Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Caravan/Voyager Heating/Cooling Problems

Minivan Plymouth Voyager blows hot air. How can I tell if the compressor is shot? I looked under hood but I know nothing about cars so I dont know what I am looking for. S.O.S. How do you tell if it is the compressor or something else? I can't afford to be ripped off.

Comments

• bought the van used with no a/c belt, just put one in and its really noisy ONLY when a/c is turned on. compressor does not appear to be seized (belt wheel spins freely with no resistance). have not checked a/c coolant level yet though. any ideas what would cause loud noise?
  • aktroyaktroy Posts: 1
    I have an 02 Grand Caravan that has front and back climate controls. The blower only runs at the highest setting on both front and back. I checked fuses and could not find one blown. Any ideas???
  • vchengvcheng Posts: 1,286
    Check the blower motor resistor packs. The front one is on the firewall, but I do not know where the rear one is for sure on your model. It is probably in the blower motor housing at the back.
  • I have a 2000 Plymouth Voyager and am told the Heater Resistor is bad. Where do I find this and is this something I can replace myself??
  • I have a 2001 Voyager. The problem I am having is with the ac/heater. If you turn on the heater it blows cold air through the floor vents. And sometimes changing the temp control from cold to hot doesn't produce the expected results. Has anyone else had this sort of problem?
  • barivbariv Posts: 1
    Has anyone ever replaced the metal coolant lines that are the supply and return for the rear auxilary heater? I have a 2004 grand caravan and the metal lines have rusted out just rear of the front wheels. I have disconnected the hoses and removed the 2 mounting bolts but the lines aren't easily removed from behind the engine. Any suggestions?
  • Last week the heater fan in my 1992 Caravan stopped working, and at the same time the airbag light came on. Then the airbag light went off and the fan started blowing again. After I shut off the van and started it up again, no air moving and airbag light on, and noticed that signal lights don't work either. 4 way flashers work so it's not my lights. Can someone please tell me if there is an electrical connection between the signal lights and heater fan? Sure hope someone can help me.
  • ahchiahchi Posts: 2
    I have same problem with my Grand caravan 2005 SE, I noticed that my feet were getting progressively colder, even with the heat on high. pouring out of a vent on the floor, but next to it where the center console is, warm air is coming. It is impossible to drive when the temperature is lower than -10. I got dealers to check 5 times already. all they said is nothing wrong with it.
    Could any one help?
  • ahchiahchi Posts: 2
    have same problem with my Grand caravan 2005 SE, I noticed that my feet were getting progressively colder, even with the heat on high. pouring out of a vent on the floor, but next to it where the center console is, warm air is coming. It is impossible to drive when the temperature is lower than -10. I got dealers to check 5 times already. all they said is nothing wrong with it.
    Could any one help?
  • My 97 Dodge Caravan ES (USA) is not putting out the volume of cold air it once did. The air I do get is cold, but at one time it was a real frost-biting guster from the dash vents. Now it's just barely a whisper. Could it be that there are vacuum operated doors that are stuck in the mostly closed position? Any suggestions as to how to free them up? Or is it another problem? I live in southern Nevada and the summer 115° days are just around the corner.
    We did use the heat a few days this winter, and it seemed to work fine. It's just the A/C that has the low volume. Thanks in advance.
  • I currently have a 1999 Dodge Grand Caravan and 2 years ago the heat went out. I was told there was a problem with the a/c & heater module panel and that would need replaced. I did that and the heat worked fine. This year the heat does not work again and I purchased another module panel and this time it still doesn't work. Has anyone else had problems with the heater? Thanks. I am reluctant to take it to a dealership before I know what to have them look for. They usually end up getting you for numerous things and $2000 whether you needed it or not. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • I have a 2000 Chrysler Voyager and a year ago I had the same problem. We replaced the hearter core and it seemed to work until last night. When you replaced the ac/heater module where did you ge tthe part? Junkie or Dealer?
  • Hi, everyone!

I was driving the other night when all of a sudden, I heard a loud noise from the passenger side under the hood. At the same time, the car seemed to lose power where it would not move more than 5 mph.

It was taken to a shop I am not familiar with (I just moved to the area) and the initial diagnosis is that the AC compressor was bad and was draining power from the car. Having said that, the guy says it will cost 932.00 to have it fixed and he doesn't know if that will fix the power problem.

First, the noise happened at the same time the power problem happened so how could it be two different things at one time? Also, is it even posssible for the AC compressor to cause this?

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Have them purge the lines, more than likely your compressor imploded and the pcs went through them. The dealer put 3 compressors in our 05 sxt before they realized what had happened and had to replace all of the lines.
  • gmikegmike Posts: 1
    On my 1998 Voyager SE there is very little heat coming out of the floor vents, even on high, any suggestions for a fix would be appreciated.
  • lrt48lrt48 Posts: 1
    i have a 2003 voyager where is the resistor located and can i fix it and get the part
  • vapetevapete Posts: 2
    Hi,

i have a 1999 plymouth voyager expresso. the problems is that the blower is intermitten and when it does run it is running at low speed. it also make noise like it is dragging. does it need to be replaced? if so where is it?

thanks
  • I believe my heater core has plugged up or is in new of being replaced. I have a 2001 caravan with only the front heat. how hard is it to replace the heater core in this model??
    Any help would be great...
    Bill