Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Commander Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I live in Westchester, NY. My dealership has offered me a lease price of $472/month. I am turning in a 2004 Dodge Durango.........but the lease is not up until July. The invoice price is $29,029, no money down, Chrysler credit $2500, 15K miles/year, lease for 39 months. Is the lease price of $472 a good price..........it seems high to me.
    Also, they gave me these #'s, but I'm not sure what they mean: Pull $1501.40, Cust $1335.20, and EFT $2836.01. Help!

Thanks for you input. :shades:
  • Was wondering if factory money is still avaialable on 2006 models? what can you expect to pay? Thanks
  • I just got a quote for 27500 out the door with 1.9 financing (3 yrs) (or 25000 w/o financing) for a 2WD base model in black. Seems like a good price but I was hoping for 25k and 1.9. Might need to wait for June to see this.
  • Hi heyrocco. DaimlerChrysler has an early lease termination program, but it only waives lessees' final three payments at no charge. If you try to get out of your current lease more than three months early, you are going to have to pay money out of your own pocket. You may want to consider waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your current lease to get something new. I would be happy to give you my opinion on this deal, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with this truck's MSRP and selling price. These numbers will show me how much of a discount you are bring given and they will enable mt to use Chrysler Financial's actual lease program to estimate what your monthly payment should be. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • TKlooser

was this for a 2006 or 2007 model? thanks
  • It is a 2007. I'm in Southern California.
  • Hi. I have never leased before. I am thinking of leasing a 2007 Jeep Commander 4x2 limited with nav, dvd, bluetooth, etc in Birmingham, AL. The sticker MSRP is $41,660. There is currently a $2,500 cash rebate. The car is a dealer demo with 4,999 miles(too convenient??). I am not quite ready to make a decision on a car yet for a week or two. My new Pathfinder was totaled and the insurance is paying it off next week. I love the Pathfinder but I took this bad circumstance as a good opportunity to try another new car out and I would like a lower monthly payment. The salesman gave me a quick quote of $38,600 after demo reduction and $2,500 rebate. I did not want to sit down today and negotiate b/c it would waste there time b/c I will not be able to finanlize it today. The salesman is very understanding and basically said this $38,600 was still negotiable. Is this a fair price? How much should the discount be just for the demo miles? Can you tell me what I should expect for a 39 mo / 18k (if available) lease on this vehicle. I do not want to put much down (maybe 1k). What is the current money factor, residual, etc. that would be helpful to calculate all my options? I am a finance guy so I understand the calcs and the pros and cons of leasing but I need this info and some input from you to help me make a decision.

Thanks!!!!!
  • I looked today at a limited loaded with a hemi navi backup camera sticker was just over 39k
    im swaping a pacifica lease (chrysler financial) so would probably be entitled to lease loyalty, if they're offering anything this month. id like to put down as little as possible.
    any idea where my payment should be for 36 months
    im willing to do shorter if there is a good program available.
    thxs
  • msrp is $41025 (limited 4x2 with nav - saddle brown seats ...). They offered the car to me for what they claim to be invoice - $37961 - less 2500 cash less 1500 lease loyalty, since im currently a chrysler financial customer, plus tax tag and dealer fee

15k miles and said 39 mo was the best program currently
    with 1k at inception - monthly pay was $524.70 plus tax = $558.81 What do you think?

seems a little high to me - my 06 durango stickered at 41k and im paying closer to $475/mo (same terms)
  • said the residual was 49% and the money factor used to figure the payment was .00224
  • Hi. I just leased an 07 limited commander with 4.7 V8, nav, back up camera, dvd, remote ignition, power liftgate, bluetooth, etc. in Birmingham, AL. The sticker was $41,500. It was a demo so I got them down to $37,100 minus $2,500 rebate. I am a finance guy and I have done an incredible amount of research on leasing negotiations and was well prepared (this is my first lease). They originally gave me a payment of $550 for 39mo/18k miles. I think the money factor was .00224 and residual of 49%. HOWEVER, they were not calculating the residual off of the MSRP (I don't know what they were using and they woudn't show me). So I walked out.

They called me back and I just showed the business manager my calculations and told him that is what I would pay. My new proposed terms were 27mo/15k miles, MF of .0017, residual of 55% of MSRP. He said no one had ever approached him with the amount of detail I had and gave it to me for the "fair" price. Payments came out to $560/mo after tax. He even offered me a job because of how well I understood the process.

I hope this helps and make sure that you know the correct numbers that should be used to calculate your lease payment. If you know what your payment should be and they come back with something different then they are using different numbers than you...simple as that. And they WILL do it if you do not point it out to them.

Good luck!
  • thx for the info - how much did u put down?

my deal was 1k down - payment with tax 558
  • Sorry, I forgot to mention the down payment. I put $1,650 up front in cash ($1k down payment and $650 for tax and first month pmt).
  • Thanks for the info bamatide01! Was this a 4X4 model or a 4x2?

I'm being offered a 39mo lease on a 2007 Commander Limited 4x4 (I live in Minnesota)... Following features:

V8 Flexfuel Engine
    Automatic Transmission
    Regular Wheels
    Premium Sound
    Sirius Radio
    UConnect hands free
    Navagation system

Dealer says MSRP of 41605 - I'll get 1% below list + $75 (Friends and Family purchase), so 38191, less todays rebate of 2500 for a purchase price of 35691... Residual = 21218.55, payments of 607.04/mo - includes MN sales tax and registration.
  • Mine is a 4x2 but has a few more options so the MSRP is about the same. You may be able to get them down a couple hundred more on the Commander (if it's worth haggling over) because the invoice is around $37,700 but $38,191 is fair.

How much up front cash (down payment, first payment, tax on down payment, etc.)?

How many miles/year are you getting?

The residual you quoted is about 51% of MSRP which is pretty fair on a 39mo lease.

What is the money factor Chrysler is giving you? Assuming everything you've told me and assuming zero down payment then a lease payment of $609 would equal to a money factor of about .0032 or 7.68% APR(multiply by 2400 to get APR) which is a little high depending on your credit history. If you have decent credit I would try to shoot for a money factor of .0022 or 5.28% APR at highest.

If you want the 39mo lease I would shoot for a payment of $550/mo with zero down. You will pay roughly $600 or so for first payment and whatever else they tack on up front.

However, I would consider a 24 or 27mo lease because a 39mo lease is a long time and the car will likely be out of standard warranty towards the end of the lease. Most people who lease like to change cars every 2 years and keep a new car that is in warranty. Otherwise you would just finance.

The difference in payments on a 39mo and 27mo lease are not that much. You will get a higher residual value and lower money factor.

I can send you an easy little spreadhseet that I have developed that shows you how you calculate your payment based on all of the factors I've mentioned in this email. Just let me know if you would like it.

Good luck!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi uffllaa. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Commander that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this truck's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the vehicle that you are interested in for you if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Ahhh ha, uffllaa. I see that you already mentioned the prices that I just asked for. Dealer invoice minus any available cash incentives is a very good price for a new 2007 Jeep Commander. If you never finalized your deal in February, make sure to take advantage of DaimlerChrysler's enhanced cash incentives on this truck for the month of March. It now has $3,000 lease cash PLUS an additional $1,000 bonus on the '07 Commander Limited ($4,000 total). Also, make sure that the dealer you are working with is using Chrysler Financial's 39 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value of .00259 and 47%, respectively to calculate your truck's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • ant99ant99 Posts: 1
    I would be very interested in seeing your spreadsheet as I am about to begin discussions on a lease.
  • I was very lucky!! I purchased my 2006 Commander in April of 2007. It was a "Factory disclosure" car. I had not heard this term before? The hood and roof had been repainted by the dealer, I had to sign a paper showing that I was aware of this and got a copy of the paint bill. My Jeep is the sport model with a trail rating, 4.7L, rear A/C, Q-2, skid plates, and roof rack. I paid $23788 plus taxes.
    The dealer, Pro Chrysler Jeep of Denver, did an outstanding job. They picked us up at the airport and handled everything very professionally. They also threw in 3 years and 36,000 miles of service for free. (3000 mile changes)
    My first service experience went flawlessly. :) :)
  • brentkhackbrentkhack Posts: 22
    I am looking at a 07 Commander Sport. I see that for a lease it gets $4000 total lease cash. Would I qualify for the $1500 bonus cash due to our current lease with Mercedes for a total of $5500?