Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda3 Accessories and Modifications

Comments

• cinderycindery Posts: 14
    Mazda offers a Roof Rack in all other markets but the US. You can see the rack on the Mazda Canada website:
    http://www.mazda.ca/files/2007_mazda3_accBro_en.pdf
    or in Australia:
    http://www.mazda.com.au/accessories_pl.asp?id=74&x=14&y=8

I contacted Mazda USA with this info, they said they had no plans to import this item. You can get it in Canada if you want it.
  • edsmazda3edsmazda3 Posts: 2
    I just bought a mazda3 and one of the first thing I want to do is get a new exhaust. I'm debating whether to get the borla or the magnaflow...any suggestions as to which to get? Thanks.
  • shaw_jodyshaw_jody Posts: 1
    My 2005 Mazda3 hatchback did not come with factory side air bags, and I am wondering about adding them. Does anyone know if I can simply purchase new seats with the side air bags? Or are there additional electrical connections for the side airbags? I thought the seat bolster airbags were pressure activated, but I can't find any information about them, and my local dealer is baffled! Any advise is greatly appreciated.
  • bigfurbigfur Posts: 649
    Messing with air bags AT ALL is something you dont want to do unless you are a trained pro. Would probably be simpler and easier to just buy a M3 that has them already installed.
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,759
    And it's not just the side airbags in the seats, but the side curtains that provide the critical head protection. Quite an extensive retrofit to add them. As was said, may be cheaper to trade for a car that already has them.
  • I've been looking around on the internet but is the only spoiler available for the 2006 mazda3 from the mazda dealer? Can anyone recommend any sites that sell a variety of spoilers for the mazda3?
  • wingzwingz Posts: 1
    I don't really like the new wheels for the 2007 model year. I would prefer to get the 17 inch alloys from the 2006 or previous years for my 2007 Mazda3 S Touring. Are there any websites where I can purchase them instead of going through the dealer and paying a higher price? Much appreciated.
  • I drive a '07 3 Sport hatch w/manual tranny. Absolutely love the car! Only wish it had DRL's. (I'm in California.) I've seen posts for various other makes which allows you to make lighting modifications pretty easily. What I'm hoping to do, is to make the foglights on my "3" act as DRL's.
    Anyone have a suggestion?
    Thanks
  • I'm looking for navigation and good sound (and I'd like satellite and IPOD, and aux-in if possible).

The GT with Nav costs about 3400-3800 more than a Sport. I think I've priced out an AVIC D3 (GPS HU), good speakers [aka better than Bose], amps, and installation for less than 3000.

Has anyone else tried this approach? If so, were you able to have it integrated with the steering controlls, and did you lose anything? (LCD clock?)

And more importantly, was it worth the time and effort?
  • tiff_ctiff_c Posts: 531
    Has anyone else tried this approach? If so, were you able to have it integrated with the steering controls, and did you lose anything? (LCD clock?)

This is what SEMA is all about. I've seen all kinds of customized cars. You'd probably need a different steering wheel with all the buttons on it and integrating it with everything would probably cost some real time and money.
    Why everything has to be integrated is beyond me. A Portable Nav system is almost as good and a world cheaper and audio systems have a lot of aftermarket options. I'm not into audio at all I use the stock CD player since I prefer to listen to my car. :blush:
    But aftermarket is possible, steering wheel is another matter, possibly doable but expensive.
    If it's what you really want then just do it. ;)
  • Personally, I think to integrate aftermaket successfully into this car would cost a lot in terms of installer labor. Also, the additional cost of the GT isn't just about electronics. The spiiffy leather and xenon headlights are part of the cost too. I'm interested in finding a terrestrial HD radio receiver that could be integrated and controlled by my vacant SAT radio button.
  • They are only $20 more than the official set of 4 mazda all season mats. The front passenger mat looks like it might have a little bit extra rubber on the top right hand corner. Other than that it looks like they might fit pretty good. I have an 07 mazda3.

Anyone tried these yet (or found a cheaper alternative:)
  • I installed an INJEN cold air intake and have nothing but more power to talk about. You can definitely tell the difference and no codes!
  • mazdrvrmazdrvr Posts: 103
    Okay, i can't believe i did this but on top of the little damage that i got on one of my wheels/rim, (most likely) from the dealership service dept, on the same one, i put a nice huge scratch on it tonight from being too close to a curb. (Aarrgghh!!!) Does anyone know if you could purchase just 1 from Mazda or would you have to buy a whole set? And about how much? I know it's going to bother me if i just leave it...
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,691
    Does anyone know if you could purchase just 1 from Mazda or would you have to buy a whole set? And about how much? I know it's going to bother me if i just leave it...

Mazda sells individual wheels- as does every auto maker I am familiar with. I'd check out Online Mazda Parts, AKA Montgomery Mazda in NC. They sell OEM parts at decent prices. And of course there is always eBay. Regardless, I'd expect to pay $300-$450 per wheel from a dealer. www.mazdas247.com has a classified section; you may find some take-offs there.

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

• Dealership will probably ask approx $200 for a wheel. You can also check ebay, can sometimes find good deals on used Mazda3 rims. Also check out the classified section (Buy/Sell) at mazda3forums.com
    Thank you roadburner & tomkozki!
    I just gave my dealership a call to check the price & it's $407.35. I'm going to check online as suggested.

Do you think they would care if i purchased somewhere else & had them install it? (of course i would have to pay a work fee). The only other thing too would be having to lug it there.

**wait, just found a coupon fr. Mazda for accessories; a wheel/ rim is an accessory right? Or would it count as a part?
  • ex_tdierex_tdier Posts: 275
    You can go to rim place and have them fix your rim for less than the price of a new rim. Just ask an autobody shop or a tire store for the names of them in your area.
  • Hey all

Im new to the car thing and have recently Got my self a 2004 Mazda 3 ts 1.6L and want a bit more Ummph

Firstly can you fit a turbo to the engine of a 1.6 and if u can what sort ??

Secondly is i worth is ? how much more power / 0-60 time would i get??

Thanks for reading Hope to hear back from some one that knows morew about this sorta stuff than me !!..
  • I would like to put new speakers into the front door of my new 2008 3s Hatchback. My car has the side curtain airbags. My question is: anyone know if the airbags are in any part of the door, and would any issues arise when I take the door off to install the speakers. I know I am probably being overly cautious on this, but I just dont want to do something stupid which may affect the airbags.

Any help of this matter, or just an affirmation from someone who has already done this would be appreciated.

Also, what are the size of the speakers 5 x 7 or 6 x 8?

Thanks
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,691
    I'd check with Crutchfield.

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

• scwmcanscwmcan Niagara, CanadaPosts: 394
    The side curtain airbags are in the roof, the side airbags are in the seats (90%) sure. I am not sure if the sensors would be in the door or not (I would assume not though), no idea on the size of the speakers though..
    Scott
  • I have a 2006 3i sedan with side air bags, and I swapped out my speakers. I would think not much is different with a 2008 hatch. You have to remove the door panel to change the speakers. Only issue really is to remember to disconnect the power locks and power windows harnesses as you take off the panel. When taking off the panel, do it slowly so as not to break any of the plastic clips (they're cheap to replace though). Size is 6 x 8.
  • if you have the bose sound system I would forget it, the bose speakers are less resistance than aftermarket, you would actually have to replace the whole sound system. You should have no problem with replacing the speaker if you don't. I recommend NOT probing any orange or yellow wire that goes to a yellow plug, that's usually the airbag wire. You will have to remove the door and to the best of my knowledge they are round speakers, 6" I believe... if it is actually 6x8 I would look for a plate to convert to 6" round, square speakers have horrible sound quality
  • mommacatmommacat Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if you can get a hitch bike rack for a Mazda 3 5 door? Any good ones out there? Since you aren't really supposed to tow with a Mazda 3 do you think it's ok?
  • rulprulp Posts: 9
    For those interested: 2.3l '04 manual. I have installed the AEM CAI with very noticeable 3rd gear power and torque improvement. Nice intake howl. Difficult to remove stock system, easy to install AEM. Difficult filter access - use KN filter sock. No codes or problems. FOLLOW DIRECTIONS! AEM passed NYS inspection at Mazda dealer. Usual 32 MPG hwy. Just installed at same Mazda dealer the Magnaflow cat-back exhaust. Even more fun! Nice muted deep sound that never gets harsh or raspy. Can no longer hear intake howl - a minus. Gets
    attention from euro test pilots with cars costing twice as much. (try toting a marble-top dresser in your rig pal!) 33 MPG hwy. More cockpit noise at cruise speed as expected, but only noticeable with audio off. Total cost of both systems and installation around $800.00. Way more fun on regular gas and no penalty in fuel economy! Highly recommended!
  • mizzoumazdamizzoumazda Posts: 17
    I am having a hard time adjusting to the sticky plastic steering wheel of my Mazda3i 2008 Touring. Any advice on the wisdom of trying to get some leather onto it?
  • wildthingwildthing Posts: 25
    I have a 2005 Mazda 3 GT sedan.

I purchased a Garmin Nuvi 760 GPS system and I'm looking for suggestions as to where I can install the mount for a clean looking installation.

I already have an XM Sat radio installed where the little storage compartment was under the airbag light/12 v power port was located. I had a local accessories car shop fabricate a piece of plastic that resembled he black panel that was there. They pulled the little storage compartment out, installed the sat radio antenna and power connections behind this panel, reinstalled the 12v port to the fabricated panel and connected the fabricated panel to the car to present a nice clean looking sat radio installation.

I'm looking to do something similar for my GPS but dashboard real estate is an issue. I don't want to use the glass or dashboard connection that comes with the unit...traiiling wires all over the place is just ugly. I also don't want anything connected to or blocking my air vents.

Anyone have any suggestions on possible locations...??.. One possibility is the space between the two tuning buttons...not sure what's behind there.

Any other locations ??
This discussion has been closed.