + fee's and 1st month payment would be around 5-6K.... Remember, the down payment helps lower your payments. :P
    You're very welcome, jaguar325.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Wow, tdenton1138, $720 a month to lease a Jeep. YIKES :surprise: . The money factor that you were quoted to lease this truck is too high. Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor for a 30 month lease of an '06 Jeep Commander Limited 4WD is only .00150. Using its current base lease program, an MSRP of $40,925, and a selling price of $36,244, I estimate that its 30 month, 15,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $559. The payment for an otherwise identical 36 month lease (money factor: .00150 / residual: 50%) should be $524. Make sure that this truck's payments are more in line with the numbers that I came up with.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hi arthurking. Most dealers advertise monthly payments that are as low as possible to lure customers into their showrooms. Take a look at the fine print for the $150 a month payment that you saw. It most likely either assumes that you qualify for some sort of obscure incentives like a $500 bonus for recent college grads plus a $500 military bonus plus etc... or make a huge down payment. The truth about unbelievably low advertised payments is usually in the fine print.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • But I checked the fine prints. Here is what it says:
    Lease: start-up fee includes amount due + 1st payment,tax, title, plates, dest. & doc., rebates and upfront fees plus tax. And also, it says $0 downpayment.
    after july 1st you get employee discount and o% interest also. so wait and get a great deal.
  • budman163budman163 Posts: 2
    Thanks for the feedback. I read this weekend that they were going to bring back employee pricing, but did not see anything about employee pricing and 0% interest too. Also, how good is employee pricing, really? Above, at, or below invoice, and how much?

Thanks
  • radfordjradfordj Posts: 1
    Chrysler/Jeep Dealership is quoting me .0029 money factor for 36 month lease. How can I confirm lower rates that you assert are available from Chrysler/Jeep?
  • doug33doug33 Posts: 5
    After looking at commanders since they came out I was trying to find a way to get my payments under $450.oo
    Well with the employee pricing (began July 1st),overstock discount(ended july 5),% rate or $2000.oo.I was able to get the price that would work for me.
    I bought a base model w/ dark khaki w/ v8 and tow.
    MSRP $31730.00
    E.p.- $3423.00
    overstk- $2000.00
    % rate - 2000.00
    discount- $7423.00
    final price $24307.00

I bought at branhaven jeep at it was a no hassel deal.
    I am however waiting to see if I can also combine the
    $500.00 military discount.
    that would bring the price to $23807.00
    Note
    This deal was only good july 1st thru the 5th.
    I belive the overstock dicount has ended. :D :D :D
    Hi radfordj. Chrysler Financial's new July 36 month buy rate lease money factors for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier are .00203 for 2006 Jeep Commander 2WD and .00196 for Commander 4WD models. I am not aware of any source that provides information on manufacturers' actual lease programs to the general public, but I am positive that the numbers that I just mentioned are correct. If the dealer that you are working with won't let lease this truck using its buy rate money factor, shop around I am sure that you won't have much trouble finding one that will.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • jonesy9jonesy9 Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,

Is the July money factor different for a 39 month lease vs. the 36 month figure quoted above? I am being quoted a "rate" of 6% for a 4WD model, which I assume is equal to a money factor of .00500?

Thanks.
  • triogemtriogem Posts: 32
    how did you get the MSRP for $31730?

I check on edmunds. 4wd w/v6 29,540 and 2wd for w/v8 for 35,785.
    one. with the rear air.
  • doug33doug33 Posts: 5
    base price = $29,290
    dk khaki pearl coat = $150
    tow group 4 = $225
    4.7 v8 = 1340
    destination charge = $695
    total = $31,730
  • Hey carman, I'm looking for a JC V6 U package with DVD. Sticker price was 36 and 32 EP. What would be a good negotiated price and how much would I have to put down to keep payments under 300 on a 27 month 15k lease?
  • It's not a "trick", if you meet the criteria, you can get that deal. Most people just don't meet the criteria, so it's used to drive traffic.

If it's a zero down deal, it's gotta be a stripper model with a V6. The big dealer here was offering base models with a V8 (MSRP $32185) for $139mo/27months. That price got you a 28S model with rear AC. To get the price, you had to be DCX employee or immediate family. Couldn't just walk in off the street hoping for Employee Plus, couldn't even be Employee Choice, you had to be immediate family of the employee. You also had to qualify for ALL rebates:

$2000 rebate - everyone qualifies
    $1000 rebate - lease loyalty (must lease thru DCX)
    $500 rebate - military
    $2000 rebate - "loyalty bonus" dcx employee or immediate family only

$995 due at signing
    $700 "or so" in fees according to dealer :confuse:
    10500 miles per year (boosts residual)

And yeah, then you could get a stripped V8 Commander, and never drive it. Big deal. Needless to say, I went elsewhere to get our new 65th anniversary edition.
  • To Carman and All,

Yesterday I was offered a Base v6 4x4 Commander at Employee Price. Additionally, they were offering the 2k in lease cash, 1k in bonus cash. Lastly, for "this weekend only", they were offering another Dealer Discount of 1k. That 4k off of Employee Price. Can anybody tell me if there is anymore room to haggle price. My thought is that they will probably get kickbacks from Chystler to compensate them for the employee price as well as 3k of the 4k discount.

Also, can anybody give me the reisudal for a base model and money factor. 12k miles per year, 39 months. Just want to double check the dealers quote, I'm in Oregon. Thanks All.
  • I can't tell you about the residual, but the extra "this weekend only 1k" dealer rebate was a $1500 incentive DCX threw to the dealers at the end of the week to move metal. So the dealer was keeping $500 of the $1500 as profit.

FWIW, when the dealer here ran numbers for me, the 24 month and 36 month lease amounts were higher than the 27 month lease. Only by $20/month or so, but still something to think about.
    Hi infamous. It is never a good idea to make down payments when leasing, even if it means that you will have a monthly payment than you are comfortable with. You can always use some of the money that you would have put down to supplement your payments or to make a few of them for you. I always advise community members against making down payments on leases because if their leased vehicle is stolen and never recovered during their lease or totaled in an accident their down payment essentially disappears.

If you purchase or lease a Commander before the end of the month you can take advantage of DaimlerChrysler's special "Employee Pricing Plus" promotion. This program will provide you with a capitalized cost that is equivalent to the selling price that you would be eligible for if you an actual DaimlerChrysler employee. This program will only run through August 31st. On September 1st DaimlerChrysler will introduce a new incentive program. Rumor has it that it will introduce 0% financing for 6 years for the first time on a number of models for the money of September. If you are not completely sold on leasing this will be a very attractive promotion.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi jamesbbeam. It looks like you are getting a very good deal on this truck to me. DaimlerChrysler is paying for the $2,000 lease cash and $1,000 bonus cash that are available on the 2006 Commander right now. The only other cash incentive that is available on the '06 Commander is $1,000 bonus cash on V8 models that have been in dealer inventory since the end of March, but that obviously is not applicable on this truck. This dealer is dipping into the commission that it is making for selling your truck through the Employee Pricing Plus promotion to entice you to make this deal. In case you are interested, dealers are paid 6% of the Employee Price for vehicles sold through this program.

As far as this truck's lease program goes, Chrysler Financial's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2006 Jeep Commander V6 4WD with 12,000 miles per year are .00202 and 49%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Carman I really need your help! Just started the painstaking process. First go round at the dealership had them offering the following on an JC $36,340 MSRP. 15,000 mile 24 month lease 52% and .00165 and 36 months @ 45% and .00187. They would only take $2500 of the price. I told them to call me when they are ready to play ball. They currently have 60 on the lot this perticular one has been there since March. Thoughts????
This discussion has been closed.