Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Caliber MPG-Real World Numbers

1234568»

Comments

• Glad you haven't had any mechanical issues! :)
  • jmechjmech Posts: 15
    I have a SXT w/2.0 engine and CVT. if I cruise at 65mph on the highway, I have gotten 33-34-5 mpg with a/c on. I get around 22-25 mpg around town depending if the a/c is on or not.
    The car has 36,500 miles on it. No big problems. Minor stuff like water leak around 3rd tail light, squeaking bushings in rear and door alignment(just after delivery).
    No complaints. Car rides nice, handles well. Love it!
  • lacnylacny Posts: 1
    Using fuel pump calculations & Miles driven. I always get more mpg than the numbers on the sticker in the window. Round trip to Doore county from Rockford, IL. including driving through small towns, 32 mpg. Commonly get 30+ highway driving. 25+ around town. Using Synthetic 5w-20 Oil, K&N air filter, Mobil 1 oil filter (Made by K&N), Nitrogen in tires, and a light foot, staying close to the speed limit. A heavy foot will bring you close to the window sticker number of 23 for city driving but usually closer to 24. I love cutting my fuel bill 35-45%. Also love the fact that I don't have to sit 4 inches off the ground and have to repel, every time I get in the car. I tell people its my old Pacifica, it just shrunk in the wash.
  • NO A JOKE IS - A TOYOTA DRIVING SNOB WHO IS POSTOING ON A CALIBER FORUM. GO BACK TO TOYOTA WE DON'T CARE ABOUT THEM AS WE OWN A DOGDE. :P
  • Total disagreement on two things.

Synthetic oil is overrated. The minute amount you'll gain in mileage will be countered with the price of the stuff. At best, it's a complete wash.

DO NOT GO BY THE TIRE MANUFACTURER'S PSI. This is not smart. Fill them to "firmer" and you will wear them out faster. There is a reason to follow the car maker's recommendation and it's called safety. The vehicle was designed for tires to be filled to a certain PSI for handling, braking and ride.

I've been in the auto industry for fifteen years and you ALWAYS go by the "book" when it comes to tire PSIs.
  • ltyler44ltyler44 Posts: 2
    I have passed 25K on '07 SXT. Milage poor until passed 8K, then improved to 20/30 city/hwy.
  • bigtsrbigtsr Posts: 149
    I filled up today with 503 kilometers on the trip odo since last
    fillup tank guage was still showing 1/4 left ( I know that's not
    how to determine mpg/liters per 100 km).It took 40.922 liters
    to auto shutoff,worked out doing the math that's 28.9 US or
    8.151 L/100kms/34.65 mpg CAN.All under city driving conditions
    with max speed of 90 km/hr.
    I use Shell 87 exclusively Mopar oil and filter on my SXT 2.0/CVT
    which is 3 yrs old and 39,000 kms on the odo.
  • jim314jim314 Posts: 491
    Good fuel economy under city conditions in a vehicle of very useful size!
  • My 2007 has about 74,000 miles on it and going strong. Most of my driving is to and from work on I-95 @ 70-75 mph. When in town I leave the traffic lights with a light touch on th gas pedal. I average 28-30 mpg.

I'm happy with the car.
  • krash33krash33 Posts: 2
    We have a 2009 caliber se and we drove 1729 miles from Las Vegas to Wisconsin we drove 26 and a half hours at 70 to 80mph and spent $350 round trip om gas.. love the car it has 19000miles no problems... great reliable car and if you own a previous dodge you get a loyalty discount my gf had a 05 neon and got 6000 off the price so in the end we paid $13,000 for a 09 caliber instead of the 23,000

:shades:
  • krash33krash33 Posts: 2
    hey check out mopar.com and they have a mpg meter and rpm in one gauge its 87.99...

http://dodgeparts.mopar.com/dodge/caliber-accessories.html......

then click on lighting and electrical and click fuel saver device
  • I have a 2008 caliber sxt this spring it failed inspection because it needed ball joints and tie rod ends. it only had 68,500 km, I am wondering if anyone else has had the same kind of problems... I also ended up going to the dealership and I had to put rods and things on the back end too... not sure of the right name... I really love my caliber, it is nice and high for getting in and out of and also handles well... wondering if anyone is having any other troubles as well.. thanks
  • jmechjmech Posts: 15
    I had a 2007 which went though 2 sets of suspension bushings at both ends plus tie rod ends. I am glad I had an extended warranty. I kept the car until it reached 60,000 miles and traded it in for a 2010 Dodge Avenger. Never had problems with the suspension on the Avenger.
    Just bought a 2012 Avenger.

I am told that the Avenger has a different suspension so could explain things.

I liked the Caliber otherwise. The Caliber was very reliable as is the Avenger I have now.
  • ajr006ajr006 Posts: 2
    A tank lasts about 100 miles city for me.
1234568»