Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti M35/M45 and Bluetooth

patpat Posts: 10,421
What are your Bluetooth experiences? Questions? Issues? Here's the place to talk about them.

Comments

• lawdawgmilawdawgmi Posts: 62
    Can anyone outline the process by which to transfer phone address book entries to the M's address book via Bluetooth? I have a Razr V3.

Also, how do I edit an existing entry in the M's phonebook? I can't seem to find any way to do this.
  • captnorm35captnorm35 Posts: 16
    I detailed all the steps in:
    captnorm35, "Infiniti M35/M45 2006+" #2616, 8 May 2005 2:08 pm

It's a bit messy as you need to specify which razr entry & which directory # in the M. Once you transfer a few entries, will find can streamline this process.

Norm
  • rmskormsko Posts: 21
    Is there a way to do this with a Blackberry 7100?
  • blov8rblov8r Posts: 567
    I'm in the process of switching from Sprint to Verizon, and want to get a Treo 650. A week, maybe two, ago someone posted here that he/she got a Treo and it's working well. I have a V710 and it's working well ... although the phone book can't be downloaded and the voice commands work through the car's voice recognition system.

Is there any additional input from anyone who's gotten a Treo? The Verizon store was "iffy" about compatibility, but I suspect their main concern was that the voice commands wouldn't go through the Treo and that's not an issue with me. I'm a "lite" user ... want hands free, and if the Treo will perform for me the way the V710 does I'll be perfectly happy.

Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.

(Oh, and the sooner the better ... I'm hoping to make a decision by mid-week. Again, thanks.)
  • scoop4scoop4 Posts: 40
    I have posted in the past about using my Treo 650 with my M35x. I have used the 650 over the last two months that I have owned the car and the basic bluetooth functions work well. I initiate calls on the Treo using the phone address book and the outgoing call appears on the nav display. I have the option to use either the car sound system or the handset for the call. Likewise if a call comes in while I am driving I can take the call either thru the car or on the handset. The mute function works as well. I find the bluetooth capability acceptable but hope that full compatibility will occur in the future.
    I have posted in the past about using my Treo 650 with my M35x. I have used the 650 over the last two months that I have owned the car and the basic bluetooth functions work well.

Thank you, scoop; I didn't realize it was that long ago but you've answered my question. As long as its functionality is decent and at least consistent with my V710 I can go ahead and get one. I'll give the V710 to my wife. It will still work in my M-car, but unfortunately her '04 Lexus isn't Bluetooth enabled. I'm a low-tech kind of guy so basic functionality is all I want ... and I'll have less "stuff" to lug around.
  • ct1211ct1211 Posts: 56
    Guys there are two annoying issues with the TREO 650 bluetooth on the M35/45.

1. You cant currently use the voice recognition on the M to dial a number hands free.
    2. you cant transfer phone numbers - but as I mentioned above you can't initiate a call from the car itself you have to dial from the phone then it will transfer to the car so sending numbers to the car is useless right now anyway! :mad:

I am so miffed at how these companies took a "Universal protocal" - Bluetooth - and screwed it all up
  • dl8dl8 Posts: 25
    what will be the best cell phone with bluetooth technology to have that will work with M45?

Thanks.
  • pete_l_ppete_l_p Posts: 322
    I don't know who your provider is but sprint/palm put out a bluetooth update recently, and every report I've heard says that the Treo and M are working perfectly now. I think the update was 1.12. Do a search for treo bluetooth update

Pete
  • dl8dl8 Posts: 25
    my provider is sprint.
    I will check into the Treo,
    Thank you Pete.

David
    Can't wait to get the m45 deliver from Santa Monica to Honolulu.
    Guys there are two annoying issues with the TREO 650 bluetooth on the M35/45.

1. You cant currently use the voice recognition on the M to dial a number hands free.
    2. you cant transfer phone numbers - but as I mentioned above you can't initiate a call from the car itself you have to dial from the phone then it will transfer to the car so sending numbers to the car is useless right now anyway!

I am so miffed at how these companies took a "Universal protocal" - Bluetooth - and screwed it all up

Scoop said he can dial up using voice on his Treo OR the car's voice recognition. While I agree it's all fouled up, I'm content entering all of my phone frequently dialed numbers in my voice rec system and dialing that way. I want the Treo for convenience of carrying one piece of hardware, not two ... and I want some internet connectivity (but not as much as the Blackberry provides). As long as I can receive and send calls through the car's VR system I'll be content.

you have to dial from the phone then it will transfer to the car so sending numbers to the car is useless right now anyway!

This is contrary to Scoop's experience. Understood that you can't dial a number that's not preset in the car's VR system, but if that's the only glitch it's no biggie (at least to me). :shades:
    As of a couple of months ago Infiniti said there were NO Sprint phones that were compatible with Infiniti's Bluetooth capability. My hunch is there is PARTIAL compatibility, not complete, and Infiniti doesn't want the hassle of endorsing partially compatibility and they getting an endless array of complaints. As Sprint has the Treo (as does Verizon) I suspect the functionality will be the same for both. :shades:
    Hi, let me clarify. I am aware of the sprint upgrade. I have Verizon and I do not think the sprint upgrade will work. (I could be wrong - I dont want to try it and screw up the phone). As I stated before I can dial out using my Treo and I can receive calls. The numbers I have programmed into the infiniti phonebook will NOT dial out as the Treo disconnects after a call. My infiniti voice tells me the phone is disconnected. I just gave up my motorola V710 for the Tero last week. The V710 worked perfectly. I am also investigating the new Samsung I730 windows mobile phone / PDA with bluetooth, just released. I have about 9 days left on my sprint 15 day exchange program. If someone has sucessfully updated a Verizon Treo phone with the sprint updat i would love to hear from you!! ;) ;)
    I just gave up my motorola V710 for the Tero last week. The V710 worked perfectly.

Are you saying that the V710 w/ Verizon worked fine but the Treo through Verizon doesn't work as well? Does the Treo automatically disconnect after each call? That's bizarre --- because the car should recognize it constantly when on and in/near the car. But if that's the case, I don't want the Treo.

Pleeeeeeeze clarify. I'm interpreting your comment to mean that the V710 worked and the Treo doesn't work.

Tell me more about the Samsung I730.
  • pete_l_ppete_l_p Posts: 322
    The newest update specifically handles the issues you have:
    It's completely eliminated the disconnect problem, and the inability to dial out from the infiniti phonebook. I understand, however, your legitimate concern about using a sprint update for a verizon phone -- probably a very bad idea. I'd contact palm and verizon and see if they've got any comparable update for your phone.

I'll be buying the i730 also (exciting isn't it?), but I'm waiting to see which provider is the first to actually go live with evdo in my section of the SF bay area. If you do it, please tell us about your i730/M45 experience (and i730 experience in general). I'm, anxiously waiting for the first M/i730 reports.

Pete
    The numbers I have programmed into the infiniti phonebook will NOT dial out as the Treo disconnects after a call. My infiniti voice tells me the phone is disconnected.

ct1211: It seems you and scoop have two different experiences with your Treo's. Are they both the same vintage? Or is one more updated than the other?

I'm going to take a look at the I730. Bart
    I initiate calls on the Treo using the phone address book and the outgoing call appears on the nav display.

I should have read more carefully. Seems you and ct1211 are saying the same thing ... you can't initiate a call through the car's nav system, so the compatibility doesn't really give you "hands free" funcitonality. Are you running into ct's problem with disconnects after a call? If you enter your frequently called numbers into the car's phone system, can you access them hands free using the car's sound system alone? Push the button and respond to the voice prompt by saying (eg) "call home"? That's what I'm doing now with my V710 ... and if that works it's all I'm asking the Treo to do. Bart
  • thajorthajor Posts: 10
    While we're on the topic of bluetooth phone compatibility, does anyone have info on compatibility with the Sprint PPC-6600? I'm planning on ordering my M45 Sport in a few weeks, and need a new phone as well. Of course, I'd like to make sure if I spend $500 - $600 on a phone/pocket pc that it will work fully with the M. I'm also going to check out the new Samsung when I can, and would appreciate any input on either of these phones and their compatibility.

Thanks
    Bart, finally you see it!! I had a V710 previous to the Treo - You will not be able to hit hands free and say "call home". If you get a treo 650 from verizon right now all you can do is link to the car. When driving if someone calls it will allow you to answer through the car. Also if you dial out from the Treo it will route the call through the car. If you press voice command on the steering wheel and say call home - the car voice will tell you that the phone is disconnected - everytime. I hope all this helps!! As for the other guy asking about the audiovox 6600 I have no knowledge of performance but my first answer would be good luck!! When Verizon gets some phones in stock (later this week I hope) I intend to try the I730. I will keep you guys informed as to how it works.
    If you press voice command on the steering wheel and say call home - the car voice will tell you that the phone is disconnected - everytime. I hope all this helps!!

Absolutely helps. Just had to ask the right question(s) and read the right answer(s). Maybe the Samsung will connect better? And if all else fails I can get the Parrot ...

Annoying. But good to have folks with experience upon which to draw.

Bart