Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti M35/M45 and Bluetooth

Comments

• blov8rblov8r Posts: 567
    I will be purchasing a new verizon wireless cellphone

There are many posts on this thread going back to May, so cruise through them.

Your best bet is to go to Infiniti's website and see what Verizon phones THEY say couple well; unfortunately, by their own admission the list isn't up to date. I had the Motorola E815 and it had to be connected every time I got into the car ... they say it turns the Bluetooth feature off to save energy when not in Bluetooth range. I went back to my Motorola V710 and it couples to the car every time, no hassle. Neither transfers the phone's phonebook so you need to hand enter your frequently dialed numbers into the car's system ... then they work fine hands free. The sound's a tad better with the E815 but it's a nuisance to have to couple every time.

According to two Verizon dealers here in Tucson they have NO phone that's fully compatible with any car other than Lexus. This will clearly change with time, but right now all Verizon has that seems to work reasonably well (given my caveat above re: hand-entering frequently dialed numbers) would seem to be the V710. The absurdity of it all is that the E815 is supposedly an upgraded V710!

Good luck. Hope to find a Verizon store that's willing to get into your car with you. Verizon tells its dealerships NOT to get into cars, and the Infiniti dealers tell you to take your troubles to Verizon. We have one store here that's willing to break the rules and sit in my car with me to get me set up. Bart :shades:
  • FYI - I have an M45 Sport and it connects to my Motorola E815 automatically everytime I enter the car. Just need to be sure the Blue Toothg is set to "On" on the E815. Works fine with no complaints.
  • I will be purchasing a new Verizon wireless cell phone next week and wanted to know which phone works better with the M35 Bluetooth, or if anyone can share their experiences both good/bad with either phone.

I have the VX8100 and it works well with the M. It connects automatically every time with no button pushes. There seems to be some debate over whether the E815 will do this or not. The Verizon rep told me I would have to turn on the Bluetooth every time. Maybe firmware versions in the phone have something to do with this.

Neither of them will transfer phonebook entries. The outgoing audio quality on the VX8100 seems to be better than the incoming when using the M's Bluetooth. If you get it be sure to set the call privacy setting to "Standard" as "enhanced" reduces the clarity of the audio.

I think the VX8100 menus and options are more logical than the Motorola but others may differ on this. I really like the way the voice dial and phonebook are set up on the VX8100. It's too bad that you can't use the LG's voice dial feature through the M's Bluetooth. The last Motorola I had was a pain with multiple numbers for the same contact. Unless the E815 is better at this, both Samsung and LG appear to handle multiple numbers more logically.
    I have an M45 Sport and it connects to my Motorola E815 automatically everytime I enter the car. Just need to be sure the Blue Toothg is set to "On" on the E815. Works fine with no complaints.

My local Verizon guy said he'd be willing to try coupling he E815 again by first deleting all prior coupling attempts. Now that I have regular connectivity and have changed our numbers, it's not worth more of my time. The shortcut that was set up worked ... but it's easier to simply get into the car and have connectivity.

I may go back to Verizon, but the phones are the same and their inability to transfer the phonebook nullifies the difference. Bart :shades:
  • I have the E815 and the default for this phone is to turn off blue tooth to conserve battery life. You can force blue tooth on all the time and recharge it more frequently and then it should connect right after you turn the car on.

Dew
    You can force blue tooth on all the time and recharge it more frequently and then it should connect right after you turn the car on.

One other poster here has constant connectivity with his 815 and I believe that my problem was with the coupling process with my car's system. I'm confident that if I re-coupled, after eliminating all existing couples, it would work just fine but I'm happy with my V710 and my wife has threatened me with bodily harm if I take the E815 back and leave her to re-enter her favorite numbers. Married 40 years, I know not to push the envelope!

Bart
  • sjcbillsjcbill Posts: 82
    Just a thought... The Verizon store here will transfer your numbers to a new phone for a small fee. I think it was $10.00 (They used to do it for free if you asked and they weren't too busy,) The phones do not have to be the same brand. I had numbers transfered from a Motorola V710 to an LG VX8100.
    (They used to do it for free if you asked and they weren't too busy,)

Thanks, sjc ... They just did it for me ... switched the numbers between my E815 and V710 ... no charge ... I've done them a couple of favors so they're willing to do it again but the functionality of the two phones is almost identical and I'm satisfied with the V710's connectivity. My wife's concern (and I can't blame her) is that she'd have to re-enter her phonebook in the V710 if we swap and it's not worth the effort.

I will ask them for another favor, however, and that is for them to help get our Parrott Bluetooth connection work for my wife's car. I have friends for whom it works just fine, but it's quirky for her right now. Bart
  • sjcbillsjcbill Posts: 82
    Another alternative in which you may be interested is a program called Data Pilot which you load on your computer and use to back up, edit, upload, download, or transfer phonebooks. Adding names and numbers on your computer then uploading them sure beats doing it on the phone. It can also sync with Outlook, Outlook Express, and Palm Desktop phonebooks. The program comes with a cable ( or a bunch of cables if you opt for the universal kit).

You can get more information at http://www.datapilot.com/
  • apintsapints Posts: 18
    Has anyone purchased a Motorola Razr from Cingular and had it paired with the M? Was the use seemless with good voice clarity? Can you download the phone book? Any info would be helpfull.
  • edspider1edspider1 Posts: 195
    I paired the Razr with my M and it works great. You can't download the phone book.
  • I have a Razr from Cingular and I am able to pair it perfectly. Actually have BT on permanently on my phone so it connects automatically with the M everytime I get in the car - very nice. Also - you can send individual address book entries from your phone to the M's address book. You simply go to your M Address Book function in the car's menu and from your phone you will choose "send" for the specific address. You have to do this for each address - but the prompts are nice that the M gives you and it will even place a voice tag on the specific address if you like.

PM me if you want more info on this.
  • I have done so. I have been disappointed with the sound volume and quality of the hands free setup. Specifically, the people I call hands free can barely hear/understand a word I'm saying when I'm at highway cruising speed, which is when I make most of my calls.

On my end, the volume of the hands free speaker needs to be louder.

Otherwise, the address book transfer works, but you have to do one number at a time and it's basically quicker just to do it manually.
  • joe_ojoe_o Posts: 27
    The volume of any source, including hands-free can be adjusted. The simplest way is to turn the radio volume knob while the source is in use (e.g., while someone is speaking on the phone).

Joe
  • Yeah, I know--if I didn't have that much know-how I probably couldn't get my car started with the push button. The problem is that at top volume the hands free isn't loud enough.
  • Any instructions on how to transfer my Phone book from Blackberry to M35X Bluetooth?
  • Just synced a Blackberry 7520 (Nextel). It won't tranfer phone book contacts. Maybe other models will but it will only transfer one at a time if it is capable of transferring.
  • does anyone else have a problem with background noise on their phone when talking on the speaker/handsfree..if i am travelling fast or on the highway everyonje tells me it is echoing on their end and/or that it sounds like i am underwater they sound fine coming through the speakers on my end but i get a lot of complaints...my dealer heard how bad it sounds and replaced the mic. problem still exists and they have pretty much given up...any advice? i've tried everything including changing the mic level to low in the diagnostic settings...
  • tmitchtmitch Posts: 14
    OK! I know many of you are tired of hearing about bluetooth questions, but you'll have to get over it one more time. I've owned my M35 for over 6 months now and have not used the bluetooth function yet because I didn't know what type of phone to get. I'm locked into a Sprint contract and I want to get two Treo 650's for my wife and I. Will this phone work? The Infiniti site does not list it, but I've heard a few M owners have tried it. In fact, I've heard some say yes and some say no. If anyone has expertise on this, please tell me what type of phone is the best to get that features a PDA. If I have to leave sprint, I will. I just dont have the patience to be fooling with different phones. Thanks!
    As of early this summer, I was unable to get the Treo 650 (Verizon) to couple with my M. However, someone did post success with the Treo but a different carrier. Hope he/she is still on this site.

Bart :shades:
  • bp714bp714 Posts: 18
    My Sprint Treo 650 works great with myy M35x. The only issue is the need to sens your speed dial numbers one at a time. They will not automatically transfer to the car as is the case with "supported" carriers.
    Otherwise, great phone, no worries.
  • momanmoman Posts: 28
    I have a "suuported carrier" and phone and I had to manually enter phonebook numbers into the M's phonebook. Am I the stupidest person alive for having done this or is there really no way for the bluetooth function to transfer phonebook numbers, as I suspect?(Nokia 6230/Cingular) :confuse:
  • ct1211ct1211 Posts: 56
    Hi all. I have the verizon Treo 650 and it works fine in my M over bluetooth. There is one issue - it disconnects after you start the car or after a call. To make a call you have to hold down the "phone" button on the steering wheel for several seconds until "bluetooth connecting" appears on the nav screen. Then press the phone button again to get voice recognition to dial.

Has anyone noticed a sqeaking of the rear suspension when going slow over a speed bump? Mine is doing it in my condo complex and it is bugging me a bit.

Thanks!! :shades:
  • I have been using a motorola v710 since I got my m35x in march. Using the bluetooth connection at highway speed, the sound is garbled.

Where exactly is the microphone located?
  • pete_l_ppete_l_p Posts: 322
    I have been using a motorola v710 since I got my m35x in march. Using the bluetooth connection at highway speed, the sound is garbled.

If you're using verizon, which is one of the providers with a v70, there's a likely solution.

Many verizon phones have an option for "Voice privacy" in the phones settings or security settings screen.

In every case I've seen and heard about, (including with my own samsung i730) turning off voice privacy eliminates the garbled effect, and greatly increases clarity.

Pete
  • joe_ojoe_o Posts: 27
    Not a pairing issue. Everything works fine with my Siemens S66, but all of a sudden today, after two months, I cannot hear the phone. The phone is dialing fine, but I can't HEAR it ! Fiddled with all the settings on phone and car, but no luck.

Any ideas? All other speaker functions work normally.

Joe
    My V710 and E815 (it's newer brother) from Verizon have excellent sound quality, so the problem must be in one of your settings ... or a hardware malfunction. Bart :shades:
  • To access voicemail, one must dial the number, then, when prompted, the password must be entered. How does one do this in the car's address book? I see no way to insert a pause, followed by the pin number.

Thanks.
  • To access voicemail, one must dial the number, then, when prompted, the password must be entered. How does one do this in the car's address book?

Just pick up your cell phone and key in your password numbers on your cell phone key pad. I do it all the time. You have your cell phone laying there by you - right ? Like with a Moto E815 - just flip it open, punch in your code and you're in your voice mail. It's easier doing that than getting a headache chasing anything else.
  • thajorthajor Posts: 10
    I'm not sure about other carriers, but with Sprint you can set up a "hands-free" mode for voicemail. When you dial in from your cell, you don't have to enter your password and the system automatically plays your messages.

It might be worth checking into with your cell carrier.